Author Topic: Still can't run WSE2  (Read 7828 times)

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
Re: Still can't run WSE2
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 10:09:12 pm »
Nope, now there isn't even a ''crpg_beta_log.txt'' on the MB directory after crash D:::::
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 07:52:14 pm »
Still looking for help, regular cRPG is giving me stuttering fps in siege near crowds which is really annoying...

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 07:11:31 am »
I am experiencing the same difficulty.  I cannot run WSE2 anymore (as in I used to be able to run the beta client).  Crash on startup:

Windows log:
(click to show/hide)

crpg_beta_log.txt:
(click to show/hide)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 08:37:19 am »
Judging from a log after a succesful WSE2 launch, try reinstalling your GPU drivers if you already didn't. It's a long shot though.

Interestingly it doesn't even log me earlyZ shaders or whatever so theoretically I guess it could be related to your system hating some specific graphical setting you have on. You could try removing crpg_beta_config_template.ini which I guess determines various settings. I guess it'll redownload it with defaults the next time you launch if you do. Or you could just try disabling/enabling shit randomly.

Code: [Select]
[21:56:07] Loading post effect shaders (HDR: 0, DoF: 0, FXAA: 1, PP: 1)...
[21:56:08] Loaded PostFx shaders...
[21:56:08] -- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 *
[21:56:08]  - Memory: 1023 MB
[21:56:08]  - Driver Version: 9.18.13.697
[21:56:08]  - DirectX Driver Version: 9.18.13.697
[21:56:10] Loading settings...
[21:56:10] Loading resource test
...and so on

Also hilariously worth noting that the exception code may be a bit uninformative, it's 123456789 in decimal format. Though maybe cmp just has made it easily rememberable for himself. It's probably a custom exception though. ;(

On a more serious notion, at least you were able to post a log unlike the original poster. Cmp might have an actual clue about what's happening.

EDIT: My Google-fu also suggests that running as an adminstrator may help.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:49:20 am by Elmokki »

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 10:16:07 am »
ah well thanks for your suggestions but no luck so far.

Reinstalled drivers. Tried to reinstall wse2 by deleting the files locally.  After doing so I ran the launcher to install the beta client and crpg launcher complained and crashed.  Then I restored the old files and I'm nowhere.

I'll post here if I can figure out what's wrong.

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 01:22:09 pm »
Settings are apparently actually at C:\Users\Antti\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\ for me (where Antti is my username) in crpg_beta_config.ini. Not really a surprise considering the other file had template in it's name. Thus you probably didn't remove the actual settings file.

Removing the file caused an error message when starting WSE2. It did generate a new one, but something was wrong with it.

Try editing the said file to contain following at it's end:
Code: [Select]
[PostFX]
bAutoExposure=false
bDepthEffects=false
iFxaa=0
iHighDynamicRange=0 // (values: 0, 1, 2)
iPostProcess=0
...or preferably just remove any other definition of those variables and replace with that. The idea is to make a line in your log look like [21:56:07] Loading post effect shaders (HDR: 0, DoF: 0, FXAA: 1, PP: 1), or actually with all values zero to see if something related to post processing is causing the crash.

Regardless, disabling all post processing should get you a bit farther in the log at least since the [14:36:29] Loaded earlyZ shaders... step doesn't happen unless you have depth of field enabled and with the config I shared [14:36:30] Loaded PostFx shaders... shouldn't happen either. You probably crashed during the first or possibly the second of those, so well, worth trying to disable them!

Should you manage to get all the post effect shaders disabled and it still crashes, please do post the last 10 lines or so of the log if it's different!

You could also just try deleting the whole file first and if it causes a new error, restoring it and trying the other shit. The defaults it generates seem to have all post effect shaders disabled.

It'd also be interesting to know what GPU you're using.

Oh, and I can send you a .ini with the minimum possible settings if you have trouble getting the settings right. Spam my name in IRC if you want it fast(ish, it might take an hour or two for me to notice)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:52:10 pm by Elmokki »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 02:24:40 pm »
Also hilariously worth noting that the exception code may be a bit uninformative, it's 123456789 in decimal format. Though maybe cmp just has made it easily rememberable for himself. It's probably a custom exception though. ;(

It's the custom exception code that I use for error logging. It means it's not a crash but a WSE2 error, but for some reason the exception is being handled by Windows instead of my handler (that is supposed to display a message box with the error description).

For now try doing what Elmokki said in the previous post.

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 03:36:17 pm »
There were three postfx entries in that file and they appeared to be identical.  I removed them all and replaced them with the code you provided me.  It appears to have changed nothing in the log and I'm still crashing at startup.

Though, something peculiar I noticed was that the date modified on the crpg_beta_log.txt is 1/30/2013 which corresponds to the logs in the Logs folder.  The latest log entry in the Logs folder is crpg_beta_log_28.01.2013_21.09.26 (1/28/2013).  My question is, does crpg_beta_log.txt get updated so that the date modified corresponds with the last attempted launch?

Illustration:

If the answer is yes then I cannot tell you if your suggestion is getting me further in the launch because log is no longer updating. 

Just to be clear here is the code before your change:
(click to show/hide)

and here is the log after your change:
(click to show/hide)

dx diag in next post if it doesnt exceed forum limit.

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 03:39:45 pm »
dxdiag -audio and usb devices. still overkill.  :lol::
(click to show/hide)

oh and it's a sli setup.  I already tried turning it off, alternative rendering methods, etc on a whim and nothing.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:44:03 pm by Tagora »

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 03:53:10 pm »
There were three postfx entries in that file and they appeared to be identical.  I removed them all and replaced them with the code you provided me.  It appears to have changed nothing in the log and I'm still crashing at startup.

Try [PostFx] instead of [PostFX] (lowercase x).

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 04:09:34 pm »
Yeah. You still have post processing on according to those logs. What I pasted is the default code  that is in my .ini before the actual overwriting definitions (bad code, cmp!) and indeed apparently the overwriting code is with small x.

Also the log file does change on my computer. Just remove the old one and see if a new one is generated. If not, it's probably because Windows hates software trying to write in certain folders such as Program Files.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 04:23:58 pm by Elmokki »

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 04:45:45 pm »
Sorry, no changes with a lowercase x.  :(  Also no new crpg_beta_log.txt after attempting a launch.

Maybe you can send me your .ini and i'll paste that in there.

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 04:59:24 pm »
I'm not getting a log file when crashing after i reinstalled M&B and cRPG...

Ps. I'm using just HD4000 (Intel iGPU)

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 06:09:20 pm »
No log file is weird. Try installing the game somewhere else than Program Files (or any other protected folder such as Windows directory, but I guess that's obvious). You can probably just drag and drop your Mount & Blade folder even if it's a Steam installation as long as you have the launcher in the same directory (this will break shortcuts, however). It could be some retarded antivirus being retarded too. If you aren't getting updated logs, anything causing that could be the reason you have problems in the first place. I'm not sure how that would happen, but seriously, getting no logs is fucked up.

I put all the settings to minimum / disabled all special features ingame and uploaded my .ini:
http://koti.kapsi.fi/~elmokki/crpg/crpg_beta_config.ini

Remember, you don't replace the file in your Warband folder (it has different name anyway), the correct one is at C:\Users\Username\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\ or whatever your equivalent is.

But seriously, if you aren't getting logs, try installing Warband to C: root or something and disabling all antivirus crap. If your last log is from when the game worked or something that sure is dodgy and also makes debugging any non-related error a ton harder. And seeing how neither one of you is getting new log files, I bet whatever causing that is the reason it doesn't work.

Also, Tigero, next time you visit IRC, you may want to just leave it on for more than 10 minutes. I sadly can't sit in front of computer all the time :(
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 06:13:59 pm by Elmokki »

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 09:09:01 pm »
I did a full uninstall, used CCleaner registry cleaner and it gave some dx and .net thingy errors so i was sort of hopeful, reinstalled on other folder and should have guessed it, it doesn't fking work. Still not creating log file, and i had the config.ini file deleted before reinstall and it didn't create a new one so i created it myself with the data you gave and nothing.

This is fucking hopeless, nothing can explain why it almost ran the first time (got to loading textures in loading screen) but then froze and never got thru getting anything visible again...

Ps. have tried disabling AV, does absolutely nothing.

Maybe the first crash corrupted something crucial? I have reinstalled my graphics drivers since then so it shouldn't be something related to that...

Also cmp said something about that this might be because Win is handling the error, could you disable this then somehow?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:15:43 pm by Tigero »