Author Topic: RIP Dedicated throwing  (Read 22828 times)

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
Re: RIP Dedicated throwing
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 04:35:47 am »
I just don't see why they needed to touch wardarts.  I seriously only ever saw like 5 people using them. 

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 04:37:04 am »
Because they were the only things we had left man. Finishing blow obviously.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Paroxysm

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 05:03:24 am »
i agree that hybrid throwers needed to be toned down. i was one myself with 10 pt and 10 ps and it was ridiculous. i had something for every situation. two javs would drop anyone below 50 armor. and if i got closed in melee i'd take out my 2hander and be not much weaker than a dedicated 2hander, it was too good to be a hybrid thrower. but throwing was seriously over-nerfed. dedicated throwers are useless between the stack size, slot and accuracy nerf, while i see many people on NA still packing effective crossbow sidearms. decent throwing hybrids are just impossible now as without all your wpf in throwing you may as well throw blind.

dedicated throwers should be a class that can compete with others and they cannot one bit at the moment, or else why is throwing even in the mod? can a dev really try playing a dedicated thrower for a generation and seriously say with a straight face that the class is fine?

hybrid throwers should be possible but just weaker in both throwing and melee than a dedicated character of that discipline, not a joke as they are.

i thought throwing was fun and i feel bad for everyone who loves being a dedicated thrower, you guys got fucked harder than any class ever.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 05:48:58 am »
rip an overpowered easy class born from weapons that are meant to be a supplement to melee
:| they could have made it a useable class, but they just nerffed it to shit.... even i dont want to throw... it isnt even ok to throw, its just crap

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 06:14:41 am »
I was gonna do a pure 2h build for a change this time, but now i think I will go throwing to test this nerf. And laugh in the face of adversity!
Professional poop cleaner

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 06:39:39 am »
Sometimes I just throw war darts at a wall to see if I can hit a certain spot. With the war darts nerf, I can't even do that!

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 07:21:21 am »
The winds rustle, and the trees remain silent.

The last throwers of cRPG assemble.

In their presence, they forge, they smelt, their javelins plunge into the fires of Mt. Goon. Out of the fires pours a thread, on this thread is written: "Try or do not, one thread to rule them all".

So it begun, listen to your player base? Or ignore them, make your choice developers.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 07:24:24 am »
The accuracy isn't what put the nail in the coffin, its the elimination of ammo. I mean 2 slots for 3 javelins? Come on now. 1.5 throws per slot is not justifiable... especially when its only a few more points of damage over a bow. There is no way you can tell me with a straight face that throwing is now "balanced."

Make javelins, throwing axes, throwing spears, and jarrids take up 1 slot and have a maximum of 3 ammo. Increase the power throw requirement by 1-2, and keep the wpf requirement for PT as is. Balanced throwing achieved.

Maybe reduce the damage by 10%, but at least give people who want to be dedicated throwers have a useable class.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 07:57:08 am »
The accuracy isn't what put the nail in the coffin, its the elimination of ammo. I mean 2 slots for 3 javelins? Come on now. 1.5 throws per slot is not justifiable... especially when its only a few more points of damage over a bow. There is no way you can tell me with a straight face that throwing is now "balanced."

Make javelins, throwing axes, throwing spears, and jarrids take up 1 slot and have a maximum of 3 ammo. Increase the power throw requirement by 1-2, and keep the wpf requirement for PT as is. Balanced throwing achieved.

Maybe reduce the damage by 10%, but at least give people who want to be dedicated throwers have a useable class.

The damage does not need to be decreased. It has already been decreased. And the wpf requirement should not stay as it is because it is currently unreasonable. To make throwing weapons do any kind of damage to compensate for there being so few of them, you need lots and lots of powerthrow. Dedicated throwers will want the most they can have, PT 10. 100wpf is no longer enough and you will get annoying red error messages every time you start a round telling you that you dont have enough, but not how much you actually need. I'm told the amount is somewhere over 140wpf, but could be higher. That is far too high for a weapon that you will run out of, and quickly. A lot of the higher end throwing weapons let you switch to melee. They are god awful melee weapons but with this change, you can't even use them as that since you cant afford to put points into polearms. You need to have a 30/12 attribute split, and 4 points in weaponmaster to make throwing weapons worth carrying. You can't have wpf in any other weapons, and you have to use all your skill points converting them to attributes for the 12 agility.

That is infact if 140wpf is the correct number. If it is higher, then it means being a pure thrower is no longer even possible. Why are different playstyles being removed from the game? A lot of the attraction to cRPG was the ability to find a mix of weapons and abilities that work for you. It's becoming "wear plate or you are playing wrong". I'm expecting the patch that removes ranged from the game entirely any day now.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 08:00:44 am by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2011, 08:56:56 am »
Aim for the head.

Problem solved.

Next.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011, 09:05:00 am »
The damage does not need to be decreased. It has already been decreased. And the wpf requirement should not stay as it is because it is currently unreasonable. To make throwing weapons do any kind of damage to compensate for there being so few of them, you need lots and lots of powerthrow. Dedicated throwers will want the most they can have, PT 10. 100wpf is no longer enough and you will get annoying red error messages every time you start a round telling you that you dont have enough, but not how much you actually need. I'm told the amount is somewhere over 140wpf, but could be higher. That is far too high for a weapon that you will run out of, and quickly. A lot of the higher end throwing weapons let you switch to melee. They are god awful melee weapons but with this change, you can't even use them as that since you cant afford to put points into polearms. You need to have a 30/12 attribute split, and 4 points in weaponmaster to make throwing weapons worth carrying. You can't have wpf in any other weapons, and you have to use all your skill points converting them to attributes for the 12 agility.

That is infact if 140wpf is the correct number. If it is higher, then it means being a pure thrower is no longer even possible. Why are different playstyles being removed from the game? A lot of the attraction to cRPG was the ability to find a mix of weapons and abilities that work for you. It's becoming "wear plate or you are playing wrong". I'm expecting the patch that removes ranged from the game entirely any day now.
you need 150wpf for 10pt, you need 140 for 9pt, 130 for 8pt, same for bows.... if you wear gear it needs more... u can wear 12lb np, but if your  9pt and have 138 wpf.... u can only wear 9lb....

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2011, 09:07:02 am »
oh stop crying, dedicated xbowers are in worse situation than any other class yet no one is crying bout them.
ya... your buff of 3p+ is sooo bad.... i hate dumb people
xbow bolts went form 10p to 13p... enjoy the buff dumb ass

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 09:09:49 am »
ya... your buff of 3p+ is sooo bad.... i hate dumb people
xbow bolts went form 10p to 13p... enjoy the buff dumb ass

Slowest reload/RoF
Most expensive
For all purposes IMPOSSIBLE to kite with due to standing still requirement for reloading

:rolleyes:

Adapt already, or move on.  Either way stop crying so much that you guys can't run around 1-shotting 7 shield skill huscarl shields, OR players with your ranged weapons anymore.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 10:38:37 am »
Aim for the head.

Problem solved.

Next.

Ok, I would absolutely love to, except after the accuracy nerfs you can't aim throwing weapons. The reticule is wide enough to ride a horse though. I don't understand the hostile and dismissive attitude. These are legitimate concerns that many people share.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2011, 10:43:28 am »
the item monkehs are working on it, afaik.