Author Topic: Pirating Rome II (Because fuck you CA)  (Read 20825 times)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: Pirating Rome II (Because fuck you CA)
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2013, 09:28:08 am »
I do not remember that in the last couple of years has been released at least one game, only products
that's the difference between games of the 90s and those that they offer to us today

in 90s i played to the end like 99% of games
after 2004 I was only interested in playing till the end in Game of Thrones RPG (but only final part for 1 hero  :P
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:34:09 am by Vovka »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2013, 12:15:04 pm »
The way I look at pirating in general is ... if you don't like the product, don't buy it. Maybe it's a bit of a simplistic perspective but  it's not like when Nissan puts out a shitty car or Nokia puts out a bad phone model it gives you the right to go and steal it because it doesn't match your expectations, you just don't buy it. You may argue that piracy is a victimless crime but that's not really the case, I'm sure that for many people if the option to pirate would be unavailable they might buy the product.

Now I admit I occasionally pirate stuff as well but trying to morally justify it and act like it's some noble thing seems just silly to me. (there are some exceptions I guess)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2013, 01:44:23 pm »
Pirating is anonymous mass robbery, quite similar to pillages in period of anarchy: so easy to get out with having everything you want for free  :P

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2013, 02:01:44 pm »
The way I look at pirating in general is ... if you don't like the product, don't buy it. Maybe it's a bit of a simplistic perspective but  it's not like when Nissan puts out a shitty car or Nokia puts out a bad phone model it gives you the right to go and steal it because it doesn't match your expectations, you just don't buy it. You may argue that piracy is a victimless crime but that's not really the case, I'm sure that for many people if the option to pirate would be unavailable they might buy the product.

Now I admit I occasionally pirate stuff as well but trying to morally justify it and act like it's some noble thing seems just silly to me. (there are some exceptions I guess)

----------------1---------------------             ------------------------2-------------------------------                  ---------------------------------------3---------------------------------------------------
---------Nissan for free------------            -------------Same nissan for cost price+5$-------                ----------Same Nissan for cost price+5$+10000$ for Board directory---------
 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: :twisted:              :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P                  -----------------------------------cyber the nice guy----------------------------
 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:  :twisted: :twisted:                :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P 
                                                               :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Offline Cyber

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2013, 02:15:37 pm »

----------------1---------------------             ------------------------2-------------------------------                  ---------------------------------------3---------------------------------------------------
---------Nissan for free------------            -------------Same nissan for cost price+5$-------                ----------Same Nissan for cost price+5$+10000$ for Board directory---------
 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: :twisted:              :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P                  -----------------------------------cyber the nice guy----------------------------
 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:  :twisted: :twisted:                :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P 

If you don't think it's worth the price you don't break into the car dealership and steal it, you just don't buy it, just like I did with Rome II.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2013, 02:52:07 pm »

Pirating isn't analogous to any kind of physical theft, because you are not stealing anything from anyone, you are copying it.
If you don't think it's worth the price you don't break into the car dealership and steal it, you just don't buy it, just like I did with Rome II.
Or.. if you don't think it's worth the price, you pirate it?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Cyber

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2013, 03:26:08 pm »
Pirating isn't analogous to any kind of physical theft, because you are not stealing anything from anyone, you are copying it. Or.. if you don't think it's worth the price, you pirate it?

Don't you think that some people if they didn't have the option to pirate the game available might buy it which cuts direcctly into the developer/publisher or whoever income.  I know I have pirated some games where if didn't have that option I would have bought the game. I satisfied my wish to play their game by pirating it instead of perhaps eventually paying for it which results in them losing money in a very real way. They are not offering a "physical" product, they make money from our desire to play the game and if we already fulfill it with piracy then they obviously lose potential customers and money. Now yes I do admit that it's not as bad as stealing a car from someone but I still don't think you can morally justify it, then again I also still do it because I'm a jerk.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 03:32:03 pm by Cyber »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2013, 04:21:01 pm »
Some people would have, but some wouldn't. If someone who wouldn't buy Rome 2 even if he couldn't pirate it pirates it, it is a victimless crime.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2013, 12:31:19 am »
I haven't pirated a video game for like 10 years but feel tempted to pirate this out of principal. seriously fuck CA

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2013, 05:39:39 pm »
I'm going to download it and hand out free DVDs in the street. I'm not going to bother playing it though.

But you you are going to put an effort into the product, in silly more time consuming way.

Offline Elemental

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2013, 04:46:07 am »
Game developers ruin the gaming experience when they add DLC like this...

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2013, 06:04:44 am »
+1
I can say, this is the last time I buy a TW game without pirating it first.

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2013, 11:34:47 pm »
Hey yeah we're releasing the game, and in 3 weeks we'll release this add on that was prepared before hand but we're going to make it separate to leech more money from you.

thanks!

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2013, 11:47:49 pm »
Hey yeah we're releasing the game, and in 3 weeks we'll release this add on that was prepared before hand but we're going to make it separate to leech more money from you.

thanks!

Pretty much, or at least it was planned to be ready to sell (and not ready to release) at around Christmas.

The release dates have meanings, it means the base game could have been planned to be released in Q1 or Q2 2014, but others with more influence decided to speed things up to sell it just before next gen console/christmas/new year.

Give the game 3 or 6 more months and it will be in the state it should have been at release : working and good. Atm, if you play without mods you're losing your time.