Author Topic: Buff siege shields  (Read 632 times)

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
Buff siege shields
« on: August 04, 2013, 11:58:19 am »
+11
I love siege gear and I think its a pity that siege shields arent used much in non-strat games.

The siege shields right now can be destroyed in a single 2h swing. I think it would be appropriate to give those a bit more survivabitlity as in surviving 5 ( or even more ) hits maybe instead of 1. They will be still destroyed pretty fast and you wont be able to effectively block entrances with them but at least it would occupy an enemy for more than 1 second to down the siege shield, giving them actual value for defending positions. Right now I dont think they are worth 2 slots and 25 kilograms.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zomg

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord of Sungetche
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • IRC nick: Kebabmeister
Re: Buff siege shields
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 12:55:27 pm »
Perhaps the wooden stakes can also be a bit more hard to break as well. But yeh - Siege Shields should also be a bit tougher, so to speak. Maybe not five hits; but three-four with a good 2H Sword.

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 07:23:17 pm »
I agree with this suggestion, though I think they can be abused this way: place resupply and take siege shields, and any narrow or even not that narrow passage can be blocked quite easily.

This way you can just limit it to battles.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 09:33:37 pm »
+1
I agree with this suggestion, though I think they can be abused this way: place resupply and take siege shields, and any narrow or even not that narrow passage can be blocked quite easily.

This way you can just limit it to battles.

Well, this is exactly what I dont want.

Right now it takes a single person 1 or 2 swings to destroy a siegeshield. You dont see people hacking down siegeshields because there is no need to. If you want it gone you can do so every second you wish anyway by just throwing in a swing as you walk by.

Even if you buff their HP by 600 %, 2 people can still down a siegeshield in what ? 3 or at most 4 swings each ? Which will increase their survivability from -none- to maybe 2 - 3 seconds. Spamming them isnt possible either since there is a count limit for deplayables of every kind. The time it takes to resupply siegeshields from a weapon rack would be still severly longer than you can destroy them.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 12:11:26 am »
+1
The siege shields right now can be destroyed in a single 2h swing. ...

siege shields work as intended. they are supposed to block missiles and not meele attacks.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 12:58:50 am »
+1
siege shields work as intended. they are supposed to block missiles and not meele attacks.

I agree that is their main purpose. Which doesnt necessarily mean though it has to be destroyed as soon as someone breathes on it, does it ?

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 01:22:39 am »
+1
Perhaps the wooden stakes can also be a bit more hard to break as well. But yeh - Siege Shields should also be a bit tougher, so to speak. Maybe not five hits; but three-four with a good 2H Sword.

While I agree with the OP about siege shields, stakes shouldn't really receive any buffs. They have already become the spammer's best friend. When you got one in the game, you see stakes all around the place. Under ladders, above ladders, on ladders, 10 of them placed on top of each other at choking points, in abundant numbers at random places... You can just multiply the examples. But then again, if siege shields are buffed as suggested, who can guarantee that they won't get abused just like stakes?