Author Topic: The overnerfed Great Sword/German Greatsword  (Read 3024 times)

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
Re: The overnerfed Great Sword/German Greatsword
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 10:00:51 pm »
Hopefully noone will notice that the Claymore is now rather good compared to the other high end ones.

I have one from pre-patch because we'll I'm Scottish so kinda had to get one. Yes I'm happy it didn't get made weaker but now if it does really turn out to be the best or one of the best and becomes used by many then I'm already worrying about it getting torn down next patch.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 10:12:16 pm »
You just wait till people find out that the 2-thrust gets block stun when they thrust. As in when I thrust someone I get stunned and my opponent is free to slash me without me being able to block.
Oh my fucking god, this. You have got to be kidding me? Someone can block my thrust then if they counter attack with good enough timing, they'll hit me before I can pull up my block? I'm not a fucking scrub, I know when someone chambers me. Thrusts aren't usable in duels with top tier duelists, and in the battle server people just get lucky on timing sometimes which is more than enough for them to hit you while you're stuck trying to recover from a blocked thrust. I don't give a shit about the damage, I can deal with that, I can live with having to hit someone once more to kill them. But just cause someone managed to block one of my attacks once, doesn't mean they should be able to get a free attack in.

I really like a lot of the changes you guys did, but there are some blatantly flawed things right now, this is probably the largest of them. I may not agree with thrusts being OP, but I could live with a nerf, just as long as it doesn't give my opponent an advantage when I use the thing.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 10:26:15 pm »
Thrusts aren't usable in duels with top tier duelists

DERP

..herp
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 10:59:13 pm »
Hopefully noone will notice that the Claymore is now rather good compared to the other high end ones.

I have one from pre-patch because we'll I'm Scottish so kinda had to get one. Yes I'm happy it didn't get made weaker but now if it does really turn out to be the best or one of the best and becomes used by many then I'm already worrying about it getting torn down next patch.

Claymore is currently the best 2H, I think it needs it's speed reduced to 91 to be comparable with the Nodachi, that would at least give some variation and the Nodachi won't be completely useless. With it's current stats it will just become as popular as the German was, once people figure it out.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 11:00:27 pm by Punisher »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 12:34:07 am »
Oh my fucking god, this. You have got to be kidding me? Someone can block my thrust then if they counter attack with good enough timing, they'll hit me before I can pull up my block? I'm not a fucking scrub, I know when someone chambers me. Thrusts aren't usable in duels with top tier duelists, and in the battle server people just get lucky on timing sometimes which is more than enough for them to hit you while you're stuck trying to recover from a blocked thrust. I don't give a shit about the damage, I can deal with that, I can live with having to hit someone once more to kill them. But just cause someone managed to block one of my attacks once, doesn't mean they should be able to get a free attack in.

I really like a lot of the changes you guys did, but there are some blatantly flawed things right now, this is probably the largest of them. I may not agree with thrusts being OP, but I could live with a nerf, just as long as it doesn't give my opponent an advantage when I use the thing.

I haven't noticed the thrust-getting-blocked=stun with anything except pikes/spear-shield-thrusts.  My 2h thrusts certainly don't have the stun effect when they're blocked.....
so....

wut are you two talking about?
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 12:52:57 am »
I haven't noticed the thrust-getting-blocked=stun with anything except pikes/spear-shield-thrusts.  My 2h thrusts certainly don't have the stun effect when they're blocked.....
so....

wut are you two talking about?
I explained it fairly well. You might need to actually test it in the duel server first so that once you really notice it, you know what you're looking for. Its happened to me several times since patch, I know without a shadow of a doubt in my mind, that it exists. Just have someone with good timing block your thrust, then overhead you.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 09:55:12 am »
it was totally OP im glad it was nerfed.
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!