Author Topic: "Incorrect authorization key"  (Read 4966 times)

Offline Carac

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Carac
"Incorrect authorization key"
« on: July 02, 2013, 09:18:22 pm »
Hey! Playing 20 minutes ago, left, got back on, tried to join a game, IAK. What do? Wait it out?
best shitstain NA

Offline Angellore

• Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: "Incorrect authorization key"
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 09:34:36 pm »
+1
Like always - Strategus battle started, everyone tried to join in first 2-3 seconds, and now you can't join servers at all.
It started happening after one of cRPG patches about half a year ago (might be WSE2 release, don't remember correctly).
WSE2 introduced "fast connecting to server" function, which might be related with this bug. But crpg devs don't care, so we can do nothing about this.
At the moment, I can join native Warband servers, I can join native WFAS servers, but I can't join cRPG servers.

BTW: Sorry to people who counted on me during Strategus battle, but I can't join the server to help you :(.

Offline Carac

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »
I havent been in a strat battle since yesterday
best shitstain NA

Offline Angellore

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:31:31 pm »
This doesn't matter, because so many connections in short period of time bugs whole server (authentication / crpg), not only specific clients.

I already suggested to try avoid kicking 100 people from EU_3 before each strategus battle and turning quick connection to server off. The second suggestion is pretty easy to implement (requires WSE2 patch which set this feature off), but crpg devs are too lazy to even check simple solutions like this.
And no, i'm not sure if that's causing the problem, but it might do. Therefore it's good idea to disable it for a while. If that's not causing the problem, devs can always turn it on again, right?

This started happening after one of patches (same day as patch was released I saw this issue for the first time), so there is very high chance it's related to one of WSE2 features.

Offline Carac

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 10:33:13 pm »
hmm okay so is there nothing else to do but wait it out?
best shitstain NA

Offline Angellore

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 10:55:06 pm »
+1
After some time (usually 15-30 minutes) authentication server starts working again, so most people can join the server.
Most, because some people seems to be blocked from joining crpg servers, but can join other servers (native) without problems.

So there are actually two issues same time.
First is bugged authentication server, after too many connections from WSE2 clients same time. With this issue, you get "Unable to connect to server" message.
Second is "Incorrect authorization key" message, which happens only to some people. If you are unlucky, when authentication server start working again, you will get "Incorrect authorization key" message, and then you won't be able to join cRPG servers for next few hours. You can join native servers without problems though, so it's only related to crpg servers for some reason.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 11:00:46 pm by Angellore »

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 11:48:32 pm »
Im getting the same issue! I have had it for like 2 hours

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 11:52:06 pm »
+1
"unable to connect to server" = client failed to connect to TaleWorlds  master server
"invalid authorization key" = server failed to connect to TaleWorlds master server

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 11:55:38 pm »
Ahhhhh so none of it is CRPG related its related to Taleworlds fucking up?

Offline Ragnar_Ulfson

• Count
  • Renown: 185
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ulfson
  • IRC nick: Ulfson
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 12:12:57 am »
This fucking blows, fix your shit!

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 12:14:46 am »
This fucking blows, fix your shit!

I know im pissed and wanna play too haha but its Talederps fault not CRPG im pretty sure!

Offline Angellore

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 12:15:42 am »
Yes, Taleworlds don't want cRPG players to play strategus battles, because this particular issue happens ONLY when strategus battle is starting. So they surely monitor cRPG strategus battles, and right when big battle starts, they quickly bug their servers. It surely has nothing to do with cRPG itself!
Also, this problem didn't exist before WSE2 release, so surely Taleworlds added it after WSE2 was released, just to make cRPG WSE2 players annoyed by it.
Good thinking!

EDIT: Cmp, i'm not saying you aren't right. The thing is, WSE2 is probably causing this issue.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 12:22:38 am by Angellore »

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 09:13:26 am »
+1
Been having similar issues with NordInvasion and other mods, even native servers around the times of these complaint posts.

I can't say whether or not strategus/WSE2 is related, (maybe it sets Taleworlds' servers on fire, or unleashes ethernet cable chomping rats, though I kind of doubt it) but it's not restricted to cRPG.

Offline _RXN_

• Count
  • Renown: 254
  • Infamy: 40
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chadzina
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 10:23:48 am »
"unable to connect to server" = client failed to connect to TaleWorlds  master server
"invalid authorization key" = server failed to connect to TaleWorlds master server
Two days ago this "invalid authorization key" thing happened to me when I tried to join a Strategus battle. I changed my IP through Anchorfree, tried to rejoin the battle again and I managed to enter it. After that, I disabled the Anchorfree, tried to connect and gain I got "invalid authorization key". I made this experiment like ten times during that battle and every time i got the same: my IP - "invalid authorization key", new IP - successful login to the server.

Offline Angellore

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 10:47:07 am »
+1
WSE2 changed the way clients connects to server, and that's where problem might be. Normally you need about 5 seconds to join server, WSE2 makes it like 2 seconds. This might create possible problems - maybe Taleworlds devs made connecting delay for some reason?
With so many connections from WSE2 clients in similar time, Taleworlds authentication server might take us as aggressors and block itself for 15-30 minutes (network attack protection). When you try to spam entering the server too much, you might get even blacklisted for next few hours (that's why IP change helps, since server blacklists your IP).
This started happening after one of cRPG patches, so it's almost surely related to one of cRPG "features". Quick connection to server is first thing I would check on cRPG devs place. It's good place to start at least.