Author Topic: Balance 1h thrust + nudge  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
Balance 1h thrust + nudge
« on: October 01, 2013, 03:57:15 pm »
+2
 I don't know about you guys but I'm getting tired of those silly patches 'balancing' classes by making each one of them more broken that the other.

1h thrust used to be shit, now it's as broken as 2h lolstab ( which devs have not fixed). Now 1h roll the servers with scottish/ espada's and other former useless weapons and basically use it like a 100 speed awlpike with a shield.
Advantages? Huge speed, great reach, devastating damage, defends against kicks.

Now, I know that 1h thrust was shit before that patch, but now it's just silly how easy it is, and I'm talking as a shielder. Add to that the possibility to make an unblockable nudge to another guy and you ahve the perfect recipe for an unbeatable class, both in clusterfucks and in duels.

Yes, 1h needed a buff. No, it didn't need more gamebreaking options. If you devs have some sense, please play the game and adjust it.
Thank you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Re: Balance 1h thrust + nudge
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 04:35:48 pm »
I don't know about you guys but I'm getting tired of those silly patches 'balancing' classes by making each one of them more broken that the other.

1h thrust used to be shit, now it's as broken as 2h lolstab ( which devs have not fixed). Now 1h roll the servers with scottish/ espada's and other former useless weapons and basically use it like a 100 speed awlpike with a shield.
Advantages? Huge speed, great reach, devastating damage, defends against kicks.

Now, I know that 1h thrust was shit before that patch, but now it's just silly how easy it is, and I'm talking as a shielder. Add to that the possibility to make an unblockable nudge to another guy and you ahve the perfect recipe for an unbeatable class, both in clusterfucks and in duels.

Yes, 1h needed a buff. No, it didn't need more gamebreaking options. If you devs have some sense, please play the game and adjust it.
Thank you.

stop speaking of gamebreaking in conjuction with 1h stab. thats complete bullshit. i have a spearman build with unloomed war spear and i am doing pretty well against 1h users [mind you i am noob at manual blocking]. you people need to stop crying and adapt ffs.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 04:42:17 pm »
+3
I still hate awlpike more than any stabbing 1h.

Skyrim UI

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 05:17:45 pm »
+1
The 1h thrust needs a nerf, atm there is no sense in ever rightswinging if your weapon got a pointy end and is used with one hand, amassed at the amount of bullshit I'm hearing about it though.
You can't stab when the weapon is retracting, the moment it starts glancing with the current animation is right before it is at 100% reach, which is for how long I believe stabs should be able to stab, before the buff the animation was also beyond retarded, starting to glance 50-60% into the reach it gives you. Damage is only really strong on espadas, sideswords, and scots, which (besides the sideswords) will deal very low amounts of damage swinging, and even with my 31 pierce I've yet to onehit someone with decent amounts of armor on my 4ps, 181 wpf, char (cannot say the same for my 3ps godknowshowmuchwpfand10ath 2h with a katana). Stab based 1hs are still not overpowered, they went from low to top tier 1h swords, true, but they're still only equal to the great swinging swords. You can't facehug stab someone without twirling a bit, same bit you need to twirl to do it with a 2h sword, the 1h animation makes that tiny bit of twirling extremely natural though.

Ideally the nerf should either be:
Flat -1, 2 or even 3 pierce damage on all 1hs, nerfing just a few 1hs stab would be idiotic, and shit on internal balance, either nerf all the stabs or leave them all alone.

Do a completely new animation, that extends only 75% or so as much as the current one does, but keeps the same overall speed as the current anim (so that you won't glance while still stabbing and not retracting).

Slow down the time it takes to prepare the stab quite a bit, making it as powerful as now for range stabbing, but easy to spam at facehug range.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:25:26 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline STR_KpuBopy4ka

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 09:10:09 pm »
+1
All stab mechanics (2h, polearm and 1h) need rework or maybe nerf.
Stab must glance a lot so everybody should use it carefully(now many players just stab, stab and stab).
Facehug stab is annoying(hoplite, 2d polearms and 2h). 1h can't do that(i can mistake)
Nudge is the most broken thing in the game(but ppl who use it usually say it's ok)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 09:40:19 pm »
+1
Facehug stab is annoying(hoplite, 2d polearms and 2h). 1h can't do that(i can mistake)

Polearm and 1h is the best for facehug stabs.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 09:41:41 pm »
Polearm and 1h is the best for facehug stabs.

define which polearms please

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 09:45:58 pm »
Poleaxes and shorter spears, not long axes, hafted blades or bardiches. (War) Spear, Awlpike and the Poleaxes the best at it, I'd say.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 10:02:13 pm »
I agree the 1h nudge free hit combo is pretty stupid, but the 1h'ers have to get in really close to do that. It should be fixed, but for now if a 1h'er abuses the nudge on you, just abuse the nice kick radius/range on them :D
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 10:22:30 pm »
Poleaxes and shorter spears, not long axes, hafted blades or bardiches. (War) Spear, Awlpike and the Poleaxes the best at it, I'd say.
I'd also add Iron Staff to this list.   :rolleyes: