Author Topic: A first person only server with View Outfit disabled!  (Read 701 times)

Offline Jeric

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • k
    • View Profile
  • Faction: k
  • Game nicks: hey
A first person only server with View Outfit disabled!
« on: June 26, 2013, 04:14:03 am »
+4
First person is a metric assload of fun. Problem is, you're at a severe disadvantage while using it because everyone else is using third person. Lets have a server where you can't access third person, and also the View Outfit feature is removed (default key ~, allows you to look all around you without turning your body). Think of the fun to be had!

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: A first person only server with View Outfit disabled!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 01:54:57 pm »
Have you tried playing first person on horseback? I'd rather gouge out my eyes with a rusty spoon. It's not that much better on foot either. Face it, the game was designed to be played from third. If first person wasn't so obviously a mechanic added only for the occasional ranged shot and was designed to be comfortable for melee and cav, I could see your point.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jeric

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • k
    • View Profile
  • Faction: k
  • Game nicks: hey
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 02:47:45 am »
Have you tried playing first person on horseback? I'd rather gouge out my eyes with a rusty spoon. It's not that much better on foot either. Face it, the game was designed to be played from third. If first person wasn't so obviously a mechanic added only for the occasional ranged shot and was designed to be comfortable for melee and cav, I could see your point.

Well yes of course the game was designed for third person, but this is a REALISM discussion forum. Realistically you can't see your back and have an extra dozen degrees of vision  :P

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 02:51:09 am »
+1
Only if the server also disabled friendly banners. I've played like this a few times, its a straight up Hardcore Mode, and leads to hilarity
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 06:59:29 pm »
+1
I like playing cav and ranged from first person, but melee oh boy that feels like im in a tornado! Also no banners would be hilarious fun!