Author Topic: How to change archery  (Read 394 times)

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
How to change archery
« on: November 27, 2012, 08:01:57 pm »
+4
My renown had been stabilizing, so it's time for some more hate:

The recent archery nerfs where unfair, since it affects all archers not just kiters, and as I've heard it wasn't enought to completely remove kiting.

I propose reverting all the latest nerfs, exept the weight on bows, while making most quivers 3 slot, all bows 0 slot, and increasing the quantity of arrows by 50%. This would ensure 1 slot for a decent melee weapon, while depriving 2 quiver builds of some shooting power. Archers then would be more likely to pull out their weapon(like they do in native) than flee.

The crapiest arrows would have the same number they have now, but would be 2 slot instead to allow hybrids, and even with 2 quivers of those there would still be room for a 0 slot weapon. No more 3 quiver builds with no weapon.

Most importantly is the armor penalty. Armor slows people down, but also reduces ranged accuracy which results in bad ballance. Archers want to be as accurate as possible, so they tend to discard armor, which is another reason to flee. Like I've suggested before, increase the weight tolerance to the ranged mechanic allow an archer to wear medium armor without ranged penalties.

This would make armored archers able to outshoot light armored archers, while being too slow to kite, and always have a decent melee weapon with them.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: How to change archery
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 09:01:59 pm »
+1
Exactly, make a medium armor archer with a sword more effective than the retarded hammer wielding pure archer in peasant clothes, not less effective like it is now.