Author Topic: strat gold to crpg  (Read 786 times)

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
strat gold to crpg
« on: February 26, 2013, 01:37:27 am »
probably a stupid question, i looked and all i found was crpg gold to strat via trades.

so, my question is: is it possible to take the money from my strat character and transfer some of it to my crpg guy?......is such a thing....frowned upon?

im probably done with strat, just gonna join battles and such, but if i can could travel, find easy prey, steal their stuff, sell it, and then transfer it..i think thats about the only way id keep playing strat

when i sell items it has a little box called "tc" when i check it off, i dont get the money i make from selling...but it doesnt seem to go to my crpg char either....tc=to character?
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: strat gold to crpg
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 01:40:33 am »
tc is for town center.

You can only "sell" strat gold for crpg gold. Better to sell troops than gold, though. You'll make better profit. Money is easy to comeby, but troops, those are always precious.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 02:23:34 am »
i see...how does it work? i go to crpg marketplace make a topic about troops or gold and somehow make a trade?

how much does $ and troops go for?

so..technically i could stay in some safe zone..constantly make troops..then sell them when i have a good amount...very interesting. haha, i dont really care to run around and try to build an empire..but building an army to sell sounds really cool.i shall look into this more thx for the help
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 04:13:36 am »
Well, are you EU or NA?

IF EU: You'd probably be better off moving NA, as NA has the money to spend(and willingness) to do it. EU's are, for the most part, block based and share resources so things aren't likely to buy troops(unless you can sell 1000 at a time, but considering your opinion, keep all the strat gold to pay for troops and sell in increments of 500).

I sell my troops for strat gold so I can't tell you a good rate but maybe 10g per troop? Really comes down to negotiating what price you wanna pay. If you wanna sell troops, make a DIplopost so that you can get some faction offers for it.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 04:49:11 am »
+2
I hate to be that guy, but strat gold is rather uncommonly sold for cRPG gold. As well, generally when strat gold is sold for cRPG gold, we're talking very large quantities. Probably at least 100k strat gold. There is very little opportunity for what you wish to do, unfortunately. Lucrative traders are factioned, and you'll be quickly obliterated if you raid them. Non-factioned traders are both rare and poor.

Basically, I really don't think that you're a big enough nerd for Strategus. I know people hear about it and think "Holy shit, finally a multiplayer warband campaign." assuming it's going to be a roughly 1:1 port of the singleplayer game, just with actual people. However, in practice it's mostly a way for clans to compete with (and get pissed at) eachother.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 07:31:26 am »
+1
Hey guys! thx for the replies i have my answer, found a buyer...for now im headed to EU where once a week i will sell what i have for a crpg gold
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 08:37:41 am »
Hey guys! thx for the replies i have my answer, found a buyer...for now im headed to EU where once a week i will sell what i have for a crpg gold

You actually did find a buyer? Nice.
I was just about to say that you'll never be able to compete with the effectiveness of organized strat factions that have their budget measured in millions of gold and in thousands of troops. 

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 01:08:27 am »
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 05:55:07 am »

"IF EU: You'd probably be better off moving NA, as NA has the money to spend(and willingness) to do it. EU's are, for the most part, block based and share resources so things aren't likely to buy troops"

haha..actually the only 2 clans that offered 50+ per is EU...squat in NA
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE