Author Topic: 0.2.9.0  (Read 63845 times)

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
Re: 0.2.9.0
« Reply #555 on: November 04, 2012, 04:08:58 pm »
+1
I was wondering why there were so many offers for a bastard sword +3 until I noticed the stat changes.
And how!

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #556 on: November 04, 2012, 04:29:55 pm »
+1
yeh that speed buff to bastards may need some more balancing, spammers are really deadly with this one, damn fast  :shock:

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #557 on: November 04, 2012, 05:07:14 pm »
+1
Question for dev:

Repair cost of horses have been increased ?
Or maybe the frequency of repair ?

I feel I repair my damn horse every 3 round  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #558 on: November 04, 2012, 07:22:16 pm »
+3

I am sorry, I could not let this go either.

With cav you don't increase you own HP, and you either sit on something that can be oneshot by any decent build, or sit on something that feels like a supertanker, even though you have to catch powerboats that copulated with mosquitos. Either way it's a big ass target for any non-blind archer.
You can only be 1shot if you are going full speed against a german stab or greater. The stabby polearms can indeed 1shot a medium-light horse, but I doubt others can. Slowing down before lancing greatly reduces damage taken. Your horse can tank the hit for you in this situation, and you can get a free stab on someone while they are stunned from hitting your horse. Archers don't do enough damage in 1 shot unless you are rushing at them. If you don't isolate yourself against an enemy group, you won't get pelted too much.

It is very difficult for melee to be a mosquito and hit you at the same time. Even if you miss, it is easy to turn into them and at least bump them if you see the general direction where they are moving, or if you know they will try to switch directions to hit you.

Also, losing your horse automatically makes you take a nap on the ground (the longest stun in the game), long enough for some people to get 3 free hits. So when you get dehorsed you are a normal footman like every other footman except that in average you took two solid hits, so most often you are a dead normal footman.
I believe 3 hits are false, and that they can only get 2  hits at most unless you were unlucky to get kicked, too. This only occurs if you get dehorsed from a stab/ranged right in front of a melee. If you are turning/moving away when you get dehorsed, it takes an additional few seconds for the melee to reach you. At most, he can jump and swing at you. With the recent change to dead body soak hitboxes, there is a great chance for the horse to soak your hit, even if it appeared to be a direct hit at your body.

Moreover, sure you can run away with great speed, but during the century you spend accelerating, you can easily get hit and ganked.
I can only see that occurring if you turned into another melee group while escaping the previous one. While riding away from someone trying to hit you, you receive much less damage due to the massive negative speed bonus. Horses do accelerate pretty fast imo, and there is a low speed threshold before you begin to bump those close to your horse.

Not even mentioning the fact that when a human stands in front of a stopped horse, the horse cannot push the human, it's like a brick wall.
If your horse was initially at 0 speed, yes. Even so, you can slightly turn and then they get bumped once you begin to move. You can also pressure them with your lance held from getting too close. It would be silly if you can bump someone right in front of you at rest. If you get stopped, you can still stab at the person who stabbed at you, and you can get off your horse in time if you believe you can't escape. There were many times where I escaped after getting stopped and someone tried to block me, as well as horses escaping from me after I stopped them and tried to hug the horse.

Finally, the "awesome" pierce damage was already not enough to kill some archers with full speed bonus before this patch. Now it's more like "pityful".
It's pretty bad only because the lance and light lance are so much better now. I think that's an internal balance issue. I still think overall, you still deal a healthy amount of damage even with heavy lance. It's bad relative to the others, I agree.

If you try to block a lancer, you are doing it the very wrong way. No matter the attack he's planning (btw all cav moves with any horse and any build are telegraphed 2 hours before being executed), there's always a way you can dodge and hit. Things like bump-"something" are the easiest way to get killed for a cav, cause they have 0 defense while doing it. If even with a 2h you get killed by cav in duels I really don't know what is wrong with you.
The cav can goad the melee into attacking first. The cav can utilize that space in time to attack. Most of the time, the melee can block, but you can still get a bump in. The melee doesn't know when you are going to accelerate in and attack, and it is dangerous for the melee to jump at you. If you have a full health horse and can take a few hits, it can be worth it. With this slow playstyle, your horse doesn't take massive amounts of damage in 1 attack, too. 2h are limited to stabs in this case, and you can just trample over any 1h. I would not risk this against polearms too much.

btw even if I sound mad I am not that much. I abandoned cav. It is just irritating to witness such ignorance.

I am a cav melee hybrid, and it is easy to make use of the best of both worlds in this scenario. I am not the greatest cav, but getting a few kills on horse and a few on foot every round is very doable. You can choose who to attack and the general location to get dehorsed.

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #559 on: November 04, 2012, 08:05:34 pm »
+1
San you also tend to be using a destrier which can tank things if you slow down but I wouldn't do that with any horse with less armor and health. Coursers rely off the speed and wih the lance nerf they need the speed bonus for the damage. And I would never try that with my Arabian unless it was a guy with a short weapon and the chances of him killing my horse with 1 hit are far more likely than not. And Arabians don't even have the speed bonus to help them so having to stab a guy 2-3 times without him noticing is quite fun. Basically forces me to stab those archers and puny 1hs more.

In any case I was torn on using the lance and now not so much. Time to focus on 2h Cav and use my highly agile horse to sneak slashes in on peoples faces and avoid getting stabbed.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #560 on: November 06, 2012, 07:23:48 am »
+2
Did it with a Rouncey (Champion admittedly) last two days and found it even easier, probably because I'm using the faster lance now instead of heavy lance and slightly better maneuver. The slow approach just seems to work better for horse damage imo, although fast and furious tends to be more fun.

Offline Spanish

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 15, 2012, 09:01:44 pm »
+2
Decided to check if they actually posted details but nope. Oh and San I'm just taking about using a heavy lance, the lance is definitely way better for that playstyle than the heavy. Right now the heavy lance length is only worth it to me if I'm straight up jousting another lancer. But without pole wpf they can still survive the stab even with 7 ps and speed bonus. So I'm sticking to my HBS with super acceleration to catch people off guard. I actually do tank hits on the flanks of my horse when it comes to pikes so they get stunned and I can slash their face. Works pretty well unless my horse rears :/

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #562 on: November 15, 2012, 09:16:54 pm »
+1
Everyone knows what have been changed already, anyway. No need for patchnotes from chadz anymore. That's why they call him The Lazy  :)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #563 on: November 15, 2012, 10:04:56 pm »
+5
Everyone knows what have been changed already, anyway. No need for patchnotes from chadz anymore. That's why they call him The Lazy  :)

I disagree, considering how much rumor there always seems to be I DON'T think everyone knows what has been changed.  At least I don't.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 15, 2012, 11:13:47 pm »
+5
When playing inf I wouldn't be satisfied if I had to lose HP in order to kill people, same goes for cav. Using the horse to tank hits is a big no-no. Especially with the few last horses that are not sluggish as hell, you need to keep it up as much as possible, in order to tank the damage you have very little control of, like arrows and bolts.

When fighting inf I always used the slowing down-accelerating trick. But on most good players it simply doesn't work anymore because they learned how to see it coming, and the countermeasure is super simple. They just wait for your actual lance attack to begin. Furthermore, you need a lot of strikes to kill people that way and as cav it's not really acceptable, you can't stay in the same zone for too long because everybody will spot you and ranged will start shooting at you, and most targets will seek cover/support and/or start being actually aware once they've been hit.

Offline Spanish

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 16, 2012, 02:13:27 am »
+1
It's also super simple if they do that as you don't come to a complete stop so you keep your horse aimed at them and bump em. That's if they don't impale themselves on your lance while jump slashing like everybody loves to do. But what do I know I'm just a simple NA 2h Cav player who loves the speed and acceleration of the Arabian and continues to infuriate people by ghost reaching on backhand slashes. Still I like killing other Cav more than inf especially when I beat a lancer in a head on using my heavy bastard sward.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #566 on: November 16, 2012, 03:39:55 am »
+4
Still gaying it up with heavy lance and champ courser over here. No problems!
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #567 on: November 21, 2012, 12:40:12 am »
+2
Can we hope to have some item's picture in the shop one day ?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #568 on: November 21, 2012, 01:33:16 am »
+1
more players on DTV then on EU1.. go archers..

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #569 on: November 21, 2012, 01:51:16 am »
+2
more players on DTV then on EU1.. go archers..

Every archer in this mod was on DTV tonight though, I frapsed it and omg was it raining arrows haha.
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.