Author Topic: RIP Dedicated throwing  (Read 22846 times)

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Dedicated throwing
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2011, 01:07:58 am »
I have played since beta and Nord Javelin Cavalry is the most fun way of playing I have every found :(

Shame you can't do that in C-RPG any more.

You know the mod where you play the class you want to make.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2011, 05:54:21 am »
I have played since beta and Nord Javelin Cavalry is the most fun way of playing I have every found :(

Shame you can't do that in C-RPG any more.

You know the mod where you play the class you want to make.

Good times. When the nord cav got their free javalins, I remember doing melee javalin duels and dodgeball. It was awesome.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Homey_D_Clown

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2011, 10:07:57 pm »
ruined my 50/50 split 2h/thrower hybrid. now i got a crossbow instead of my large bag of balanced heavy throwing axes : (

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2011, 10:13:30 pm »
Don't despair, the item slaves balancers are already working on it.

I don't have specific info, but I believe it includes accuracy buffs, ammo buffs and slot usage reduction for some weapons.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2011, 10:26:42 pm »

I don't have specific info, but I believe it includes accuracy buffs, ammo buffs and slot usage reduction for some weapons.

Thats cool. I like the sounds of that, but is that hiked wpf need being looked at? I think it was raised a little too high, since throwing is a strength build. Its what broke pure thrower builds the most in my opinion.

It would only have to be lowered a little bit. Being able to reduce my needed weapon master from 4 to 3 would make a world of difference, since I have to spend all my skill points converting to agility. It leaves the build useless and handicapped.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:30:47 pm by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2011, 10:27:10 pm »

How long is it gonna take to get these changes in? :)
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2011, 11:26:53 pm »
Thats cool. I like the sounds of that, but is that hiked wpf need being looked at? I think it was raised a little too high, since throwing is a strength build. Its what broke pure thrower builds the most in my opinion.

It would only have to be lowered a little bit. Being able to reduce my needed weapon master from 4 to 3 would make a world of difference, since I have to spend all my skill points converting to agility. It leaves the build useless and handicapped.

This so very very much.

As things currently stand it is flat out impossible to get enough wpf for high end PT while having enough skill points left for a little athletics, never mind the fact that Javalry is still up shite creek needing 4-5 Riding and 1-2 Horse Archery.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2011, 11:43:54 pm »
This so very very much.

As things currently stand it is flat out impossible to get enough wpf for high end PT while having enough skill points left for a little athletics, never mind the fact that Javalry is still up shite creek needing 4-5 Riding and 1-2 Horse Archery.

24/12 build. Or 21/15. I don't really buy it that it needs pure str, I'm doing quite ok with only 18 now.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2011, 12:33:48 am »
24/12 build. Or 21/15. I don't really buy it that it needs pure str, I'm doing quite ok with only 18 now.
7pt isnt high end.... and 18 agi is fail, go troll somewhere ells
also 7pt throwing wont kill a fly...

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2011, 12:41:23 am »
throwing really did need 8-9 pt in order to do well. The extra agility isn't much more effective.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2011, 03:25:13 am »
throwing really did need 8-9 pt in order to do well. The extra agility isn't much more effective.

Amen. It isn't a pure throwing build if you aren't as good at throwing as possible.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2011, 04:35:38 am »
7pt isnt high end.... and 18 agi is fail, go troll somewhere ells
also 7pt throwing wont kill a fly...
Amen. It isn't a pure throwing build if you aren't as good at throwing as possible.

^
Great examples of fail
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2011, 04:51:53 am »
^
Great examples of fail

Any particular reasoning? Or are you just looking for attention? We are having a discussion here and you are adding nothing of worth to it.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2011, 06:26:46 am »
Any particular reasoning? Or are you just looking for attention? We are having a discussion here and you are adding nothing of worth to it.

For the same reason I say archers that say that anything less than 10 PD is useless and won't kill anything.
Hell, if it's less than 10 PS melee is useless, god forbid you hit the guy more than once amirite?

I've had tons of time using throwing in c-rpg.  Many different throwing weapons (though my main love was always wardarts overall specifically because they required more hits unless it was a headshot) and throwers always say anything less than Y PT is worthless.  It's always been complete fallacy.  It still is.  I have a character now that STILL uses wardarts with a PT of 6 and he STILL drops people with them.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2011, 12:04:38 pm »
Yes but you will note that in my post which started that set of replies I specifically mentioned HIGH level throwing.

I didn't say that mid-level throwing was useless but the point is that if you are only using mid level throwing then without a doubt you are playing a hybrid build and have a back up weapon which you are able to defend yourself with after making your handful of throws.

A dedicated thrower on the other hand ONLY has his meager number of throws and has to get as much damage as possible in with those before being rendered pretty much useless.

Not to mention that even with Power Throw 10 the damage output of a thrower for 2 slots worth is UNDER 100 damage, compared to archers 5-600 and crossbows 800.

That damage output is one of the biggest points, a hybrid archer or crossbow can still potentially put out 300-500 points of damage while being able to put points into defending themselves better with a backup weapon, this is still considerably more than a DEDICATED thrower.