Author Topic: From fully smooth to significant FPS drops  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
From fully smooth to significant FPS drops
« on: January 24, 2013, 10:44:21 pm »
+1
Well, seems like the new patch has fixed the heraldic armor transparency bug since the problem was dealt with in this new version. Yet I am getting significant fps drops right now.

Earlier today, capped at 60 fps, I was on max settings and simply running the game smoothly as hell. Somehow the new version won't allow me to play as fine as that now. My fps now drops down to 30 and 40 every now and then and it becomes impossible to play properly. It is as if I am on 250 ping from time to time.

Video card is ATI hd6950 btw. I thought I should note it too, as the new update and the fix it involves was about ATI cards.

Note: If fixing this requires bringing back the usual transparency settings, I personally won't ever complain again about heraldic armor transparency bug. Performance I got out of the old version -i.e. two patches ago (including the current one)- is all I would like to have again.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:51:02 pm by ASGUARDIAN »

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
Re: From fully smooth to significant FPS drops
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 10:49:52 pm »
+3
My game is constantly stuttering. Looking at it makes me feel ill.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Zox_Fury

• Baron
  • Renown: 142
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • La illaha il'Allah
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zox_Fury
  • IRC nick: Zox_Fury
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 12:11:21 am »
+1
Same here my game were really nice and without lag since i used Wse but since the last updat  i stuterring a lot ...

By the way keep up the good work

Edit : I don t have more lag the game works perfectly with wse many thanks for this present :-D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:54:28 pm by Zox_Fury »
Subhan'LLAH wa bihamdih

Offline BeastSVK

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights who say NI
  • Game nicks: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
  • IRC nick: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 11:29:34 am »
I used to play 120 fps in max but few days before game started to making my FPS drops to 80 ..if i cap on 200 fps it drops to 150 and this drops make me crazy. even when i set medium settings now its same drops constatnly. i retired my 33 coz of this i cant play normal with that drops. I have i3 ivy, 660gtx 8gb ram so no problem with old pc ..HELP !! SOS!!

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 05:12:04 pm »
I seem to have fixed my problem and here is how:

As a rule of thumb, one needs to set a firewall exception for online games in antivirus app and windows. So had I in the very beginning before even starting to play crpg. However, I discovered that my stupid Kaspersky simply recognized the launcher and game executable as brand new ones following the update. When I checked, I saw that the launcher was classified as 'low restricted' instead of 'trusted'. I had already marked both trusted but as I said, it seems like Kaspersky treats them as new executables after updates.

While firewall restrictions do not really explain FPS drops (although high pings could be attributed to that), I am pretty sure that fixing the aforementioned problem hugely recovered my FPS rate. I still have to stress test one particular map (don't know the name but it is the one with a backdoor that is accessed after climbing up some stairs) though. That one gave me monstrous lag right away, as soon as I spawned on the attacker side. Regardless, I am confident that I have largely solved the issue.

So, that is what works for me as of now. Let me know what you guys have to say about this.

Offline Zox_Fury

• Baron
  • Renown: 142
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • La illaha il'Allah
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zox_Fury
  • IRC nick: Zox_Fury
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 11:27:17 am »
So true many troubles seems to be solves by exception in firewall/anti virus or only by a reboot sometimes.. Personnaly my lags disappears with a reboot.

I think probably 90 or 95% of troubles disapear with your tip Asguard or only by reinstall mod .

Have a nice day
Subhan'LLAH wa bihamdih

Offline BeastSVK

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights who say NI
  • Game nicks: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
  • IRC nick: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 09:44:25 am »
Nope i still got problem with drops  :evil:

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 04:15:33 pm »
Actually, that map I mentioned (got the name now, it is Forest Attack) still gives me huge lags but it has never been totally alright for me anyway.

Regardless, the firewall fix seems to have done the trick althought as I said, FPS drops cannot really be attributed to firewalls.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 02:26:52 pm »
same to me. we spawn and in one second i have 100 fps and after 2 seconds it goes to 54 and then back to 100 again.

Mammonist

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 08:35:19 pm »
+2
This has everything to do with anti aliasing, they removed transparency AA which caused the heraldic armor bug for ATI cards, but it also gave steady fps in my case (when I turned it off the framerate would go jittery). In graphic options there are now 2 options for antialiasing (MSAA and (I believe) FSAA)). Put the top one to 'off' and the lower one to 'high'. I hope this fixes it for you, it did for me.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 10:14:23 pm »
This has everything to do with anti aliasing, they removed transparency AA which caused the heraldic armor bug for ATI cards, but it also gave steady fps in my case (when I turned it off the framerate would go jittery). In graphic options there are now 2 options for antialiasing (MSAA and (I believe) FSAA)). Put the top one to 'off' and the lower one to 'high'. I hope this fixes it for you, it did for me.

Thanks to this advice, I am now as smooth as ever on the Forest Attack Map too. As of now, all of my problems are gone but I will not lock the topic, as we have others still complaining about the drops.

Mammonist

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 07:37:13 pm »
+1
Thanks to this advice, I am now as smooth as ever on the Forest Attack Map too. As of now, all of my problems are gone but I will not lock the topic, as we have others still complaining about the drops.

Now, go forth and prevent innocent peasants from being raped by evil jarls.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 11:51:37 pm »
Ima do that. I may be evil but I will cockblock a heavy armored chopper from raping innocent peasants alright  :twisted: