Author Topic: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)  (Read 271201 times)

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
Re: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)
« Reply #4410 on: December 07, 2014, 03:24:58 am »
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1070345520

Zombies are ez.

In my opinion, tombstone is one of the best early game abilities. Sooooooooo easy to get kills. If you've stolen enough strength, you can just chase people down as they are being slowed by the walking dead,and just hammer them with all the damage you do,and if need be you can nuke them down with your q and w.

I don't know why I play more Undying.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: December 07, 2014, 06:56:19 am »
+1

Zombies are ez.

In my opinion, tombstone is one of the best early game abilities. Sooooooooo easy to get kills. If you've stolen enough strength, you can just chase people down as they are being slowed by the walking dead,and just hammer them with all the damage you do,and if need be you can nuke them down with your q and w.

ive played meepo and Chen against an undying, learned the hard way how many fookin zombies can be on the map lol

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #4412 on: December 07, 2014, 01:26:48 pm »
+1

Zombies are ez.

Undying is my favourite hero i believe, Tombstone is insane yes, but the Q wins him lanes. Especially if he's outnumbered.¨

Falls off incredibly hard late game though, the only thing ive see that keeps him decent later on is refresher, double the zombies [insert Kreygasm here]
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #4413 on: December 07, 2014, 03:48:09 pm »
If the enemy team doesn't have significant ranged and a way of taking down the mines before reaching your base it's great.

Any super farmed team that isn't brainless will have either :
-a ranged hero and a tank with gem
-a necronomicon 3, to scout out and push that tier3 tower
-an agility hero with a manta style

Even by picking techies after making sure the ennemy team doesn't have an enigma/nature's prophet/lycan/naga siren just to counter my early bombs (not even speaking of special heroes to obliterate me, such as BH or Nyx), my own team forces 4v5 fights in peculiar places, and then blame the techies for not being there. I'm so fed up of playing this hero with randomers... there's just no fun.

Played a long game vs sniper previously, damn his scatter rain is a pain, and always misjudging where he'll stand to attack our towers. He was probably a good player, but i added sniper on my not-to-play-with-techies-against list.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #4414 on: December 08, 2014, 01:31:24 pm »
Any super farmed team that isn't brainless will have either :
-a ranged hero and a tank with gem
-a necronomicon 3, to scout out and push that tier3 tower
-an agility hero with a manta style

Even by picking techies after making sure the ennemy team doesn't have an enigma/nature's prophet/lycan/naga siren just to counter my early bombs (not even speaking of special heroes to obliterate me, such as BH or Nyx), my own team forces 4v5 fights in peculiar places, and then blame the techies for not being there. I'm so fed up of playing this hero with randomers... there's just no fun.

Played a long game vs sniper previously, damn his scatter rain is a pain, and always misjudging where he'll stand to attack our towers. He was probably a good player, but i added sniper on my not-to-play-with-techies-against list.

You over-estimate pub games! We tend to only pick Techies up when there's at least 3 of us. But so far I've only lost 1 game with him in my side and that was a randomer playing it.

It's amazing how many people don't think about buying necro as a counter. When we go against techies we usually have at least 3 of us with it.

Sniper is annoying for it though. I've used him against Techies a few times and makes pushing base easy.

Thing is Techies have to dominate the laning phase. Either by actually getting kills, or just the threat of those mines forcing the other team to play quite statically. In quite a few of our games though people fool for the same tricks over and over. Mines in shop, mined on runes, mines on routes through the jungle.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1076228609

This last game our techies had around 5 kills within the first few minutes. Was hilarious.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #4415 on: December 08, 2014, 09:04:46 pm »
Yeah, the first minutes are when he shines the most.
I was completely taken aback one game. Was playing on radiant side, and decided to assist our offlane. Started by mining the side shop, then went for the level 1 jungling creeps path, being carefull about not being spotted by ennemy creep wave, then randomly in the movement section. After that, i moved to mine rune, and headed bot.

In 5 min, i didn't get a single kill, not a single mine explosed.
-Mid didn't care one bit about rune, and didn't get bottle (wich may have simplified our team's mid life, if he was remotely decent. Wich wasn't the case)
-Only 2 ennemies top. They didn't pull jungle a single time, nor go to the side shop. Instead, they stayed in lane and focused on the tide offlaner. Who got zoned out real fast.

Got my first kill bot on a void, going to the side shop after being wounded.
We cruelly lost that game, thanks to multiple throws (carries staying in ennemies base when they respawned), while i was defending/pushing bot after barracks destroyed).
Also, in the back and forth waves, not a single carry had a battlefury or aoe attacks. Tiny (no agha) and PA (no BF), not caring the slightlest about fast pushing/depushing...

I'll probably play techies only when i'm with at least one friend. To laugh and all. Else, i'm too serious to apreciate.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: December 09, 2014, 12:07:08 pm »

Iceiceice permanent facial expression = :-|
Every single LAN "oh we just won a tournament with large amount of money" :-|

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: December 09, 2014, 06:33:44 pm »

Iceiceice permanent facial expression = :-|
Every single LAN "oh we just won a tournament with large amount of money" :-|

You mean almost every Asian team? Expect maybe IG when they one TI. Chuan is love.

BUT. Example. Newbee win TI4. Pure euphoria ensues.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #4418 on: December 09, 2014, 07:04:47 pm »
+1

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #4419 on: December 10, 2014, 03:42:34 pm »
Must say muting all upon entering the match is a wonderful experience  :mrgreen:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: December 10, 2014, 05:57:51 pm »
how the hell do you break it to your friends that started playing dota with you that they are fucking terrible, rampant feeders, and generally just shit at the game?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #4421 on: December 10, 2014, 06:00:21 pm »
how the hell do you break it to your friends that started playing dota with you that they are fucking terrible, rampant feeders, and generally just shit at the game?

By... telling them? If they cant handle it then they are weak and not fit for dota.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: December 10, 2014, 06:04:04 pm »
By... telling them? If they cant handle it then they are weak and not fit for dota.

its like breaking up with a gf, that awkward moment where your like its not me, its definitely you, all you.  He blamed Pudge and wards for being the problem, i think its just him.

friend playing tinker
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1078461521
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1079122476
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1080210215
friend playing Mirana
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1080550890
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1082166532

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: December 10, 2014, 06:20:33 pm »

"Just started playing dota"

And you expect him to be at your level? Get real. We all had to start somewhere. Some learn it quicker than others, some don't. Dota has GIANT learning curve, and it takes time and practice to be able to learn it, let alone master it. You can't give someone a hard time, especially your friend, if they just starting playing.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #4424 on: December 10, 2014, 06:29:55 pm »