Author Topic: The Crusaders of Acre under King James [RECRUITING NA/EU/AUS]  (Read 40935 times)

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
Re: The Crusaders of Acre under King James [RECRUITING NA]
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2014, 07:30:08 am »
+3
Thank you Havelle. I really do enjoy your presence in the community and I appreciate and accept your apology. Now we can play crpg at weird hours and grow our neckbeards together.
That was the most heart warming response ive ever read.   :oops:

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2014, 09:04:15 am »
+6
Thank you Havelle. I really do enjoy your presence in the community and I appreciate and accept your apology. Now we can play crpg at weird hours and grow our neckbeards mustaches because I know Havelle is a mustache guy together.

ftfy

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2014, 01:57:35 am »
+2
The death of Felix
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The sun was setting on Slezkh village when the doctor discovered his wound. Felix had been trying to hide it ever since the taking of Yruma Castle, thinking it was not a serious wound. He had managed to hide it well, excusing himself when it hurt and skipping out on his check-up every two days. When the doctor finally got frustrated after the second time, he did a surprise visit on Felix, and just as he entered Felix's office in the garrison, Felix had a nasty fit of coughing, opening the partially healed wound. Felix tried to wave the doctor off, but he wouldn't have it. After several painful minutes of coaxing, the doctor finally managed to get Felix into his bed. That's when he found it, the wound was two inches long and two inches deep. Unfortunately, there was nothing he could do, Felix was dying. As soon as he learned this, Felix asked the doctor to summon his only child.
  Felix's daughter, Echo, was a unique person. First off, her mother had been a beautiful noblewoman from the desert, and father a noble from the tundra. No one knows how they met only that the mother had died giving birth to Echo. It was said Felix named her after her mother, but when he was asked this, his face would show the pain of her loss and the subject was dropped. Secondly, Felix did not have her trained to be a lady-in-waiting. No, he had her trained in just about every form of fighting that was available since she was old enough to lift a sword. Because of this, her muscles, height, and tendency to where armor instead of dresses, not many men found her "desirable", though she did earn the respect of the garrison in Slezkh Village during several bandit raids. When she entered her father's chambers, she was startled to see him in his bed, and the doctor rummaging through his bag, obviously looking for something. Finally noticing her at his bedside, Felix looked up at her and smiled.
"Hello, Echo. Fine weather this afternoon."
"Father what's going on, why is Wallace here?"
"Well, it seems that the wound I took......in the siege of New Yruma Castle is much more.....serious than I originally thought." Felix struggled to say between his coughs.
"Please father, stop speaking. You need to conserve your strength."
"There isn't much.....hope for me now, Echo. Please fetch me a pen and paper and something to place it on."
When she got him the things he requested he started to write.
"What are you writing?" She said as she was studying him closely.
"An official decree that you are to inherit the village from me, and a letter."
"A letter for who?"
Felix looked up and saw her confused face.
"Why, the King of course."
When he finished, he rolled both sheets of paper and sealed them with his signet ring. After this he handed her both the letters and his ring.
"Travel to Nova Slezkh Castle and give them to King James. Because of my long service, he should acknowledge you and meet the request I made of him, but be prepared if he doesn't."
"What should I do, if he doesn't?" She asked, looking at the scrolls and ring.
"Prove yourself, your loyalty, and your skill. Don't fear anyone. And don't let anyone coax you into something you do not feel comfortable doing."
"I will do this for you, father." She clutched what he gave her to her chest, as if afraid they would be taken away from her.
"No. You must do this because you want to, not because I want it." He broke into a fit of coughing. When it subsided, he asked her, "Please, sit down." When she sat down he put a hand to her face and examined her. "You look so much like your mother. May the gods favor your sword, Echo, and may they fear my wrath if they do not."
  With those last words, he succumbed to the wound that, at the moment, only her and Wallace knew of. The next day, Echo prepared for her journey to Slezkh Castle and to speak with the King, who no doubt already knew of Felix's death. After making sure she had everything she would need to travel, Jason, her father's steward, caught her attention. When she walked up to him to say her goodbye, he interrupted her.
"Echo, your father wished for you to have these." With a wave of his hands, several servants carried two chests to him. When he opened the first one, she immediately knew what it was.
"Are you sure, this was his."
"Yes, he wrote me a letter two days ago and told me to get it ready. As you can see the first chest is his armor. But in this other one is something he bought for you." He said this as he was opening the second chest. What he lifted out made Echo's eyes widen. It was a heavy crossbow that was used belong to someone in the family that is long since dead.
"Why? He knew I wasn't the best a using a crossbow. So, why give me this?"
"In the letter he sent me he expressed his desire for you to master something that he couldn't. He also told me that it would lessen the chance that you would die on the battlefield."
  At this Echo sighed knowing her father meant well, but couldn't help being disappointed. Shrugging of the feeling of sadness that suddenly overcame her, she accepted the gifts. Instead of going to King James in a dress, or even a tunic, she decided that she would wear the armor that her father had given her and made the resolve that she would master the use of the crossbow, just as Felix wanted. She would honor her father to the fullest that she could.
  Fortunately, the weather for the next several days was actually good for traveling. As soon as she reached the gates of Slezkh Castle, she was halted by the guard there. When she told him who she was, the guard let her in, apologizing, saying that he had not recognized her. When Echo reached the stables, a stablehand took her horse. As she was walking through the keep, she drew many a look from minor nobles and men-at-arms. It wasn't really a surprise, not many women chose the path of fighting over the leisurely life of a noblewoman.
  When she reached the doors to the throne room, the guard stopped her.
"The King is in counsel with his lords. If you can wait, they will be done shortly, and I will inform him that you are here."
  Instead of creating a big ruckus, Echo decided to wait. Two hours passed before the doors opened and the six lords walked out, each whispering to one another. Seeing this, the guard entered. When he came back out, he motioned to the still open doors.
"The King will see you know."
  Echo entered the room cautiously. There in the middle of the room James stood over several maps of the tundra, obviously deep in thought. As she approached, he looked up to see who came in.
"I had heard...." James whispered, obviously shocked.
  When she reached the table, Echo took out the two scrolls and the signet ring her father had given her. James looked at them and immediately knew what she was there for. He picked up the decree first and unsealed it. Then, after reading this he set it down and unsealed the letter. While reading this one though, his eyebrows furrowed. Finally, after reading this as well, he set it on the table.
"My, my." He said, shaking his head. "Your father sure asked a lot of me. Because Reinhardt entrusted the care of Slezkh Village to your family, I will allow you to inherit its titles. But what he asked of me in this letter....." He tapped the letter several times and shook his head and thought for several minutes.
"If I may ask, my King, what did my father ask of you?" Echo asked.
"Please, no need to be formal." He said. When Echo nodded, he continued, " He asked that you be accepted into the Royal Guard, which in its self I would agree to. But he also asked that I install you as the Captain, which I do not know if that would sit very well with the nobility. I cannot have unrest, especially not now, do you understand?" When she nodded, he frowned. "Speak. Please."
"I understand." She said. At this James nodded and the silence stretched for several minutes more.
"Because we were friends, I will accept his requests." He said finally, " I will also agree to his request for you being Captain, but you won't have full control until you've proven yourself, as your father had." He paused looking at Echo's face, looking for her reaction. When he did not see anything, he took his pen and a piece of paper and wrote a note on it. " Take this to the Quartermaster, Saint. He'll get a room for you so you can recover from your journey. Also,"He said as she was about to leave,"go to the royal gardens tomarrow so that I may inform you of your duties as the Captain of the Royal Guard."
  When she left the room, she turned to the guard and asked where she could find the Quartermaster. As she walked through the keep, once again, people stared. She thought about why they would, not once had anyone in the village ever given her a second glance, much less stared at her. When she reached the office of the Quartermaster, she gave him the note the King had given her. After reading it he wrote another note and told her to go to the Lorimbagh Inn, in the castle town and to give the note to the innkeeper.
  As she was walking to the inn, the same people were staring yet again. Echo puzzled over this right up until she entered the gardens, the next day, where James was sitting on a bench, waiting. As she was walking toward him he looked up.
"Do you wear your armor everywhere you go, Echo?" He asked, smiling.
Echo looked at him, confused. Then as if it suddenly dawned on her, she looked down surprised. "I, well, uh...." As she struggled to respond, James started laughing.
"It's quite alright. Your father did that as well. All he ever packed when we went on a campaign was a night shirt and his armor and weapons." He laughed at her surprised look. "Well, where did you think you learned that habit. Anyway, the reason I summoned you here today was to talk about your duties as Captain, not your father. That's for another day. Please, sit down." He motioned to the spot next to him. When she sat down, he leaned against the pine tree that was behind the bench. " Now, where to start."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:52:45 am by smals98 »

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2014, 02:07:22 am »
+1
would have put more pictures in the rp post, but i couldn't find the right one to fit the story after that second one...... :rolleyes:

*Edited some of the rp. Pm me or msg me in groupme if you see something that should be edited. Though I do not think there is anything left.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:54:06 am by smals98 »

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2014, 06:16:32 pm »
+3
A Stalwart Defence of Lord Xbow of the Scottish Rebels

The air hung heavy with an eerie feel as Lord Xbow of the Scottish Rebels returned from a trade run into the Order of Saints territory. He had seen a potentially hostile army in the region and was making for Dirigh Aban with maximum haste. Xbow couldn't help but feel that something was wrong. "Send forth a rider to Dirigh Aban with our fasted steed. The roguish bandit Krosis has been spotted in the area. He is in Acre lands and will face the full force of our trade laws should he attack us. Such behaviour will be met with fierce punishment. We will have need of reinforcements of troop and equipment." Xbow spoke to his scout leader Savage Roktal. Roktal responded quickly "Yes sir it will be done. Forbid a fool a thing and that he will do. I will have King Robert Bruce updated on the situation shortly." To which Xbow replied, "Godspeed my brother." Within minutes a beating of drums signaled that Roktal's scouting party was going ahead to warn of the potential attack.

Xbow had been right. Within a couple hours of dispatching Roktal torches and riders could be seen closing in on the trade party. Krosis must have ordered his men to double time, a costly mistake as once they were reinforced the Scottish Rebels would easily turn back the exhausted bandits. Knowing the party would not make Dirigh Aban in time to fortify properly Xbow ordered that the remaining troops dig trenches deploy spike walls and dig in for the assault. Robbie Burns had been commanded by Xbow to direct the fortification efforts, as well as to keep morale high among the now impending defenders. Speaking with the soldiers putting up fortification Robbie was happy to report high levels of morale and a near indecent amount of shit talking. Unable to contain his laughter at the things he was hearing Robbie spoke "Haha you fucking animals, keep that filth out of the ears of the lordship, I like your spirit however... I do myself expect to cut off the heads and shit down the throats of these bandits. That being said... please ensure the ladies of the court aren't exposed to yours and my twisted thinking.

Reinforcements had arrived just in time, King Robert Bruce himself rode to ensure the safety of his men. Upon arrival he was flanked by his two knewly knighted Kingsguards. They sounded the royal arrival as King Robert Bruce went to the war tent to meet with his Lords and Officers. "We've arrived with all the men and equipment needed. This will be a glorious day, let us make our ancestors proud let the forefathers of Scotland rejoice in this bloodbath." the King spoke. With a short tactical discussion had the men moved to prepare for the field battle. As the rogues were moving closer to the lines of the Scottish Rebels they began to see the fortifications and that they had not been able to attack an under-geared and unfair opponent, their disappointment was visible and perhaps even audible. Eager at the chance at blood and glory the Scottish Rebels could be seen with grins on their face, some even opting to not wear armor and fight naked as had their forefathers.

The enemy had superior terrain advantage and had taken up position on a cliff high above the Scottish Rebel fortifications. Luckily enough siege defences had been placed to protect the men from enemy ranged fighters. The Scottish Rebels had taken up position on the bank of a river, forcing the enemy to wade through chest deep water effectively negating their ability to dodge missiles and move quickly. The first 45 minutes of the battle consisted of allied ranged pelting the enemy with arrows and bolts. Several elite archers from the Kingdom of Acre had been in Dirigh Aban on a technology based mission educating the maesters of Dirigh Aban. Thankfully they had been present and able to ride with King Robert Bruce to the aid of Lord Xbow, their presence on the field accounted for hundreds of dead enemies alone. This was rather amazing considering the cliff the bandits were positioned on seemed to have some dark magic upon it blocking arrows and bolts in thin air.

Seeing the superior position of the enemy and having discussed battle plans with the other officers Xbow knew this was the time for the charge. Ladders were dropped across the river and the charge was ordered. Fiercely offended that someone would have the audacity to try and murder his men in their own territory Lord Xbow and King Robert Bruce could be seen charging into battle first cleaving limbs off left and right with their newly acquired Highland Claymores, shipped from their ancient homeland and sanctified with the blood of infidels.

Quickly the charge reached the hill where the enemy was positioned. The bandits were putting up much less of a fight than had been accounted for. With only a few remaining enemy archers shooting at the camp Xbow was able to surprise them as they were focused on the troops remaining to defend the archers on the friendly side of the river. "By the rightful Gods of Calradia you will know that we are the hand of justice when I lay the holy hammer of the Gods upon you" Xbow shouted as he kicked two of the archers off the cliff and spun quickly to clip the face of the third with his Claymore. With King Robert Bruce guarding his flank and cutting down the few remaining enemies routing the battle had been won.

The victory had been a good test of the Kingdom of Acre and Scottish rebel territorial policy as well as a strong blooding of many recruits. Xbow and Robert Bruce being exhausted from battle retired to their tents to feast upon chicken and ale a glorious victory it had been indeed.

The Reclamation of the Ancestral Seat of Kings

With the rest of the Kingdom secured from the nomads who had taken hold in it James set his eyes on the northern jewel of the Kingdom, Nova Curaw. The town was a formidable production force. James had lived it for a long period of time before the doom. His men approached it now, they were a few kilometers away. The attack would be made at nightfall.

As the order to attack was given 1700 men tasked with eliminating the captors of the town and securing it scaled the walls. Resistance was small and within a half hour the enemy commanders were rounded up and their forces dead or in chains. "The city is ours, you and your men are free to seek refuge elsewhere but you may not remain here." James spoke to the nomad commander. Looking back to Westgate James said "Have every house,shop, and keep in the village gutted, cleaned, and refurnished properly, I'll be taking up residence and garrison here shortly. With no other tasks immediately at hand James walked with his Kingsguard to the Throne room. He recognized it well from his childhoold and his earlier years, he was home.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:21:36 am by njames89 »

Offline SP1N

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: N1PS, SP1N
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2014, 08:34:23 pm »
+5
I miss when this clan was Crusader themed.
(click to show/hide)

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2014, 04:26:11 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2014, 04:16:27 am »
+5
Hello,
Goodbye my friends, if you havent known behemoth and vebb has been constantly harassing me and its been rough. However, ive had enough of this horrible behaviour and "internet trolling because im showing how tuff i am in this type".
maybe i will see some of you guys again
You would never be allowed to join my faction sugarhoe :/. We only accept players who are not toxic negative influences in the community. Considering your behavior in game, on the forums, in ts, and in general I would say you are the worst person I've encountered in the community and certainly would never fit with what Acre is looking for, also Fuck You.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:32:09 am by SugarHoe »

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2014, 07:30:12 am »
+4
(click to show/hide)

But is it harassment to harass a heretic? Are you even being harassed? Perhaps the madness hath taken you? Behemoth and Vebb are Knights of the Cross, surely they would never do such a thing. Such complex situations I find myself in. Oh gods give me strength.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 07:38:50 am by njames89 »

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2014, 05:42:24 pm »
+1
Oh gods give me strength.

(click to show/hide)

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Noodlenrice

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Bastards
  • Game nicks: Noodlenrice
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2014, 11:17:03 pm »
Hello,
Goodbye my friends, if you havent known behemoth and vebb has been constantly harassing me and its been rough. However, ive had enough of this horrible behaviour and "internet trolling because im showing how tuff i am in this type".
maybe i will see some of you guys again
You would never be allowed to join my faction sugarhoe :/. We only accept players who are not toxic negative influences in the community. Considering your behavior in game, on the forums, in ts, and in general I would say you are the worst person I've encountered in the community and certainly would never fit with what Acre is looking for, also Fuck You.
ban James for bullying

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2014, 11:52:53 pm »
Lord_Echo lol

Offline smals98

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2014, 01:22:58 am »
+1
;_;

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2014, 01:39:19 am »
+6
shameless self advert ahoy

[H]ello!

I am an artist/archer looking for work. I'm proud to say that I am moderately accomplished at artistry, while my sharpshooting skills are... Underwhelming, to say the least. I do, however, draw great profit through my portraits of great lords and rich soldiers (such as your king, James) that continue to fund my career as a professional soldier.
An example of my expertise is below:

(click to show/hide)

If any of you would like, I can do a custom portrait for 10k each, with additional funding/offers generously accepted.

... Oh yeah, I can also do mercenary work if any of you so desire.