Author Topic: Les chevaliers occitans  (Read 5394 times)

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Les chevalier occitans
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 08:32:53 am »
So, let me understand this, Occitan says the time is inconvenient for them so they change their night so they can get some sleep/work and you give them shit, but your argument is that its inconvenient for you cause now you can't get sleep/work? LOL

What I am saying is you can basically rule out 16 hours of the day for everyone, and then rule out another 3 hours due to time zones.  If you are West Coast and want to fight Occitan, you HAVE two start your fight within a two hour window, assuming you work 9-5 and can teleport home right after work.  That is, of course, if said West Coasters want to fight in their own battles and not risk fighting at 3am.

But thanks for jumping to conclusions.  Your reading skills are great.

Right now an EU clan is better suited to go to war with Occitan, so maybe they should have stayed n the EU side of the map and just let you quit the game.  This is a WAR game, which means we should facilitate war.  This is the NA server, so we should facilitate war for NA players.

that leave window between 5 eastern(4central) to 10 eastern(9central) so ya still a 5 hours window! everyone has different kind of life anyways if you dont like it just find a other opponent!

ps: like i said we will be pushing it to 11 since some generous clanmate decide to help out the community and show up late for them!

You're forgetting two time zones and forgetting that teleportation hasn't been perfected yet... It's still very dangerous.

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 08:37:04 am »
+2
What I am saying is you can basically rule out 16 hours of the day for everyone, and then rule out another 3 hours due to time zones.  If you are West Coast and want to fight Occitan, you HAVE two start your fight within a two hour window, assuming you work 9-5 and can teleport home right after work.  That is, of course, if said West Coasters want to fight in their own battles and not risk fighting at 3am.

But thanks for jumping to conclusions.  Your reading skills are great.

Right now an EU clan is better suited to go to war with Occitan, so maybe they should have stayed n the EU side of the map and just let you quit the game.  This is a WAR game, which means we should facilitate war.  This is the NA server, so we should facilitate war for NA players.

Or maybe VE should have picked a different clan to go to war with. This isn't the first time Occitan has complained about late battles, and seeing as how their reasons for changing their night time are the same reasons you dont want them to change their night time...you can't call that exploiting or unfair. Complain to chadz about the night time feature and stop nagging Occitan for wanting to sleep.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 08:44:35 am »
+11
Frankly I find it extremely telling how the people that are getting there panties in a twist are from FCC, which is waging war in an entirely different section of the map. It doesn't directly affect their strat plans at all, but if there is something to whine and bitch about you can be damn sure FCC has it covered.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 09:01:43 am »
Or maybe VE should have picked a different clan to go to war with. This isn't the first time Occitan has complained about late battles, and seeing as how their reasons for changing their night time are the same reasons you dont want them to change their night time...you can't call that exploiting or unfair. Complain to chadz about the night time feature and stop nagging Occitan for wanting to sleep.

I think you are just sore that they ran over you guys in two days.  I will state it again, this is the NA side of the map.  Let NA players fight NA wars.  They can always go back to the EU side if they want do.

Frankly I find it extremely telling how the people that are getting there panties in a twist are from FCC, which is waging war in an entirely different section of the map. It doesn't directly affect their strat plans at all, but if there is something to whine and bitch about you can be damn sure FCC has it covered.

We are still at war with Occitan and they are buying up Hospitaller fiefs or taken undefended formerly Hospitaller ones because they are completely unable to take castles and cities through actual combat.

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 09:08:41 am »
+3
I think you are just sore that they ran over you guys in two days.  I will state it again, this is the NA side of the map.  Let NA players fight NA wars.  They can always go back to the EU side if they want do.

We rolled VE 3 times today but yeah I'm super sore. And I'll state again, your argument is weak; come up with something better than "We're more important than you".

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 09:16:12 am »
+1
We rolled VE 3 times today but yeah I'm super sore. And I'll state again, your argument is weak; come up with something better than "We're more important than you".

Actually, what I'm saying is everyone is equal and Occitan is taking up a predictably snotty attitude.  If someone wants to attack me at a time that's inconvenient, it sucks that I can't be there and I'll wish my mercs the best.  However, I want to keep it at a more reasonable time for the mercs.  I'm not going to punish everyone else, because I can't be there and do it at a terrible time where there will be hardly any NA players.  I'm also don't want to give those filthy EU players EXP they don't deserve.  I want NA players to fight in my NA battles, and all NA battles.  What does pushing a battle to 6AM achieve?  You want EU players to decide your fate?

Basically what I'm saying is:  In these days when US soil is under attack, we need to stand together and fight our own NA battles.

AMERICA

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 09:26:52 am »
+1

We are still at war with Occitan and they are buying up Hospitaller fiefs or taken undefended formerly Hospitaller ones because they are completely unable to take castles and cities through actual combat.

Explain to me how this directly effects your current strat plans? Unless you intend to lose some village sieges to Occitan in the steppes.

Furthermore, Occitan has not tried to take castles or towns through "actual combat" because siege equipment is horribly fucked up and they refuse to item bomb. I know you find it impossible that there might actually be honest and good natured people on the internet, but there are, and you're about to get your ass whopped by them.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:43:02 am by Sparvico »
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 09:29:11 am »
Actually, what I'm saying is everyone is equal and Occitan is taking up a predictably snotty attitude.  If someone wants to attack me at a time that's inconvenient, it sucks that I can't be there and I'll wish my mercs the best.  However, I want to keep it at a more reasonable time for the mercs.  I'm not going to punish everyone else, because I can't be there and do it at a terrible time where there will be hardly any NA players.  I'm also don't want to give those filthy EU players EXP they don't deserve.  I want NA players to fight in my NA battles, and all NA battles.  What does pushing a battle to 6AM achieve?  You want EU players to decide your fate?

We are playing a computer game. If you feel punished because you have to miss a battle; you might wanna take a break. And I'd rather have an EU player(Where you been Segd?) any day over half the roster your team manages to scrape together. And at this point you're not even coming up with an argument you're just whining.

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 09:29:44 am »

Explain to me how this directly effects your current strat plans? Unless you intend to lose some village sieges to Occitan in the steppes.

Furthermore, Occitan has not tried to take castles or towns though "actual combat" because siege equipment is horribly fucked up and they refuse to item bomb. I know you find it impossible that there might actually be honest and good natured people on the internet, but there are, and you're about to get your ass whopped by them.

We were going to attack those fiefs, and we still will.  But now we have to do it on tighter time constraints.  How is this not obvious?

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 09:39:24 am »
+1
We were going to attack those fiefs, and we still will.  But now we have to do it on tighter time constraints.  How is this not obvious?

I'm not going to punish everyone else, because I can't be there and do it at a terrible time where there will be hardly any NA players.  I'm also don't want to give those filthy EU players EXP they don't deserve.  I want NA players to fight in my NA battles, and all NA battles.  What does pushing a battle to 6AM achieve?  You want EU players to decide your fate?

First of all:
Bullshit. 5pm EST (average end of the work day) till 11pm EST  is a more then adequate window. If you cannot fit your battles into it that's on you, not them.

Secondly:
If you really care so much about mercs being available then don't attack them during their night-time. As I said before they have left a completely adequate window for you, who are not actually attacking them atm (did i mention that?), to attack them in.

Offline BadooN

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 4 wheel drive
  • Game nicks: Badoon, Barnabus Ballson
  • IRC nick: BadooN
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 10:01:14 am »
+5
First of all:
Bullshit. 5pm EST (average end of the work day) till 11pm EST  is a more then adequate window. If you cannot fit your battles into it that's on you, not them.
You're forgetting that the game does not revolve around EST time zone players, there is a fairly good amount of us who are actually PST time zone nerds. (hence my shitty ping)
Or maybe VE should have picked a different clan to go to war with.
This is where the sore loser mentality you guys are giving off comes from.  You guys get attacked by VE and complain about them being a much bigger faction, night time settings, etc.  And your response is to change your night time settings to something that you know most players won't like and say "Lawl then don't attack us then lawl."  Lame move guys, not only from a merc of yours but from someone who will find it difficult to adjust to your new settings.

Offline Sir_Mahtin

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • A man is and will always be just a man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Le Chevalier Occitan
  • Game nicks: Chevalier_Martin
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 10:06:48 am »
You guys complain to much about time... you are still awake at this time. Man the fuck up and find something else to complain about.

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 10:12:26 am »
+4
Seeing how many people we get for late battles i would probably push it to 11pm maximum, over that its just ridiculous for me and most of the people in the clan that actually lead the battles and handles the recruiting of the mercs + roll call.  I'm writing this and its 1:33am my time and it gives me 5:30 of sleep before i have to get to work.

The goal is not to be dicks, it is so we can participate in our battles and actually do whats necessary to have the best roster we can and the best of our leadership in place to win the battles. Otherwise, we might as well give you all our shit and say GG because if the concerned people for whom we are making this change are not there to lead then nobody else will. Sucks that our prime time is different really but nothing can be done about it.

Shinock, you're doing a great job here. I'm so proud of you.

And as for the people arguing over someone using a setting that is based into the game (and has been since I started) to curb when they will have to have battles so that they aren't fucking up their real lives (not internet pony time), that just seems silly.

If someone wants to attack me at a time that's inconvenient, it sucks that I can't be there and I'll wish my mercs the best.  However, I want to keep it at a more reasonable time for the mercs.  I'm not going to punish everyone else, because I can't be there and do it at a terrible time where there will be hardly any NA players.  I'm also don't want to give those filthy EU players EXP they don't deserve.  I want NA players to fight in my NA battles, and all NA battles.  What does pushing a battle to 6AM achieve?  You want EU players to decide your fate?

There are plenty of NA mercs on during the day time when there is an open window to attack Occitan/Chevalier, plus I'm sure people would wake up at 6AM to go to a battle (I know I have).

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline BadooN

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 4 wheel drive
  • Game nicks: Badoon, Barnabus Ballson
  • IRC nick: BadooN
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 10:14:47 am »
+3
You guys complain to much about time... you are still awake at this time. Man the fuck up and find something else to complain about.
Well I was actually going to go to bed now, you could come tuck me in if you'd like!

Offline Sir_Mahtin

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • A man is and will always be just a man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Le Chevalier Occitan
  • Game nicks: Chevalier_Martin
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 10:24:57 am »
+2
I could read you a bedtime story over skype too... :)