Author Topic: Official EU server-admin application thread  (Read 9369 times)

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Official EU server-admin application thread
« on: January 23, 2013, 06:18:01 pm »
+35
Edit: applications are closed.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:59:29 pm by cmpxchg8b »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Official EU server-admin application thread
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 06:30:01 pm »
+12
HA!

As everytime this pops up, i am volunteering for this sweet position. I do not have any previous administership experience, but since i am leading few people at work for few years already, i am quite reasonable guy, somewhat mature, communicative, outgoing, i know rules and last like month or so i started playing siege aswell. (yeah, i tend to troll on forums, but i understand that if i ever get the power, i would have to cease that to reasonable level  :mrgreen: )

I usually have something else to do aswell while playing, so i spend my dead time alttabbed and doing something, i could use that time to spect people and/or manage ban requests. I am good at administrative work (bleh). I do speak and understand english quite well, czech is my mother tongue and i somewhat understand slovak aswell.

Thanks for attention, there is cute octopus:

(click to show/hide)

Offline LEKIS

• Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lekismurderer
  • IRC nick: Lekis
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 06:33:54 pm »
The day will come! Hordes of communist mechanical bears mounted by muslim liberal gay black in spanishs, bringing destruction to the visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Land Of The Free . Prepare yourself America!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 06:49:40 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 06:52:58 pm »
+45
I wouldnt mind applying, i tend to play mostly battle but of course if i got the adminship would venture to the seige server. Ive been playing for quite a while and think i know how people like to be admined and not dictated. Thanks
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 06:53:25 pm »
+14
Evening gents,

Well my in-game name is SirCymro, i've been a part of the cRPG community for well around 2+ years now, i am British and live in the UK. I've applied for adminship before when the other threads have popped up however im hoping now im a little better known and people know where i stand.

I'm all for having a joke and a laugh yet i know the difference betweek joking and going too far, but then we all play cRPG for fun and we don't want that ruined by other players antics when they decided to much around and it causes us all havoc.

As for previous admin experience
- I have been an admin for Mount&Musket and Napoleonic Wars since September 2010 and since then have never once had a complaint, each week since February 2011 i have hosted a linebattle which now receives 700-800 players weekly and is going stronger than ever
- I used to admin the Crusaders of Acre server when it was active and was in charge of the ban log and admin recruitment, the server ran smoothly until we ran out of money and had to shut the server down
- Forum adminship and moderation is limited to Acre forums however im active on these forums more than most, as for the servers i mainly play on EU1 yet am being drawn towards siege more as i find i end up playing more rather than spending most of my time dead

As stated previously i used to be in Crusaders of Acre where i ended up co-managing the group and everything within it, i currently have no ties or links to any clan and i prefer being a pubber currently.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application and good luck to all applicants

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 07:05:55 pm »
+27
Hello,

I would like to apply for the Admin-position.

I am known by the community, less for my skill in the game but for my rather calm and friendly appearance in the game and mostly on the forum.
I have experience as GM on a rather big private MMORPG-server but I am not sure if it compares to this special community and its needs ;) Nonetheless, I know my way around the rulebook and have not a single punishment in my records - haven't even been kicked once.
I have to point out that I am only playing EU1 though. Therefore I have a different proposition for you below...

It might sound odd but I am reading the ban section anyway on a daily basis and I think that I could take a lot of work off the other Admins by handling the ban requests. So, I would also like to apply for handling the ban section only if that is a position you wanna consider.

Simple as that.

Thank you for taking me into consideration.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 07:13:32 pm »
+20
Hello,

I would like to apply as admin. I don't have experience as admin yet but I am very active and most of the time playing on EU_2 (which really needs some admins). I am usually a very friendly and mature person who knows the community on the siege server very well and is respected by most of the other players. I am not biased, I always follow the rules and really hate it when someone is just trying to ruin the fun of other players. I will strictly enforce the rules but can distinguish if somebody just wants to have some harmless fun without hurting others. I also have enough time to check the ban request section on a regular basis.

Other good admins would be (not sure if they want to be admins though :D): Miwiw, kinngrimm, Karasu, Fips, Mr_Onion, Haboe, Kansuke, Kafein (if he stops playing naked  :wink:).

Thank you. :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:33:18 pm by Churchill »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 07:14:37 pm »
+30
My daily grind takes place on EU2, i do not shy of abusing my powers over less privileged players (haha, scrubs) and i am probably only doing this because i'm fed up with people crying over how awful and lawless EU2 is (yeah right :rolleyes: ), and i will probably regret this fast :|

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 07:14:40 pm »
+24
I'm applying for Adminship so Molly, Sir Cymro, ptx, Chase, Kafein, Rhekimos, Teeth, Haboe, Elmuri, Tuetensuppe, Tyr and Casimir (Along with anyone else, I'm not editing this any further) look better in comparison, and because I'll do a better job then LordB the big diddy and take his spot.

Thank you for your consideration.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 10:02:43 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Elite

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 07:21:10 pm »
+2
Hi, I would like to apply as Admin :p i would be very pleased to join you guys. And i promise not to aboose :D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 07:21:36 pm »
+34
Hi

I successfully qml people on EU_2 on regular basis. I think something needs to be done, at least about leeching and I believe myself (like a majority of the siege regulars) able to handle the wild crowd, go spec when needed and take the time to understand what is going on (typical "he th first :(" people) before acting. I already admined EU_4 back in the days, and nobody except myself remembers it. So I probably did a good job :) .

No matter who (most people would be decent admins), just bring more admins to EU_2, please.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 07:24:14 pm »
+5
Hi there.

My main is currently Nord_Jarliana (just retired and changed gender&name from Nord_Jarlek), but I also got a ton of alts with different names.
I've been playing cRPG since december 2010 and I live in Norway. I also post on the forum way too much.

I don't have any admining experience from before, but I know the rules and I got a good eye for spotting rulebreakers. I often remind/tell people when I see them doing stuff (like spawning without a weapon on siege, or breaking the "don't facehug during timer" rule on duel). I regularly use "I" chat already to notify any admins whenever I spot someone breaking the rules, as Saint and Khorin can tell whenever they come on siege.

I mainly play on EU2, but I often go on Rageball or DTV. I usually only go EU1 if I got a build that sucks for siege or if it's night time since the other servers are empty then.

I also regularly read the ban section. I see how long the response times can be there and I really would like to help out there. It's a bit sad when someone makes a video of another player teamkillin them, yet it can take a couple of weeks before anything is done. I really want to help out there. As with Benkei, if you want someone to handle the ban section only then I would be more than happy to help out there.

Why NOT make me admin?
Well, I have a feeling I might be a bit harsh with my punishments. If I see someone managing to teamkill someone the first 10 seconds of a round or get 4/5 reports, then I'll probably demand a VERY good reason before I send them of with a days ban. As with someone griefing players (like gate openers in siege), I'd rather send them off on a 10 minute ban than just simply kick them. I dunno exactly how much, but I feel I would give out too harsh penalties.
I can also be a bit of a dick in chat. Wololo'ing people when I kill them and the like. Obviously I will keep this to normal and not admin chat, but I understand it if people got issues with my shittalking.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Bifi

• Count
  • Renown: 211
  • Infamy: 6
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Bifi, Mr_Turtle
  • IRC nick: Bifi
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 07:26:02 pm »
+36
Here is my application:

I speak English and German.
You might know me as Bifi, Mr_Turtle or Ferdinand.

I am very active and play since september 2010.
I spend most time on the rageball server. But I also play on battle/siege servers.
The rageball server lacks active admins. It happens too often, that only a little amount of players look at the ball.
Paul, Khorin and Saint do a great job, but we need more.

Thanks!
[16:30] <@cmp> real programmers don't make webpages
Quote from: cmpxchg8b
- fixed Jesus bug

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 07:26:55 pm »
+4
Rufio applying:

Considering i play mostly siege and some battle, and have a lot of time on my hands, this possition would be ideal for me.
I am well know throughout the community, and have had requests from hre and greys in the past to apply for siege admin.
If given this oppertunity i would ofc change my forum and chat conduct since i would be somewhat a representative of the mod.
As some side info im 24 y/o, have put quite some time in this mod, and know alot of admins already whom i could ask for help in the starting phase if i got accepted(steam irc ts ).
As an admin i wouldnt be favourable to eny sides, and would judge the situations occuring the best i could and give an appropriate penalty to players if needed. furthermore i would make sure i communicate well with the players: start of with a warning, if they proceed and they get punished for breaking the rules i would clearly state why they are receiving the punishment instead of just blindly kicking/banning.
Actively checking forums ( ban section ) would also be a priority before each login.

*edit
admin experience: im ts admin on nordmen , and on the tribunal gaming community. furthermore ive admined nordmen server. (with a clean sheet, no abuse)
fluent in: english, dutch. mediocre in: french , german

Give me a chance to prove myself as an admin, and i promise i wont dissapoint.

sincerely,

rufio
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:40:03 pm by rufio »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login