Author Topic: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)  (Read 271419 times)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)
« Reply #2760 on: March 08, 2014, 02:08:42 pm »
+2

The amount of satisfaction ...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: March 08, 2014, 09:03:29 pm »
+1
I've played ~200 games so I've basically only grasped the basic/intermediate concepts of the game and I like to think I can play a decent support.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/554162774

I'm RetrogradeRun. Single draft decided to give me a choice between Chen, Meepo and Io. I'm thinking in retrospect I should've picked Io because I have alright map awareness and learned from that game that I have zero micro skills.

I'm still angry about those draft choices it gave me.
And how!

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2762 on: March 08, 2014, 09:10:14 pm »
+7
I'm RetrogradeRun. Single draft decided to give me a choice between Chen, Meepo and Io.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: March 08, 2014, 09:27:23 pm »
+1
I've played ~200 games so I've basically only grasped the basic/intermediate concepts of the game and I like to think I can play a decent support.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/554162774

I'm RetrogradeRun. Single draft decided to give me a choice between Chen, Meepo and Io. I'm thinking in retrospect I should've picked Io because I have alright map awareness and learned from that game that I have zero micro skills.

I'm still angry about those draft choices it gave me.

Go with Chen next time. Not that hard to micro. Meepo is hardcore micro and Io just doesn't work in pubs. You need to be on voice chat for that.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #2764 on: March 08, 2014, 09:28:05 pm »
+1
Last 2 meepos on my team have been really good :D every one ive faced however has been pretty bad. The meepo net poof chain is pretty devastating the hard part for people seems to be the running away part. A lich ulti into a group of meepos causes hilarious panic <3
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: March 08, 2014, 09:34:34 pm »
+1
Go with Chen next time. Not that hard to micro. Meepo is hardcore micro and Io just doesn't work in pubs. You need to be on voice chat for that.

I did go with Chen. The first 10 minutes I was still getting a hang of the fact that Chen himself moves faster then the creeps and at one point was standing around as the enemy team whaled on me. I used the centaurs stomp to decent effect maybe twice and I don't think I used Chen's other abilities at all besides his ulti.

I probably would've had an easier time as Meepo (but we would have had no supports). The concept is split jungle and throw net and poof on the closest, over-extended, sucker.
And how!

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: March 09, 2014, 04:21:06 pm »
+1
http://dotabuff.com/matches/555408471

Fucking hate these kinds of games, Drow and Sniper just standing there like massive cannons and in an attempt to end the 3 stack on my team went in and died again and again, only solution was to wait for Magnus to finally use his ult and just TP to their Ancient and ninja kill it.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: March 10, 2014, 09:04:15 pm »
+1
Well, I'm on my 10 matches of "calibration" for ranked. I'm hoping I'll be around 3.5k, if that is in fact, average.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/557236398

That game was a complete mess, luckily for both sides; more or less; but ours a bit more in the end. Our Huskar that I laned in bottom with kept feeding the Gyro at the beginning, needlessly pushed the offlane and was too gung-ho, even for Huskar's standards. The Invoker Eulsed enemies I had shackled against trees in about three major, mid-late game, team fights and had done it to our Shadow Shaman a few times also. Him and Huskar both pushed too far into the enemy base when we had taken an early T-2 and gave up too many needless deaths by thinking they could solo man-fight the entire opposition.

Still wasn't as bad as the game before that when I played Visage though.
And how!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: March 10, 2014, 09:54:38 pm »
+1
Well, I'm on my 10 matches of "calibration" for ranked. I'm hoping I'll be around 3.5k, if that is in fact, average.

considering how long you've played don't expect that high :)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #2769 on: March 10, 2014, 10:45:24 pm »
+1
Meh I have 50.72% winrate and only just above 3k on group ranked. I have yet to calibrate solo ranked. It doesn't really mean much to me. My winrate on the other hand means everything. If that thing drops below 50% I'll be devastated  :P

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2770 on: March 10, 2014, 10:49:28 pm »
+2
About 3k is average iirc.

I'm on 3,2k because I tend to die a lot, even on hard carry it's pretty common that I die as much as I kill still. Also I don't play much ranked.
So yeah stuff tends to fall out of my control easily still. :/

I want to improve, wat do? I find not dying hard often, if I want to stay and get XP/gold for an example, or when everything is contested.

Edit: It feels as if, sometimes the game is handed to me on a silver plate even if I fuck up horribly like this last lifestealer game I had, died to Roshan & did so much stupid shit but still won. But on the other hand I often feel like a game is an automatic loss, like a waste of a good 30-40 minutes of my lifetime, impossible to turn around so I get bored even if we got a chance, it ain't gonna happen.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #2771 on: March 10, 2014, 11:00:16 pm »
+1
Do not play calibration if your on a losing streak  :lol: I won like 15 out of 20 games so did calibration and went on a typical losing streak. 1650 mmr like wtf. gone up 100 but 90% of people at this level are retarded and either feed bad or DC or throw games from a winning position by thinking they are rambo. Gonna be a long trek up for me ^^

Always seems to go 7 wins in a row 7 losses then small streaks of 3-4 wins/loses then big streaks :/
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #2772 on: March 11, 2014, 12:19:56 am »
+1
PLAYED PRO MLG #gottajoinaproteam

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: March 11, 2014, 12:32:41 am »
+2
PLAYED PRO MLG #gottajoinaproteam

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Gz, r u dondi yet?

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: March 11, 2014, 12:37:06 am »
+1
About 3k is average iirc.

I'm on 3,2k because I tend to die a lot, even on hard carry it's pretty common that I die as much as I kill still. Also I don't play much ranked.
So yeah stuff tends to fall out of my control easily still. :/

I want to improve, wat do? I find not dying hard often, if I want to stay and get XP/gold for an example, or when everything is contested.

Edit: It feels as if, sometimes the game is handed to me on a silver plate even if I fuck up horribly like this last lifestealer game I had, died to Roshan & did so much stupid shit but still won. But on the other hand I often feel like a game is an automatic loss, like a waste of a good 30-40 minutes of my lifetime, impossible to turn around so I get bored even if we got a chance, it ain't gonna happen.

Is it the mid-laning phase or in general after 15 min mark-ish? If you are not sure how many enemies are around and you don't have a teammate nearby its safest to keep away from the enemy, don't farm too long on a lane that is too far pushed / without any nearby vision etc. Make sure you know where most enemies are and if you can't see anyone just pop out on lane for a few sec to get some lasthits then go back to Ancients or jungle or whatever. And if you see 1 or 2 guys on your team going in alone and is outnumbered and its clear that they won't win the fight, better to stay back rather than going in yourself just to arrive when they are about to die, or dead.