Author Topic: Archery  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
Archery
« on: October 31, 2012, 12:46:10 pm »
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Re: Archery
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 12:55:02 pm »
+9
First.

also ragepost in suggestions corner is probably not the smartest thing to do.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 12:56:34 pm »
+1
Second, i like how you talk down on the people that do the most for this mod, that make this whole mod possible.

Let this be the start of Aderyn, wielder of the red lightsaber.

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 01:38:53 pm »
IMO it's good that archers take wpf penalty from athletics, however IMO it should start from 4-5 athletics.
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 01:46:18 pm »
+9
That you're complaining is good. When ROBINHOOD complains as well I'll celebrate the patch (even though I'm not playing :mrgreen:)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 01:53:09 pm »
well 6ath and 6wm works.. problems seems to "start" from 7ath.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 02:02:29 pm »
+15
Whoever came up with this idea for archery needs to be hired by a multi million dollar gaming company, and get paid a large salary along with complimentary hookers
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 02:35:37 pm »
+9
Aderyn, rather than insulting the developers, why don't you take the time and explain what you, as a veteran archer, feel is wrong with the recent adjustments from the standpoint of game balance?

My own opinion is that these changes are good ones overall, not because I hate archers and want to see them removed from the game or some nonsense like that, but because I feel they actually bring real tradeoffs to archery. You can choose to be slow but hard-hitting, or less powerful but very fast, or something in between and have most of the possible builds be viable in their own way. To me, this is preferable to having one build (18/24) and one weapon (MW Rus Bow) absolutely dominate dedicated archery because it is objectively better than all others.

However, as I stated here (http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/is-archery-bugged-atm/15/), some additional changes should be considered. If archers who intend on being snipers rather than skirmishers are now going to have to fight in melee and will have to do it with practically no athletics, then they should have the option of using a slightly better weapon than a 40cm hammer or 52 cm hatchet. If a greatsworder can bring along a crossbow and steel bolts as his backup weapon, I see no reason that a longbowman shouldn't be allowed to bring a quarterstaff as his.

Offline AluminumMonster

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_Flying_Dildos
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 09:01:05 am »
Aderyn, rather than insulting the developers, why don't you take the time and explain what you, as a veteran archer, feel is wrong with the recent adjustments from the standpoint of game balance?

My own opinion is that these changes are good ones overall, not because I hate archers and want to see them removed from the game or some nonsense like that, but because I feel they actually bring real tradeoffs to archery. You can choose to be slow but hard-hitting, or less powerful but very fast, or something in between and have most of the possible builds be viable in their own way. To me, this is preferable to having one build (18/24) and one weapon (MW Rus Bow) absolutely dominate dedicated archery because it is objectively better than all others.

However, as I stated here (http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/is-archery-bugged-atm/15/), some additional changes should be considered. If archers who intend on being snipers rather than skirmishers are now going to have to fight in melee and will have to do it with practically no athletics, then they should have the option of using a slightly better weapon than a 40cm hammer or 52 cm hatchet. If a greatsworder can bring along a crossbow and steel bolts as his backup weapon, I see no reason that a longbowman shouldn't be allowed to bring a quarterstaff as his.

as a veteran archer id like to point out that nothing about archery was op... if you cant dodge an arrow, buy a shield?? get more IF??
like people said in other posts; if youre going to fuck up archers with negative wpf per ath point do it across the board... as far as i know, no stat lowers wpf for any other class... you can make a 39/3 2h/pole arm build and take no bad effects. where is the balance there??? how about xbow; you can have 0 wpf and still use it effectively... cant forget about that shittys that play cav; you made it when they bump people that they get bumped also. they cried so hard you changed it back cuz it made no sense. kinda like how when you shoot a bow you stand still, and when you stand still athletics has nothing to do with wpf. i know its a game, but some sort of logic should come into play.
THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"

AND I WILL SHOOT A DILDO DOWN YOUR THROAT.

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 11:04:37 am »
Archery was fine. The problem is/was that 60% of players dont have shields.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 12:45:14 pm »
Overall archery becomes slowly how it should look like. Not computerized lightly armored supermobile MBT killers but standard formation bombardment unit.
What bothers me now are xbowers whose are now ready to replace archers in their scared duty to screw other peoples game.
So I am hoping that devs will take a look on xbows also.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 10:18:03 pm »
+2
Down with Shik.

See you in either Native or WB2.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Iymore

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 104
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balamir
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 05:01:36 am »
Archery is just become slow but it's more accurate and more damaging. I just respec and if they remove atl penalty they should (MUST!!) rollback or something

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 07:57:46 am »
+4
i must say this change is not very well thought out. it hurts most of the archers in the community badly, and in the long run will make the game a boring circlejirk of rounds camping guarding your slow/stationary megadamage archers untill flags spawn.... this patch was a huge mistake, and making arrows/ bows weight way more would fix the kiting ''problem'' instantly without fuckin up the whole class... i thought crpg was about making your own build.. and having a fair chance on the battlefield. this patch is forcing archers to go for a high hitting stationary build. witch if forced to go into melee or dodge horses will do horribly just because they arent allowed the movement speed. i say again as a ''nonbiased'' player please revert this change.  (also gl in the future trying to ballance armors again , since archers will start killing highest tier armors with eaze)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:43:22 am by rufio »

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 07:48:32 pm »
+7
Whoever came up with this nerf idea about archery needs to get fired from the dev team.

That is all, thank you for your time.
Get a shield.

Makes about as much sense here as it ever does