Author Topic: Getting your correct banner background color  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Getting your correct banner background color
« on: January 08, 2013, 12:06:41 pm »
+1
Tired of the Byz banner and background not matching, so I figured I'd make a very simple guide to getting a proper background color.

Open your banner in photoshop or a program with similar abilities, select the "eyedropper tool", you know those waves your banner would have if it'd based on the normal banner background? Click on the upper part of those waves, the lighter part. Now, click on the new color displayed in the color picker (place which shows your colors), if you're using photoshop it'll show a color code, just copy paste that code as your banner background and you're done, if not, then go to this http://html-color-codes.info/ website. Scroll down until you reach a part entitled "HTML Color Picker", look at the numbers there, copy and paste the valid numbers from your photoshop/paint/something else color picker into this thing and once it's all written down you should get the right code to insert as your banner background as well.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
Re: Getting your correct banner background color
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 04:16:20 am »
Necro'ing kinda, but I have the color code and all but I don't know where to put it to make it show up right in game! Please help.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 07:23:52 am »
+1
If you have the ability to edit the banner section of a clan page, you go in to the banner tab and underneath the image bar is a dropdown menu for colour, just select custom and then type in the colour code. If you're just saving your banner file over top of native ones then I'm not sure there is a way to actually change what the original code is supposed to be.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:27:03 am by Canuck »

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 10:41:21 am »
If you have the ability to edit the banner section of a clan page, you go in to the banner tab and underneath the image bar is a dropdown menu for colour, just select custom and then type in the colour code. If you're just saving your banner file over top of native ones then I'm not sure there is a way to actually change what the original code is supposed to be.

Ah ok, thanks!

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 03:15:30 pm »
+1
This site is really good for that
http://imagecolorpicker.com/

You upload your banner and then just click on the pixel you want your background colour to be and it will give you the hex code.