Author Topic: Your reason for playing a certain class  (Read 5000 times)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: Your reason for playing a certain class
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 02:56:00 pm »
+6

IMO, you should be picking your class based on what you do best with, and by "best with" I mean the class you do the most damage to the enemy team or are able to help your team the most with.   I always think it's funny when I hear people say "cav is easy mode", do they think that everyone should be playing the worst class they can come up with?  It's a war game, you're trying to kill as many people as possible.

I disagree. its a war game, and as such I play builds that I enjoy. This means that I tend to play agi/balanced builds, even though I know I could get a lot more kills if I played strength build heavy armor 2h/pole builds.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 02:59:54 pm »
I get enjoyment by being the best I can on the battlefield and influencing my team to win.  I'm as competitive as they come, and it's all about winning to me (that's what is enjoyable for me).  If I was a melee infantry player, I would certainly be at least 24/15, maybe 27/12 at level 30.

But everyone gets enjoyment in different ways, it's just my opinion.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 03:07:16 pm »
+1
I get enjoyment by being the best I can on the battlefield and influencing my team to win.  I'm as competitive as they come, and it's all about winning to me (that's what is enjoyable for me).  If I was a melee infantry player, I would certainly be at least 24/15, maybe 27/12 at level 30.

But everyone gets enjoyment in different ways, it's just my opinion.

I wouldn't fault anyone for doing so, I have played my fair share of strength builds. Hell, I used to play 24/12 with gothic plate, on a courser with a bec and a heavy lance.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 03:18:07 pm »
+2
Team game. I wanted to be the generic viking, axe and shield. The works. However, so did everyone else... Relit was away with his suicide nets, the other 2 spears in NH drifted away. Someone had to do it. Then I started to do well with a longspear, at least I would think. Every single round I was (I felt) focused by ranged, and had enemy infantry doing their best to run past my team and kill me first. (Cough San Cough) I tried Hoplite at a time that it wasn't very popular just because I couldn't block very well, nor could I stop arrows with my mind. It kinda worked out. Then stuff got changed and hoplite became popular.

After trying out many of the classes, I just ended with spear and 1h shield being the "funnest." Taking up the spear for the greater good of the team, and it works. Winning is almost never boring. Also, the tears of those who complain about my point blank stabs and BS kills etc are very nutritious.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 03:18:17 pm »
I have played almost anything you can remotely think of. 2+ years playing does limit choices now since I've done everything. I now played themed characters, like right now, Rouncy, Full samurai gear, Yumi, Katana, Wakizashi, and all that goes along with a proper weeaboo getup.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 03:22:46 pm »
+2
300 length pike because that's by far the most challenging playstyle I've tried. Hop on a horse and/or grab a shield when I'm lazy. :P
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2013, 03:44:12 pm »
+1
I have a character in pretty much every class, at some point along the leveling spectrum.  I find that I most enjoy agility 2h and agility cav.  For strategus, I find that I get the best results as an archer, so my main is currently spec'd for that (and almost never used outside of Strat currently).  Previous to the latest patch series, I most enjoyed 2h/crossbow builds, 15-24, because it allowed me to both fight melee and still play sniper on city maps / strategus.

While I understand the current meta is towards strength builds and armor, I have found that I personally do pretty terribly with strength builds.  My fighting style is entirely based on footwork, dodging and sneak attacks, and I never managed to learn things like "feints" or "blocking" in my years here.

I will forever miss my 21/24 7 PS 7 PT 8 Riding 4 HA 8 WM 8 Ath build.  2h/Throwing/Cav with 15 heavy throwing axes and a longsword on a champ destrier, those were the days.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2013, 03:49:15 pm »
2h, because 3mil to level 34 and don't want to retire now

Offline Zox_Fury

• Baron
  • Renown: 142
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • La illaha il'Allah
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zox_Fury
  • IRC nick: Zox_Fury
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 03:52:32 pm »
+1
Two hander since ever . My first online game was the fourth prophecy (T4C) in 1997 and i ever played my warriors 2 handers. Less safe ofc but high damage and high risk. Since Diablo 2 in hardcore i have a little proverb "No risk no fun". Many peoples say "Ok 2 hand trololo EZ mod mad in China " (Phase style © ) and they re probably right but damage dealer(lot of Strengh in build) is a nice feeling of power.

In my opinion Shielders are too safe and too low damage(but it s false i know shielder need a lot of skills except for blocking :-D) , pikeman need a lot of reliabilty and really good skills to be efficient(ofc i don't have enough skills) and i dislike range class
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:55:44 pm by Zox_Fury »
Subhan'LLAH wa bihamdih

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2013, 04:21:14 pm »
+3
Archer & two handed hybrid.

Basic reasons really.

1) Always had a bow, it's just... become a thing.
2) I'm stuck in the my glory days, I miss my Sword of Cookies and sniper-accurate longbow. (My glory days, the game is better now, it's just when I was OP)
3) I like the buzz I get from fighting two or more players at once (or someone I know challenges me in melee), whether or not I win, as long as I didn't get instantly killed or make a stupid mistake it makes me feel as if I was underestimated because I carry a bow.
4) Versatility of being able to whip out the bow and shoot cavalry/crossbowmen/melee players I don't care to fight (i.e. too many to handle/won't challenge me/I know I can't beat/more important things to do) when needed.
5) Fast weapon to spam with the best of them.
6) I look sharp in my gear.
7) I'll be damned if I retire/respec. I'm done grinding this game!

Generally I just don't have a want to change.
I guess overall though, if I thought about it deeply, it's my inner-want to still be recognised. I have my clones pop up every now and then and that is the greatest form of flattery for me, if I change, then I lose that part of being "unique" and my arrogant/narcissistic side of me wants to be fed, so I don't change.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2013, 04:31:48 pm »
+2
I'm a 1h/polearm/hybrid shielder

I started out with a two-hander, then horseman, then my current build, only to go archer, cav, polarm, cav and then my current build.

Now I've being playing most of my time with this build, over a year. Why? Because it's flexible.

Doesn't have to worry about the two most annoying class (Archers and cav), can assist in close melee and do the close melee itself.

Flexibility comes at a cost. It is not a very good duelling build, but heck, I'm a bad duellist so it works for me!

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2013, 04:35:24 pm »
Title of thread: Your reason for playing a CERTAIN CLASS:

My answer: unfortunatly I can only play one class at once. If they would let me be effective and put points into everything I would. Long live M&B!
I don't know enough

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2013, 04:38:23 pm »
I always loved 1h since I started playing.  I think I enjoy 1h without a shield the most even though sometimes that is a little silly to be.  Since I am going pure 1h due to the crossbow nerf I was forced to start using a shield to use the 1h I preferred.  So now I am currently a 1h/Shield.

I will admit though, 1h cav is a lot of fun due to the two different gameplay styles.

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2013, 04:39:23 pm »
+3
Pure thrower

1- Just few people play this class
2- Best support for my teammates, protect range people
3- Cav Hunter
4- Just love it ! (and how much people hate me  :P )

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2013, 04:40:18 pm »

6) I look sharp in my gear.

Lies all lies!
I don't know enough