Author Topic: Dayz Breaking point  (Read 8178 times)

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
Re: Dayz Breaking point
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 10:18:54 pm »
Sooo is it worth getting arma3 just for dayz?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 01:17:52 am »
+1
I made a video before, I'll try to stick it up but there are others out there.

Ermmm. Ive played full 50 player servers for 3 hours now and the only person Ive bumped into was my friend (deliberately) for about 5 seconds before he died of hunger. Map is 270km square - with 50 ppl thats nearly 5.5 km per person average. It depends if you like the lonely survival game or you want the mental social/KoS interaction that chernarus offered. If you don't mind not seeing any other players for hours, or you have the patience to meet up with friends then yes (actually fuck it, Arma 3 wasteland is really good so get it for that anyway). Corner to on the altis map is like 24km+. Thats not quick on foot if thats where you and your chum happen to spawn. Run speed is 15km/h I think, take into account looting stuff (about 95% of building in arma3 are enterable so looting takes much longer, all buildings can offer something etc) to survive with, killing Z's etc thats probably at least about 2 hours of perfect navigation towards eachother.

Anyway to answer you question: I think so. Its a good game, and BP is interesting. Also I'm always happy to give money to developers who encourage/nurture/reward/embrace good modders and BI did that with Dayz/Dean Hall, even though he spent his signing up bonus on a trip to everest while the world waited (and is still waiting for) dayz standalone. 

tl;dr - sure if you can spare the cash.
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 08:08:03 am »
+1
I find Arma 3 much better than Arma 2 and for this reason Breaking Point is also better for me than any Arma 2 DayZ mod. Getting in just for Breaking Point though, dunno. I actually like a lot of other multiplayer missions, some are really good and fun, but you have to give them a chance :)
Yeah NejStark, the map is absolutely huge, I think 100 player limit (or even a bit more) would be ideal for such a map. I still think there's a good chance to meet someone if you wander around the hospital in Kavala. I kind of like it myself that you don't meet someone every half an hour. Anyway, they also said they'll support Stratis in the future, for those that want a smaller map.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 09:56:59 pm »
+1