Author Topic: "Your prof in throwing is too low"  (Read 6069 times)

Offline Topsnus

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
"Your prof in throwing is too low"
« on: April 30, 2011, 06:52:14 pm »
it gives me that message every time i spawn. But im only using war darts, and have fairly high wpf, so what is going on with that?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 05:48:39 am by Kalam »

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: "Your prof in throwing is too low"
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 07:03:04 pm »
I can't confirm it but I believe that you need a certain amount of WPF for each PT level you have.

Offline Topsnus

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 08:07:01 pm »
Really? That is insanely stupid. Is the point to make it so that there is only one possible throwing build? This mod has seriously deteriorated from the old days when you could legitimately create any build you could think of, to now, where there are like 4-5 builds, and you either make one of those, or you are at a disadvantage. This mod has lost pretty much everything that made it great.

I have never been a huge grinder, but back in the beginning, im talking before plate was even added, and the vaegir armor was the best stuff around, and the game gave grinders a pretty big advantage, i still had more fun with it. Because you could say i want a character with x, and y, as the two weapons. Then you could make that character, and it might even turn out to be great. Now the entire game is, do you want a 2H, Polearm, Thrower, Archer, or 2H/xbow. The grind is worse, because although it is much easier to get stuff, the stuff has little to no value, because it is so easy to get. The result is a game where the grind has been reduced, but is considerably worse than in the begining, when you strove to get something and it meant something when you got it.

Thanks for the info, sorry to hear that this mod is pretty much the opposite of what it used to be....

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 08:14:37 pm »
Really? That is insanely stupid. Is the point to make it so that there is only one possible throwing build? This mod has seriously deteriorated from the old days when you could legitimately create any build you could think of, to now, where there are like 4-5 builds, and you either make one of those, or you are at a disadvantage. This mod has lost pretty much everything that made it great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-_sABor77E&feature=player_detailpage#t=13s

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 11:40:16 pm »
I like this idea personally, if you want awesome powerful throwing weapons, you're going to have to dedicate a good amount of WPF to throwing.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 02:00:29 am »
I can't use my throwing nuclear bombs and spam like a pure 2h without any tradeoffs anymore WAAAAGH  :wink:

Offline Arked

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • You own every word you speak.
    • View Profile
    • ShogunateTV
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_Arked
  • IRC nick: Arked
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 02:13:02 am »
I can't confirm it but I believe that you need a certain amount of WPF for each PT level you have.

I saw devs saying something like 14wpf per skill point in pd/pt on irc today.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_GuiKa
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 04:39:06 am »
I saw devs saying something like 14wpf per skill point in pd/pt on irc today.
  Can someone confirm ?

I love the idea, it nerf nuker thrower who were really overpower and make a lot more sens than before.
More strenght you got, hardest it is to be accurate (wich make sens).

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 05:05:44 am »
Oh goodie ANOTHER nerf for throwers.
 :rolleyes:

To be honest it's not a problem for dedicated throwers as they have more than enough wpf, but it does mess with people who want to use throwing as a backup against horses rather than a spear.

To add something like this on top of reducing the stack sizes AND making javelins, jarids and throwing spears take up 2 stacks is just taking things waaay too far.

Already in my opinion wardarts make all the larger throwing weapons totally pointless, which would you rather have 6 javelins and nothing else for your 4 slots...or 21 war darts AND a 1slot melee weapon?...or 14 and a 2 slot, or a 1 slot shield and 1 slot melee weapon.

I guess everyone should just be the same and take a spear now...yawn.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 05:20:07 am by AlbaTiger »

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 11:07:55 am »
Oh goodie ANOTHER nerf for throwers.
 :rolleyes:

At last!

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 12:00:05 pm »
Dont whine, the devs clearly want you to go balanced instead of full str.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 12:15:05 pm »
devs are making good decisions, however the way how these changes become public is in one word: horrible.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 12:18:55 pm »
This will hopefully go rid of the full str stone throwers. They were funny, but really not balanced. Pinpoint accuracy, very good shot and reload speed, good damage (12 PT on a 11 blunt weapon is much, trust me), and nearly infinite ammo (although you could not get it back, you just had to pick something else to throw on the battlefield).

Offline victis honor

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Victis_honor, victis (alt), HoboWhitaShotgun (alt)
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 08:26:47 pm »
still sad that we only get 2 throwing axes now...
noooooooo not awesome anymore!!

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 09:45:30 pm »
I agree that this will end the really high PT characters...though does anyone actually know what not having enough wpf does yet? Does it only allow you to use PT up to the amount of wpf you have?

This change does is make it harder for people to play a character which has a little bit of throwing to back up a different skill, which is something I have more of a problem with.

As I said a little bit of throwing is a nice alternative to a spear when taking on horses, but now that's been weakened a bit.

To be fair this change won't affect many as generally speaking say 4 PT and 56 Throwing wpf isn't exactly much to put into a build that wants a little bit of throwing on the side.

Certainly this change isn't as major as the effect of the 2 slot throwing weapons. Why would anyone take 3 javelins or jarids when instead they could take 4 axes, 14 darts or 16 daggers/shuriken.

still sad that we only get 2 throwing axes now...

2 Throwing Axes for 1 slot isn't too bad, at least they didn't make them 2 slot. My shielder with a little side in throwing still gets good use out of his 4 Axes alongside his 1 slot shield and 1h weapon. Even just 2 if you wanted to take a second melee weapon or a 2 slot shield is usually enough to make lighter horses turn away from you just by looking like you are going to throw.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:50:22 pm by AlbaTiger »