Poll

Should these suggestions be implemented? (Please specify reason for answer)

Yes to all.
1 (10%)
Yes to some.
1 (10%)
No.
4 (40%)
Stab needs to be changed, but in different ways.
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Stab mechanics  (Read 278 times)

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
Stab mechanics
« on: November 04, 2012, 06:10:50 am »
I believe the stab nerf for two handed weapons was far too hard. I do however, agree that stabs should have a penalty to turning speed but it should not be so significant.
I also believe that this opportunity could be taken to request that all stabs changed; I request that the stab stun block should be completely removed, they do slightly increased damage (~10% below native values) and have a higher piercing factor (not sure if that is possible). Stabs should also be very fast, possibly the fastest swing but should take a long time to recover should a player miss. This would decrease the irritation of Pikes/Long spears etc but would make them more effective should they be used by a skilled player. It would also make it a more viable swing direction in fights.
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: Stab mechanics
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 07:14:49 am »
i agree that the thrust stun is a little overboard, especially when you thrust a shield and get stunned for it.  though I think 2hand stab is fine damage wise, and hoplite stab is simply a little too high in comparison.  hoplite now is basically dedicated 2hand lolstab class, but with auto blocker and 5+ higher pierce damage on most weapons.  hoplite had shield penalties reduced or removed to "compensate" for the thrust spin nerf, but everyone has since adapted to aiming so they feel overbuffed now.

I also think all weapons have stuns that activate too early and create the illusion of "instant" attacks that defy common sense, makes chambering very difficult, and frankly create nothing but unfun scenarios.  I like the change from spin stabbing to easier to land but less pivoting stabs, but it feels buggy and awkward as it currently is done.  backpedaling long polearm users make me rage more than ever before when they land nonsensical stabs, and 2handers seem to be able to spam the thrust way too much to interrupt most other attacks as well.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login