Author Topic: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)  (Read 271221 times)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)
« Reply #4425 on: December 10, 2014, 06:45:21 pm »
"Just started playing dota"

And you expect him to be at your level? Get real. We all had to start somewhere. Some learn it quicker than others, some don't. Dota has GIANT learning curve, and it takes time and practice to be able to learn it, let alone master it. You can't give someone a hard time, especially your friend, if they just starting playing.

i never said he just started playing dota, that isnt even a quote from my statement, i said he played dota with me, he actually started playing the same day as me, so my expectation that he can play well comes from the fact that he has as much time as me, yet fails to actually do well.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #4426 on: December 10, 2014, 07:00:50 pm »
i never said he just started playing dota, that isnt even a quote from my statement, i said he played dota with me, he actually started playing the same day as me, so my expectation that he can play well comes from the fact that he has as much time as me, yet fails to actually do well.

how the hell do you break it to your friends that started playing dota with you that they are fucking terrible, rampant feeders, and generally just shit at the game?

Dis needs to be more specified hombre. In the way it's said it makes it seems like they just started. And like senior Gravoth said, if they aren't good they aren't good, simple as that. If they are offended by it they need to not be such miss nancies and be worried about if they are good at a video game or naw.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: December 10, 2014, 07:01:44 pm »
+1
how the hell do you break it to your friends that started playing dota with you that they are fucking terrible, rampant feeders, and generally just shit at the game?
Reading comprehension 101, please.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: December 10, 2014, 07:02:20 pm »
+2
How about you tell them WHAT they're doing wrong and WHAT they should be doing in place of it, instead of outright telling them they suck at Dota, which will achieve nothing? Everyone sucks compared to someone who is more experienced/better.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #4429 on: December 10, 2014, 07:08:12 pm »
I started playing Dota 2 a long time after my friends had been nerding it out in WC3. I started playing HoN with them for a while then we headed over to Dota 2. It helps a lot telling your friends about tactics / hero play styles and the likes, instead of just raging at them.

Now that me and my friends are on a equal level it tends to get more rage related though :P

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #4430 on: December 10, 2014, 07:09:27 pm »
Who do you nerds think is one of the most op/broken heroes in the current roster?

This is a straight forward curiosity I have as well as me raging because FUCK THIS MINGY TWAT PHANTOM ASSASSIN.

I don't know if it's just rngesus not being on my side or what, but every time (every fucking game now it seems like, she's #1 played hero atm) I play against her, she seems to always 1-2 shot me because of cyka crit rolls.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #4431 on: December 10, 2014, 07:10:42 pm »
+2
Void visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: December 10, 2014, 07:17:41 pm »
Who do you nerds think is one of the most op/broken heroes in the current roster?

This is a straight forward curiosity I have as well as me raging because FUCK THIS MINGY TWAT PHANTOM ASSASSIN.

I don't know if it's just rngesus not being on my side or what, but every time (every fucking game now it seems like, she's #1 played hero atm) I play against her, she seems to always 1-2 shot me because of cyka crit rolls.

Wat, PA isn't OP.

Most OP shit this patch:
Oracle
Void

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: December 10, 2014, 08:06:35 pm »
How about you tell them WHAT they're doing wrong and WHAT they should be doing in place of it, instead of outright telling them they suck at Dota, which will achieve nothing? Everyone sucks compared to someone who is more experienced/better.

I started playing Dota 2 a long time after my friends had been nerding it out in WC3. I started playing HoN with them for a while then we headed over to Dota 2. It helps a lot telling your friends about tactics / hero play styles and the likes, instead of just raging at them.

Now that me and my friends are on a equal level it tends to get more rage related though :P

thing is, you can only tell them so much, i cant constantly be looking at their character, or playing over their shoulder, its already bad enough i have to constantly direct him.  Its just to that point where its almost better i coach the guy, which is laughable.  Getting caught out, or ganked is all on him when you say there are 3-4 people missing on a map.  Its so many different factors that arent being grasped which seem rather basic, and when not done are so detrimental.

I havent outright told him anything, i try and be nice and give advice, but its like a lost cause everytime i play, so sad. 

I think im just goin to start doing ranked matches, and leave it at that.  Once the mmr gap is there, he'll notice it himself. 

Most recent match, same friends.  Nothing different, same mistakes as always.  This game they blamed it on the juggernaut, it was his fault he was split pushing and not teamfighting, which caused them to be caught out and killed in unbalanced teamfights.(they are the shadow shaman and Sand King)
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1082379459

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #4434 on: December 10, 2014, 08:22:01 pm »
+3
make them play with rufio :D he will rant at them enough ^^
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #4435 on: December 10, 2014, 08:31:58 pm »
+1

Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: December 10, 2014, 11:51:05 pm »
This game they blamed it on the juggernaut, it was his fault he was split pushing and not teamfighting, which caused them to be caught out and killed in unbalanced teamfights.(they are the shadow shaman and Sand King)

Well, at the very least I'm glad you recognize their shortcomings and don't just jump on the other teammates who aren't in the party with you when things go south.

If you can't advise them when they're making questionable plays then the best you can do is just play clowny builds/plays/heroes/practice and ignore them. After the match and pointing out glaring mistakes nicely is probably the only thing you can do to help them if they're actually that bad.
And how!

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #4437 on: December 11, 2014, 12:02:00 am »

PA and Void
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #4438 on: December 11, 2014, 12:21:22 am »
+4
make them play with rufio :D he will rant at them enough ^^

and proceed to make the same mistakes he's flaming them for

dota community in a nutshell tbh. Feed, spectate teammate, flame slightest mistake to feel superior.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: December 11, 2014, 08:16:44 am »
and proceed to make the same mistakes he's flaming them for

dota community in a nutshell tbh. Feed, spectate teammate, flame slightest mistake to feel superior.

word

thing is, you can only tell them so much, i cant constantly be looking at their character, or playing over their shoulder, its already bad enough i have to constantly direct him.  Its just to that point where its almost better i coach the guy, which is laughable.  Getting caught out, or ganked is all on him when you say there are 3-4 people missing on a map.  Its so many different factors that arent being grasped which seem rather basic, and when not done are so detrimental.

I havent outright told him anything, i try and be nice and give advice, but its like a lost cause everytime i play, so sad. 

I think im just goin to start doing ranked matches, and leave it at that.  Once the mmr gap is there, he'll notice it himself. 

Most recent match, same friends.  Nothing different, same mistakes as always.  This game they blamed it on the juggernaut, it was his fault he was split pushing and not teamfighting, which caused them to be caught out and killed in unbalanced teamfights.(they are the shadow shaman and Sand King)

How new are they, because it sounds like they're very new. If so, one would just direct them to written/video guides to learn some dota basics, instead of coaching them.