Author Topic: [GUIDE] The Outfitter  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
[GUIDE] The Outfitter
« on: May 28, 2013, 11:58:26 pm »
+7
This is a fairly simple guide on how to try on armor sets without paying anything!

Getting Started

- First you will need to download this file...
These files are the items_kinds1.txt and module.txt ( maybe even called the module_ini.txt ) Hold onto these two files for later use.

- Next you will need to make a copy of the Native module folder. If you are using Steam this is usually found in Program files /steam/steamapps/ common/MountBlade Warband/Modules.

- Rename your copy of the Native module to something like "Test Module".

"Installation"

Now that you have the files downloaded and your Test Module made we can proceed.

- You will need to copy all the files from the resource folder in the cRPG module into your Test Module's resource folder.
(click to show/hide)

- You will now proceed to do the same with the textures. Find the cRPG textures folder and copy it into your Test Module texture folder.
(click to show/hide)

- Now that you have copied all the necessary files over you will want to delete the following files from your Test Module : item_kinds1.txt and module.txt.   
(click to show/hide)

- Now you will want to take the files you downloaded and put them into your Test Module, the item_kinds1.txt and module.txt. You may have noticed that there is a file saying "Outfitter ( no heirloom )". That file is for people who are not using final_boss for cRPG. I haven't tested if it works but if it doesn't you will still be able to try on your armors, but a few weapons may be invisible/messed up.

Outfitting Yourself

Once you have done all of the above instructions you will be able to try on every armor combination you have ever dreamed of wearing!

What's that you say, you don't know what to do now? Well I will give you some more detailed instructions on how to try on your brand spanking new armor set!

- First launch the cRPG launcher and click "Play cRPG". Once you are at the splash screen make sure to enable cheats and then change your module to Test Module and launch it.

- Once you are at the main menu click "Start new game". Then go through the character creation process. You may be thinking to yourself "how am I supposed to try on armor if I have only 6 strength?!" well i'll tell you.

- Once you are in the city press C. Now since you are on your character screen click "Statistics". Now click "Export character".   
(click to show/hide)

- You will want to minimize your game and go to you documents. Once you are in your documents click on the folder "Mount&Blade Warband", then you should see a text document titled, your name here.txt. You can proceed to double click this document and edit the stats of your character, I would give him/her ALOT of strength and power strike in order to beat the bandit in the town to a pulp.

- Now you will want to bring your game back up and go back to the character panel, then statistics, then choose "import character".

- Final steps, here we go! Once you have done all of the above you, with cheats enabled, you will want to go to the world map and press ctrl and ~ at the same time. A black box should pop up, type in "cheatmenu", then press enter.
(click to show/hide)

- Now go to the camp panel and choose "CHEAT MENU!", then go to "Find an item...". It should be pretty straightforward from there.
(click to show/hide)

Enjoy!

Added in pictures and Need Help spoilers.

Please tell me if something goes wrong, if I need to elaborate more, or if you need help.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 06:42:44 pm by Jarold »

Offline Anita_Henjaab

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [GUIDE] The Outfitter
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 02:58:59 am »
Hi, I would like to be able to this with weapons too...
DO you have a item.kinds1 where the weapon meshes work?

Offline Scervo

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [GUIDE] The Outfitter
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 11:55:53 pm »
Wow thats awesome, thank you for posting this, ill have to try it! ive always wanted a way to try stuff on without buying it. This would have saved me like 50k :P