Author Topic: FUCK YOU STAINLESS STEEL!  (Read 9858 times)

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
Re: FUCK YOU STAINLESS STEEL!
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 07:22:47 am »
Looks like you failed the early diplomacy game. Hungary is usually a very good ally, the Kievan Rus aren't as good but work in a pinch.

Now then, you are the Byzzies. Your game is easy mode just from that. For future stuff, ally or no ally, you want a sizeable garrison on your every border. (If the zones boundry touches another zone that is not yours, put 4-5 units minimal. I use peasants for this almost exclusively. I love peasants.)

Other than your boned position, the only thing I would have done differently is ignore Athens. Go straight for the Sicilians in Corinth and kick their shins. Corinth is one of the better castles at the start of the game. You want it. It'll fuel your offensives for just about everything just out of sheer awesomeness. You can just ignore Athens, with all those rebels (and the rebel army north of it) it won't fall any time soon.

Seriously, take Corinth and fortify yourself in Europe first, get peace deals and the like. After that you finish that, murder the ottomans and peace out with the Crusaders. Don't go further to the East because the mongols are mean, let them get to you first. After the Mongols are finished, take over all the middle east. By then, Europe will probably start getting better troops but you will have so much money and production...

Edit: On BGR, I wanted to try it. I just don't understand half of the things it adds despite reading the manual. The supply and victory systems? Gotcha. The war council, and zeal, and who can recruit and who cant, etc. Nope.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:30:41 am by Zanze »

Offline Xelaris

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 08:42:40 am »
if you think thats hard try kingdom of jerusalem vh/vh with big grym

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 06:46:16 pm »
I downloaded the third age mod, will going to SS download if I find a valid link.

Can you tell me how these mods work? This is the first time I tried downloading a mod.

I don't even bother commenting on panos. He just fails. lul :P
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 08:27:25 pm »
It can be kind of complicated for MTW2 especially steam versions.

Instead of asking here I would check the detailed installation instructions (and installation FAQs) this bigtime mods have at twcenter.net and try and follow them precisely. If you have any problems you would be better off registering at twcenter.net and asking on the mods' forum.

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 08:45:53 pm »
If you wan´t to get the most out of SS I recommend to also install the sub mod Battle for the Baltic, it adds Sweden as a playable faction, update some unit rosters and add a whole new campaign. I really enjoy it :D
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?323155-RELEASE-Battle-for-the-Baltic-2-0-for-SS6-4-%28Hotfix-updated-22nd-December%29
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 09:22:09 pm »
Thanks a lot, I will follow your advice.

By the way, do you have any problems with opening the website, megaupload? I, somehow; can not open it.
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 10:04:55 pm »
heh mega upload was shut down by the cops a year ago.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 09:46:20 am »
After looking carefully, I have found the links in the 83th page. For those who want to download: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?417435-Stainless-Steel-6-4-Released!/page83