Author Topic: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)  (Read 271359 times)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)
« Reply #3855 on: July 22, 2014, 10:56:31 pm »
Well the last games were pretty good play from Newbee compared to VG. They just failed hard, skillbuild on Veno didn't really help in fights, and he got ulti at lvl 9 and after that he never got to use it. also they often went alone on lanes, like last game rOTK was alone in mid when he got ganked by 4 heroes when he should have just planted wards and kept hiding behind his tower.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #3856 on: July 22, 2014, 10:59:24 pm »
+1
i like the part where they tp 1 by 1 into the tower push to die :p Tbh its more the fact that 1 lane of rax was taken in total for the grand final i mean wtf is that. Even if i had 1% chance of winning the match id fight till they took the throne in the final  :shock:
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #3857 on: July 22, 2014, 11:01:21 pm »
i like the part where they tp 1 by 1 into the tower push to die :p Tbh its more the fact that 1 lane of rax was taken in total for the grand final i mean wtf is that. Even if i had 1% chance of winning the match id fight till they took the throne in the final  :shock:

Yeah, even Bruno pointed that out, they gave up way too quickly. Almost no one would throw in the towel that fast when 5+ mill dollars are on the line.

Offline Osiris

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: July 22, 2014, 11:03:37 pm »
anyone know if Nyx has a sexy starship troopers bug outfit?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: July 22, 2014, 11:22:12 pm »

Like I said, VG choked hard when they saw their so far unbeatable one trick pony was massacred by the rape train that is Newbee. Shit, they couldn't believe it themselves and decided to try the same thing again, just to get stomped over, again.
Really, half the blame for the finale is on VG, the other half is imo on the other teams that failed to stop VG before reaching the finals. If there was any other team we'd probably see a more interesting finale, even though it would probably still be Newbee winning.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: July 22, 2014, 11:39:00 pm »
What is VG's "one trick pony"?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Osiris

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: July 22, 2014, 11:43:44 pm »
winning. If that doesnt work they lose like noobs

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #3862 on: July 23, 2014, 02:14:33 am »
+1
A game should take at least 40-45 minutes. 50-60 is rather perfect, that means that 1,2,3 have 1-4 good items and 2 semi good items, supports 1 good item, that allows some nice fights. With everyone 6 slots the game just has 1 final fight, then its usually over because creeps and towers are usually too fucking weak and go down too quickly.
If they only need some seconds to take down a t4 tower theres something really wrong. Towers are too weak in general. In dota1 there was an easy mode and a normal mode. dota2 feels like easy mode anyway, weak towers and high gold income. Some patches are really needed. :)

And I surely prefer a 60min game with 20mins extra farming over a 20min game where people rush and 1 side absolutely gets crushed and has no chance at all, because they either suck or fail by heavy mistakes (or picks).
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: July 23, 2014, 03:01:50 am »
+1
so whenever someone wants to gieb me dat beautiful Soul Diffuser for my Spectre, my favorite character as of right now, i will loov u forevs.  I am just blown away at how expensive that lil thing is!

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #3864 on: July 23, 2014, 03:26:56 am »
+1
A game should take at least 40-45 minutes. 50-60 is rather perfect, that means that 1,2,3 have 1-4 good items and 2 semi good items, supports 1 good item, that allows some nice fights. With everyone 6 slots the game just has 1 final fight, then its usually over because creeps and towers are usually too fucking weak and go down too quickly.
If they only need some seconds to take down a t4 tower theres something really wrong. Towers are too weak in general. In dota1 there was an easy mode and a normal mode. dota2 feels like easy mode anyway, weak towers and high gold income. Some patches are really needed. :)

And I surely prefer a 60min game with 20mins extra farming over a 20min game where people rush and 1 side absolutely gets crushed and has no chance at all, because they either suck or fail by heavy mistakes (or picks).

You think meta sucks because Newbee and VG are good at taking the advantage, staying ahead and shaping the meta that Icefrog made possible. I disagree. It may be boring but it's built of years of experience and obviously the most effective strategy found at the moment. This is a powerful counter-strategy against split-pushing strategies and is the whole point it's being used right now. Surely it's a great strategy on its own, as VG and Newbee already knows but soon there'll be a counter to the "deathball" strategy, it's most likely not unstoppable and since Newbee managed to beat VG in the finals when they're both basically employing the same tactics says a lot. Newbee had lots of time to study VG during their rise to the final so if you are looking for tips on countering this meta analyse that.

so whenever someone wants to gieb me dat beautiful Soul Diffuser for my Spectre, my favorite character as of right now, i will loov u forevs.  I am just blown away at how expensive that lil thing is!

It costs less than a bag of candy, if a bag of candy gives you fulfillment in the same way that the Soul Diffuser does then you should purchase it.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #3865 on: July 23, 2014, 03:40:45 am »
I don't mind the current meta but I for heck would love a final that takes longer than 3 hours... (including breaks)
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #3866 on: July 23, 2014, 04:01:31 am »
Yes and I would as well. I can't help but think that Newbee really outplayed everyone.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: July 23, 2014, 04:02:15 am »
It costs less than a bag of candy, if a bag of candy gives you fulfillment in the same way that the Soul Diffuser does then you should purchase it.
i think a lot of people can agree with me that there is just something odd about spending money on something that is not even real, idk, to me its just weird to spend 5 dollars on something so fucking minor!

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3868 on: July 23, 2014, 04:07:09 am »
i think a lot of people can agree with me that there is just something odd about spending money on something that is not even real, idk, to me its just weird to spend 5 dollars on something so fucking minor!

Next time you go for groceries, skip some totally unnecessary stuff you might buy just because you are used to it. Of course not pointing fingers but that's how it often works. In my opinion it adds up little by little, might be unnoticeable at some point.

Anyway it's a few beers money, if you are really worried about how much it costs, I'm sure you can just take the amount out from a weekly or monthly budget. Or just sell one of your guns amigo.  :mrgreen:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: July 23, 2014, 04:19:13 am »
+1
Anyway it's a few beers money, Or just sell one of your guns amigo.  :mrgreen:

pffft not a chance!