Author Topic: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)  (Read 271215 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)
« Reply #4245 on: October 07, 2014, 10:00:40 pm »
Heh shackles are great fun indeed.

Only played winder a few times, and I remember that game where I only did ONE decent shackle that caught 2 in a critical moment.

That was all my use during that game, but we won because of it.  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #4246 on: October 07, 2014, 10:12:55 pm »
WR so good visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #4248 on: October 08, 2014, 12:09:43 pm »
+3
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #4249 on: October 08, 2014, 07:49:55 pm »
+1

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: October 09, 2014, 03:40:20 pm »
BKB is a crutch. Learning not to build it every single time will improve your positioning in teamfights and awereness.

Learning to build it is harder, everyone skips it for some reason.

For a melee carry when they have a lot of CC it's pretty much essential when your position is in the middle of the fight or it ends up being the middle. I personally don't like building it if I think I can get away with it but even when to build it and when to activate it is a skill in itself. I've lost games where we can come back but right at that moment I think we're going to turn things around the carry runs in BKBed and it's too late to disengage from the fight. On one of my last PA games I massively screwed up because I would BKB a half second too late trying to get the most out of it's duration.

On a side note, what do you guys think is a good carry/semi-carry Windrunner build?
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/948774782

That was the first time I've built a maelstrom on her and it seemed a bit overrated. It's alright for pushing and farming but she has power-shot for clearing creep waves and an Orchid provides more damage and mana regeneration and if acquired before the Aghs it negates the damage penalty from her ultimate with it's active. The force staff also saved my ass several times that game but maybe using the maelstrom money for something like a Shiva's seems like it would've been a better idea in retrospect; but at the same time I had wind-run so Drow and Huskar weren't really too much of an issue.
And how!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #4251 on: October 09, 2014, 04:26:23 pm »
I like linkens on WR. Just adds a bit extra protection which can often be needed. I'm not a fan of maelstrom on her but I do like force staff. MKB is another item I like getting on her as well. Helps her a lot when pushing base/against certain carries.

Orchid is a good choice and usually works both on a support and carry WR.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #4252 on: October 10, 2014, 01:04:41 am »
dat Alliance vs EG game 1 :D epic game
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #4253 on: October 12, 2014, 12:50:08 am »
+1
Void is such a piece of дерьмо hero

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: October 12, 2014, 02:07:24 am »
i just want to put it out there that Tinker is so gay, just played a pub game where the guy was using boots of travel, blinking, using that laser shit, a dagon, then rearming and doing it again.  He was like 1 shotting every fucking person with that gay ass shit.

Hard enough to play with 3 mexicans on your team that arent cooperating let alone someone who is shitting on all of them in one shot.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: October 12, 2014, 02:47:12 am »
i just want to put it out there that Tinker is so gay, just played a pub game where the guy was using boots of travel, blinking, using that laser shit, a dagon, then rearming and doing it again.  He was like 1 shotting every fucking person with that gay ass shit.

Hard enough to play with 3 mexicans on your team that arent cooperating let alone someone who is shitting on all of them in one shot.

Well, he was much worse to deal with pre 6.82

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: October 12, 2014, 04:15:48 am »
Well, he was much worse to deal with pre 6.82

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/954115521

ive played against Tinkers before, but never one that was that good.  Though i dont have very many hours into the game, and ive only ever done pub matches, i just didnt really understand how to stop him.  He came out of nowhere and would just nuke you before you even had a chance to run away.  We couldnt even leave the fountain, he was just soloing like 5v1 and killing all of us.  The last like 4 mins was him just repeatedly fountain camping killing us. 

They really should add some sort of surrender shit for the teams, because people doing that shit for like 5-6mins is so gay.

Anyways, idk how op he is if any, or who you guys think are op, but in that specific match, i was sure as fuck that he was op lol.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 04:23:39 am by AntiBlitz »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: October 12, 2014, 07:47:07 am »
I like linkens on WR. Just adds a bit extra protection which can often be needed. I'm not a fan of maelstrom on her but I do like force staff. MKB is another item I like getting on her as well. Helps her a lot when pushing base/against certain carries.

Orchid is a good choice and usually works both on a support and carry WR.

A forcestaff seems core to me, a blink maybe if I was confident in how things were going. In that particular match linken's would've only blocked Huskar's dunk I think, granted it was 2/5ths of my deaths.

The MKB I never considered but I like the "wow" of the daedalus, the near constant mini-bash does sound appealing though.

That Tinker's maybe a smurf? I think I've seen one at my skill range successfully burst, rearm and burst and he definitely didn't have an E-blade and a sheep's on top of a dagon ~30 minutes in.
And how!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #4258 on: October 12, 2014, 10:54:56 am »
+1
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/954115521

ive played against Tinkers before, but never one that was that good.  Though i dont have very many hours into the game, and ive only ever done pub matches, i just didnt really understand how to stop him. 

Tbh before the last patch tinker was being picked every few games in the ones I was playing. Most of them will do that if they are even half good because it's what Tinker does. It's a brutal combo and as soon as I see a Tinker I cringe. The best way of stopping him is to mid gank a lot in the early stages and shut him down because he needs items to really get going. You can't let a Tinker settle and farm in those first 10-15 mins. Unfortunately if you have team mates who won't move mid to shut him down then you can expect to be nuked down all game by him.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: October 12, 2014, 07:07:19 pm »
Almost 400 games in and I'm just learning to pick good mid match-ups/countering and learning the intricacies of when to rotate and when to just sit my ass in the lane and push the other fucker out. There's a certain joy to forcing the other mid out and then getting opportunities to jump a passerby who might try to recoup the losses. On the flip-side learning to cut my losses and just head to the jungle or try to game another lane feels generally less then ideal but I've been managing alright I feel.
And how!