Author Topic: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)  (Read 271562 times)

Offline autobus

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 598
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bartering Brigade "Black Tea"
  • Game nicks: Autobus, Shushu, Samodur
  • IRC nick: Autobus
Re: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)
« Reply #3570 on: June 17, 2014, 09:44:44 am »
Wait, are you saying russians are not the reason of my every loss?
That's outrageous, stop arguing with common sense.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:53:33 am by autobus »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3571 on: June 17, 2014, 10:24:36 am »
If you aren't good enough to influence slightly more than half of your matches into wins, everyone in your games is probably better then you are, believe it or not, and you belong in a lower skill bracket.

There isn't an "elo hell," just bad players who blame everyone else for losses while having no idea how to last hit, map control, team comp, gank, or just about any other basic DOTA skill.

90% of times it's the other lanes fucking it up, not me.

Then I fight unkillable enemies because even if we kil them once or twice it's over.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: June 17, 2014, 10:57:43 am »
You might just be on a lose streak, but I do agree with Smoothrich. There's lose and winstreaks, but in the long run the retards on your team and retards on enemy team balance out and if you're better than the skill pool you're currently in, you should see your MMR rise. MMR works pretty damn well.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: June 17, 2014, 11:35:15 am »
90% of times it's the other lanes fucking it up, not me.

Then I fight unkillable enemies because even if we kil them once or twice it's over.

You know I carried myself mostly through solo queueing into very high skill bracket (before ranked matchmaking) by playing gankers or junglers, especially Bounty Hunter and Ursa. Though Ursa stops working once you get out of lower skill brackets, sounds like you could prob jungle him and tear your way through the bads.

You should try to get a solo lane if possible, either mid, jungle, or a sidelane if you have a jungler, this gives you a good level advantage even if you have feeding sidelanes. Whatever you pick and play as soon as you get to level 6 or so, stop giving a shit about your lane completely and just roam around killing people. Even the worst of dota pubs will see opportunities to pad their KD and go in if you set up a play, even if just to killsteal you.

If you aren't playing with a team or at a high skill level with dependable teammates (this does not go hand in hand) there is no reason to pick support. Just roam around clearing empty sidelanes and neutrals to stay competitive in farm and XP, and by level 6 you should be forcing enemies to TP into sidelanes and causing 3vs3 or so skirmishes. Know the limits of your hero to make ballsy plays and you can guarantee a pub stomp victory within 10 minutes by giving your team the level advantage and momentum.

Static thinking of lanes, roles, "if only they stop feeding their lane, I'm winning mine!!" and all that crap is low tier, scrub play. If a lane is struggling, might be worth it to go kill them before they get too big, and restore Team Morale. Fairly sure anyone advising to "stay in mid and farm for 30 minutes then solo win the game" just watched a smurfing pro player's stream, or is just making shit up and can't break 200 GPM with freefarm.

Being aggressive, but knowing your limits so you don't feed, is definitely the best way to climb in Elo if you are a solo player. Be tHe PlayMaker.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: June 17, 2014, 02:12:38 pm »
That's true, but then you get games like this: http://dotabuff.com/matches/723666022

Even though CK (who was probably hispanic because he didn't say anything) and I basically snowballed at the beginning; my team, all white americans and talking on com, managed to feed the enemy from 10-35 minutes and then Zeus threw a hissy fit and PA kept following me in when I was picking off the supports and Sniper or they stood around, not farming, in the jungles as 3 when they see the enemy coming as 5.

I really enjoy the game a lot but I lose that enjoyment when I basically have to baby-sit. Everyone saying "we need wards" all game even though it's clear at all times where the enemy is and inane decisions are repeatedly made.
And how!

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: June 17, 2014, 06:24:23 pm »
That's true, but then you get games like this: http://dotabuff.com/matches/723666022

Even though CK (who was probably hispanic because he didn't say anything) and I basically snowballed at the beginning; my team, all white americans and talking on com, managed to feed the enemy from 10-35 minutes and then Zeus threw a hissy fit and PA kept following me in when I was picking off the supports and Sniper or they stood around, not farming, in the jungles as 3 when they see the enemy coming as 5.

I really enjoy the game a lot but I lose that enjoyment when I basically have to baby-sit. Everyone saying "we need wards" all game even though it's clear at all times where the enemy is and inane decisions are repeatedly made.

lol that game is atrocious no matter who you were in it. look at everyones CS, no one on either team had more than 110 last hits in a 40min game, if you were at all competent at the game you could have easily farmed up and solo carried that one, stop blaming your team when it's obvious you are awful too.

if you truely believe you are better than people you play with, pick a split pusher like lycan and literally just win 1v5 because no one buys TPs enough in scrub bracket, and when they do they always solo tp and feed to a fed lycan or natures prophet ect. do that well and you will win 70%+ times, but of course u won't cause you are actually Really Bad too.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #3576 on: June 17, 2014, 06:34:53 pm »
+3
Looks like NA cRPG found out about Doto.

IT WERE 239 NICE PAGES GUYS.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: June 17, 2014, 06:37:01 pm »
+3
сука блядъ иди нахуй америка

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3578 on: June 17, 2014, 07:04:07 pm »
+1
сука блядъ иди нахуй америка

obama pidarrasi ))

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #3579 on: June 17, 2014, 07:07:30 pm »
NA has been here m8

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #3580 on: June 17, 2014, 07:39:46 pm »
some games it really doesn't matter if you are amazing if your team just feeds and feeds and feeds there is very little you can do to stop a 5 man deathball from taking all your towers. Those games thankfully seem few and far between. Last game i had a gyro who kept going alone to farm jungle despite lots of pings that Spirit breaker lifestealer bomb was coming his way (he died like 5 times to it) 47 min game Lina who was trying to play carry 11.k hero damage 81 last hits.... Gyro 9.9k hero damage 100 last hits and huskar 9.6k hero damage 48 last hits ^^.

I was witch doctor and along with rubick we almost carried the team to victory (i went 24k hero damage 15-9-20) but alas we couldn't hold out. we took the mid rax but the enemy team had dagon bane, lifestealer skywrath SB and ogre magi so at the end i couldn't do much being focused. Probably should have won but lina and gyro spent most of the game insulting each other and shouting "IM GOING AFK YOUR ALL NOOBS" or "IM PLAYING ALONE NOOBS". Hard to win when they wander off alone or sit in the fountain for 5 mins before coming back :(
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #3581 on: June 17, 2014, 07:40:03 pm »
lol that game is atrocious no matter who you were in it. look at everyones CS, no one on either team had more than 110 last hits in a 40min game, if you were at all competent at the game you could have easily farmed up and solo carried that one, stop blaming your team when it's obvious you are awful too.

if you truely believe you are better than people you play with, pick a split pusher like lycan and literally just win 1v5 because no one buys TPs enough in scrub bracket, and when they do they always solo tp and feed to a fed lycan or natures prophet ect. do that well and you will win 70%+ times, but of course u won't cause you are actually Really Bad too.

You can't see a persons skill bracket from looking at one of their Dotabuff games though, you don't know what happened in the game / what made them have so low CS. All though looking that game both teams had really scrubby cykacarry lineup and performance over all.

Also one easy way to get early advantage is to pick Lycan indeed. Moment the enemy leaves the lane he can take down the tower after less than 30 seconds.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #3582 on: June 17, 2014, 09:51:01 pm »
+1
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #3583 on: June 17, 2014, 09:51:18 pm »
some games are hard some are easy :D saw the enemy line up and loled

http://dotabuff.com/matches/725614847

centaur + slark + pugna + huskar + invoker.... K no supports + little lockdown = fun BH game ^^(he is my daily challange so it was nice) Huskar rage quit game after a few kills... died twice in the enemy base at the end because pugna pulled out a suprise dagon :(. Hell i didn't even play great on BH didnt bother farming much and just wandered around casually because we rolled them so hard. score was 8:4 to us and i was 4:0.. had to try to help out luna for a little while <3
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:56:01 pm by Osiris »
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: June 17, 2014, 10:08:16 pm »
+1
lol that game is atrocious no matter who you were in it...

but of course u won't cause you are actually Really Bad too.

I never said I wasn't bad, I said I was the least bad. Actually, I never even said that, and was more pointing out that non-english speakers were just as skilled or unskilled as people who have english as their first language and that probably at any skill bracket a lot of people don't want to play as a team; on top of people blaming a supposed lack of vision for losing.

im hapy for u that ur on top of the meta and can net 200 CS in 30 minutes and aren't Really Bad. Let me next time pick the OPTM heroes and not enjoy myself in the game and get mad over the fact, not that I'm not good, but that my opponents aren't just Really Really Bad.
And how!