Author Topic: Nerf HX  (Read 6939 times)

Offline Alexander_TheGreat_

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
  • Please, its just a Phase in my life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar(F)union
Nerf HX
« on: April 12, 2013, 04:53:16 pm »
+3
You can buff anything you want, i wont complain.

But fucking remove horse-xbower, make them do 0 damage, give them 0 bonus speed, give them 0 load speed, give their horses 0 speed...retarde mothrfucking damage on horse light crossbows, makes more damage than arbalast.

Jesus motherfucking christ, im out!
I never join a clan twice, I am the most loyal player ever
I am asian I am strong
I am a Kalmar for these 2 weeks
I am cute, I am sexy
I am Phase!

Offline Krax

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Hate_More, Byzantium_Love_More
Re: Nerf HX
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 05:38:34 pm »
I fully support this, I want to try out horse archer anyway.

Love Hate

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 05:59:51 pm »
+5
Not many play HA as its far more weak than most other classes (or at least you need more stuff to be a good HA, fully loomed equip + high level). Far different to HX.

Btw just happened now. 5 HX (1 died cause he probably failed at riding :P).

(click to show/hide)

HX won ofc. :D
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 06:03:29 pm »
+3
i blame barabe who for some reason got shitload of HX recently
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 06:18:25 pm »
+11
Just remove the whole class by not allowing xbows to reload on horse.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 06:28:33 pm »
+1
Infantry / ranged just doesn't have enough opportunity to shoot the horses down.

Tbh given all the nerfs ranged took, horse HP needs to go down. Maybe disable light crossbow from being usable on horseback, so HX have to resort to hunting crossbow, and raise str req of it to 12. The result is that the class exists but is no better then HA.

However, the problem with horse ranged is this:
- with the nerfs to foot ranged there is too few of them and too weak to shoot down horses reliably
- with the nerfs to hybridization there are too few people with throwing weapons, so horse ranged can ride very close to infantry
- because of slots, shields aren't that common amongst two-handers

I mean, next people will make STF HAs to troll people. As long as you can't shoot the horses down, they will troll infantry and slowly shoot them to bits.

In short, my suggestion is this:
- make light crossbow non-reloadable on horseback (but leave the hunting one as reloadable), this nerfs the accuracy and damage by a lot
- increase the str requirement of the hunting crossbow to 12 (so no more 30 agi builds)
- reduce horse HP across the board or alternatively give (foot) ranged weapons a bonus to horse damage.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 06:40:45 pm »
+4
Even the shitty players can do better with an arbalest on foot more than they can with an HX. It does make sense that I already see nothing but a bunch of shitties in this thread crying about HX and have not

see any of you do anything skillful at anything in this game. The counter to HX is ground ranged, get good at it or stop bitching. You should be ashamed and permanently muted for speaking in behalf of other

shitty players and trying to fuck this mod more than it already has been.
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 06:53:43 pm »
Even the shitty players can do better with an arbalest on foot more than they can with an HX. It does make sense that I already see nothing but a bunch of shitties in this thread crying about HX and have not

see any of you do anything skillful at anything in this game. The counter to HX is ground ranged, get good at it or stop bitching. You should be ashamed and permanently muted for speaking in behalf of other

shitty players and trying to fuck this mod more than it already has been.

I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 06:58:54 pm »
+1
Pompous NA shitties.

Anyway, I used to play HX ever since the wipe, with occasional generations as lancer or 1h + shield on horseback. Did it during the times HAs were plated monstrosities riding plated ponies and doing circa 90p damage with old and fast animations, too. I did play now for a while (level 22-29) as HX, got an easy 2:1 using a rouncey and a hybrid build.

Fact of the matter is this: it was never easier in CRPG history to play as a HX. This is due to the fact foot ranged has never been scarcer (there's no more of the old "every third infantryman has throwing something"), and is nowdays far less effective vs horses, with arrows being much slower, lower damage, etcetera.

Nerf a class's counters (which means, other ranged) and the class becomes more powerful. Not exactly rocket science. It'd be a shame to see the class go away entirely as many would like, but some sort of rebalance of mounted ranged in general is needed.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 07:02:53 pm »
+1
Not many play HA as its far more weak than most other classes (or at least you need more stuff to be a good HA, fully loomed equip + high level). Far different to HX.

Btw just happened now. 5 HX (1 died cause he probably failed at riding :P).

(click to show/hide)

HX won ofc. :D

Oh, that round... That round was... goes to a steep corner and curls on the ground, trying to get his shield to cover from every possible angle.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 07:07:28 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I've never seen you do anything skillful either.  :idea:

HX will be nerfed I'm sure. EU1 just have to get a bit worse first.. Removing the retarded class wouldn't hurt a bit, but give HA a slight slight buff to make up for it.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 07:11:48 pm »
+4
You can buff anything you want, i wont complain.

But fucking remove horse-xbower, make them do 0 damage, give them 0 bonus speed, give them 0 load speed, give their horses 0 speed...retarde mothrfucking damage on horse light crossbows, makes more damage than arbalast.

Jesus motherfucking christ, im out!

Have you tried not being retarded, maybe that is your problem right there.

Do you cry in the single player when all those mean khergits have the audacity to attack you in an open field battle, maybe you should cry to Taleworlds about that, see if they have some sympathy.

Do you think the peasants in the middle ages cried when the big bad meanies used superior tactics or equipment to slaughter them?  I bet they were crying for nerfs too.

One more and then I'm done:  Maybe you should change your name to Alexander_The_Whiney_Bitch

I lied, this is too much fun, last one though I promise:  Maybe you should man up and do what Jim Carrey does and

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:15:15 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 07:26:13 pm »
another factor is ranged balance often putting majority of Hx and foot ranged in one team.  ofc other teams inf feels disgruntled and mistreated. if you have a hoplite and a GOOD archer you can probably fend of HXs quite nice.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 07:27:39 pm »
+5
That's a problem with the balance system, not with horse xbows.  Which has been brought up many, many, many times.

Any time you have a group of 5 or 10 people with the same banner and the same class (such as 30 agility spear chuckers flying around the battlefield, or horse archers, or horse xbows, or even regular archers) they have the ability to greatly determine the outcome of the battle.  It doesn't mean those classes are "OP" or they need to be nerfed, it means that the balance system sucks.  Hell a group of 3 or 4 good infantry players supporting each other and going around picking off stragglers can greatly influence the tide of a battle, should we nerf teamwork too?

It also means you need to adapt to the battlefield and stop running head first into the wall, maybe try going around it...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:30:51 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 07:29:05 pm »
I've never seen you do anything skillful either.  :idea:

HX will be nerfed I'm sure. EU1 just have to get a bit worse first.. Removing the retarded class wouldn't hurt a bit, but give HA a slight slight buff to make up for it.

Yeap! We have another WINNER that really seems he knows what he is talking about

oh wait.. almost forgot.. 636/110, 5.8:1

That is mine what is yours LOL
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.