Author Topic: 2 handed animation change.  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: 2 handed animation change.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 02:21:47 am »
+5
Have you played both polearm and two hand class? Probably not, you probably got killed by a two hander and now you're mad. I played both you just gotta adjust the playstyle. Instead of qq'ing about how the stab outreaches yours block it and get in close then attack.

I use the polearm right swing to wrap around teammates for killsteals all the time, its excellent once you get used to it, and is the ultimate "backpedal and spam" animation. Even the left swing isn't too bad, especially with the last patch. I find myself hilt slashing way more naturally with polearms, and that thrust can be killer when used in facehug range without having to fuck with the mouse too much (unless a pike)

I mainly play a two hander, anyways. But gimme a Long Bardiche and some polearm WPF and I'm killing just as much, if not better than most of my two handers. Especially that reach, balanced, high cut, shield bust, horse rear. Delicious stats. And the versatility of hoplites or long spears is unmatched by any two-handed class. Polearm hoplite stab is just as good as a two-handed sword stab, almost as much bonus reach, more damage, a shield.

All fun (and pretty balanced!) classes.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 03:01:05 am »
Naaw, realism or not keep the animations for variations.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 04:02:44 am »
It'd be nice if they just made minor adjustments to the animations, changing the positioning of the hands on the blade. For example instead of the left arm grabbing the bottom of the hilt, make it grab the blade partway down. Gameplay would remain untouched and realism is increased.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 01:49:31 pm »
+3
There is so many things that can be done about realism, but devs don't implemented them because of game balance.

For example:
- why shield skill requirement AGY instead of common sense STR (if they implemented STR for better shield - there is no more fast 1h spammers with good shield - low STR - weak shield, and there is no more unbreakable shield.
- they can make higher STR for armors - on that way there is no more AGY builds in good armor - low STR - weak armor.
- you can block in close combat with wooden pike, yea right ....

Lots of things can make this mod more realistic, but I guess its game balance.

Also, all talking about realism when someone QQ over 2H class .....

because that would make 2h absolutely fucking overpowered. you act like if there wasnt any 2h spam, when actually 2h spam is more common. shielders are already penalized per hit by having to lower their shields, which is relative to shield speed. AGI builds pay heavy price for what they are, one hit from anything equals death.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 05:22:52 pm »
All 2 handed weapons should have the poleram animation because that was the true realistic and historically way of fighting with 2 handed weapons/swords, the poleram animation in this mod should be the official animation of 2 handed weapons and the current one should be removed because it is unrealistic, fantasious and really overpowered compared to other type of weapons. The thrust animation is retarded too, when you thrust, it hits just way too fast against the objective, sometimes the thrust animation looks a big penis coming to your face and you know that you blocked but it didnt block because the speed of the thrust is the speed of the light, a nonsense.
two handed weapons have longer handle for reason you know...
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 11:08:55 am »
Sure why try to make games close to reality at all, how about turning all the horses into My Little Ponies, making archers shoot arrows out their asses and replacing meele weapons with baloons?

I'm sorry but the useless thing here is your post.

You are useless in game and we both know that :)

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 04:16:10 am »
+4
A two-handed sword was usually used as a very short, bladed spear. The bearer would halfsword, gripping it at the hilt and beneath the upper quillions. Truly the blade was not much longer than a one handed sword as it actually had a very, very long "hilt." Thrusts were very versatile -- they could be performed similar to a polearm thrust or overhanded. Unfortunately we see none of this in cRPG. Instead we get the fantasy, Hollywood style hilt grasp with ridiculously lengthy thrusts that would require inhuman strength to perform. Put in some halfswording animations, just like polearms, and the game would be more fun for everybody.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:07:50 am by Palurgee »

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 06:22:48 pm »
+1
I agree with you Owens. It has to be agi based. But you can't change 2h because that's what sets it apart from pole arm. Majority of these swings are silly. You get the helicopter spin swing. The backwards stab and the side swing when your past them. But they are needed. Sometimes realism can kill a game

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 02:55:37 pm »
Its actually amazing how light swords are easy to use with 1 hand.

Im around 70kg and a sword around the size of a longsword (replica of broader design) could be swung quickly with 1 hand but with less penetrating power than with 2 hands. The problem with the two handed grip (irl) is it is clumsy and restricts your movement. Most swords were used with 1 hand while attacking because it was better. Blocking is a different story a polearm or two handed grip is much better for deflecting or absorbing hits. It would be nice to see this more in cRPG.

On another note 2 H blocking animation should be polearm for most of the swords.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 03:41:11 pm »
+2
It's a legitimate move with a 2-handed sword. However, it's only one move among dozens, while Mount&Blade only allows 4 moves per weapon. Personally, I'd love to see two-handers half sword and grapple, etc, along with having the current stab. Same with polearms (spears have a very similar stabbing capability as a sword, if used in both hands). But that's not gonna happen any time soon,  I think.

Goliath:
(click to show/hide)

The Flower of Battle:
(click to show/hide)

The Solothurner Fechtbuch:
(click to show/hide)

16th century
Fechtbuch of
Paulus Hector Mair
:
(click to show/hide)

Kunst des Fechten: