Author Topic: New patch first thoughts  (Read 9191 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: New patch first thoughts
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 03:06:53 pm »
BUFF RANGED!!!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2013, 03:07:32 pm »
+3
Love this patch so much. 

Makes shielder vs shielder fights way less boring.  I love it!

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 03:17:18 pm »
I just played on EU1 and, as after every patch, people rage for their lifes. Its funny to read "OMG MW LONGBOW MW BODKINS DOES SO MUCH DAMAGE NOW WTFBBQ GOOD JOKE DEVS" when it has exactly the same damage values as pre patch  :rolleyes:

The one thing I am REALLLY looking forward to with the range buff is that this mindless hold-W-spam-charge-gank finally gets to an end. Now that you dont need 10 gens of archery experience and a high level character with fully loomed equipment in order to be a considerable threat as an archer, melees have no choice left but to adapt and invent actual strategies, as in TEAMPLAY to win the round. No more 2h/pole hero gankblobs that could rapetrain their way through maps without giving a fuck about the average enemy rangedplayer. Who knows, maybe players will even consider COOPERATING now in form of cavcharges or shieldformations to counter the enemy ranged formations and protect their allies. Hmmm, makes me feel warm inside.

Whether its too much of a buff, hard to tell right now. It might be wise to wait until the initial rage wave is over before drawing conclsion.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 03:24:47 pm »
+12
I just played on EU1 and, as after every patch, people rage for their lifes. Its funny to read "OMG MW LONGBOW MW BODKINS DOES SO MUCH DAMAGE NOW WTFBBQ GOOD JOKE DEVS" when it has exactly the same damage values as pre patch  :rolleyes:

The one thing I am REALLLY looking forward to with the range buff is that this mindless hold-W-spam-charge-gank finally gets to an end. Now that you dont need 10 gens of archery experience and a high level character with fully loomed equipment in order to be a considerable threat as an archer, melees have no choice left but to adapt and invent actual strategies, as in TEAMPLAY to win the round. No more 2h/pole hero gankblobs that could rapetrain their way through maps without giving a fuck about the average enemy rangedplayer. Who knows, maybe players will even consider COOPERATING now in form of cavcharges or shieldformations to counter the enemy ranged formations and protect their allies. Hmmm, makes me feel warm inside.

Whether its too much of a buff, hard to tell right now. It might be wise to wait until the initial rage wave is over before drawing conclsion.

shut your whore mouth ranged my old friend

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 03:28:56 pm »
+4
Dont go on eu1 without a shield.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 03:30:27 pm »
Seriously, this 4 more damage on non-loomed Arbalest and 2 more damage to non-loomed Steel Bolts are ~6% more damage.
This can't be too gamebraking and taking it as a reason to whine about ranged is just silly.
The stuff will calm, less archery and crossbow stf's will be on the battlefield and the QQ will flow normally again.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:11:10 pm by sF_Guardian »
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 03:31:37 pm »
So this will be fun. I never played eu1 because of the ranged having alot of control there, now i cant even imagine it. How is the strategus fights btw? Because ranged has always dominated that, i would like to see that now :P.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2013, 03:31:45 pm »
+9
hurr hurr, joined EU1, walked 15 meters, got shot 2 times in a row, died with 6 if and 66 body armour!

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 03:34:52 pm »
+9
Good lord Panos, calm your tits already.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2013, 04:00:05 pm »
+1
Woah guys calm down, I was merely daydreaming. We all know that melees will not tolerate having to adapt in any way. Obviously the next step is to lobby the shit out of the forum until devs revert the ranged buff, right ?  :wink:

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2013, 04:03:08 pm »
+6
Woah guys calm down, I was merely daydreaming. We all know that melees will not tolerate having to adapt in any way. Obviously the next step is to lobby the shit out of the forum until devs revert the ranged buff, right ?  :wink:

We should retire our guys, sell looms and make a big QQ thread were we promise to leave the game and never come back? Where have I seen that before..
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2013, 04:05:17 pm »
+10
Literally the only masterwork xbow/bow items that got a damage buff are the low tier bows (which got an overhaul in general) and some of the cut damage arrows.  All the masterworks we're used to (MW crossbow, MW arbalest, MW heavy xbow, MW horn bow, MW rus bow, MW longbow, MW bodkin arrows, MW steel bolts) have no change to their base damage. 

I can't wait to see how many more people start whining about how ranged damage got buffed when it actually didn't.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2013, 04:11:27 pm »
Average damage will have gone up since not everyone had looms. There will be more ranged because the barrier for entry to decent damage is removed

Speed, ammo, accuracy and missile speed got increased (that in itself is a direct damage buff I believe). It was at least made easier to land hits, which can be seen as a damage increase

Cut arrows got damage buff

Depends how this armour tweak was implemented though, could be that people take less damage but not sure how it was implemented yet

Also check out some of the stats on lower PD bows. Decent damage and low PD requirement will mean more agi kiting archers
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 04:16:55 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 04:12:16 pm »
+5
Literally the only masterwork xbow/bow items that got a damage buff are the low tier bows (which got an overhaul in general) and some of the cut damage arrows.  All the masterworks we're used to (MW crossbow, MW arbalest, MW heavy xbow, MW horn bow, MW rus bow, MW longbow, MW bodkin arrows, MW steel bolts) have no change to their base damage. 

I can't wait to see how many more people start whining about how ranged damage got buffed when it actually didn't.
Preposterous! Get this logic out of here!
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 04:16:28 pm »
+1