Author Topic: Strategus 4 FAQ  (Read 58163 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Strategus 4 FAQ
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2012, 07:16:04 pm »

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2012, 07:37:10 pm »
+1
Is there supposed to be a grace period where you cannot be attacked again for about 2 hours?

Someone said this and they were very incorrect. But it seems like a good idea.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2012, 09:19:32 pm »
Could anyone explain how setting Night time works, what it does, and how long you can set it?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2012, 09:29:52 pm »
+1
Could anyone explain how setting Night time works, what it does, and how long you can set it?
If anyone attacks you and the battle would have taken place during your night time, it gets pushed to the end of your night time.
E.g: You got nighttime from 2AM to 10 AM. Someone attacks you in the middle of the night to get an easy win (since you will probably not show up) and the battle would then start at 3 AM. The night time setting then moves the battle to 10 AM instead of 3 AM.

You can set the night time for maximum 8 hours.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:38:52 pm by Zapper »
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2012, 09:30:38 pm »
If anyone attacks you and the battle would have taken place during your night time, it gets pushed to the end of your night time.
E.g: You got nighttime from 2AM to 10 AM. Someone attacks you in the middle of the night to get an easy win (since you will probably not show up) and the battle would then start at 3 AM. The night time setting then moves the battle to 10 AM instead of 3 AM.

You can set the night time for maximum 8 hours.

Thanks for the reply :)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2012, 10:23:23 pm »
+4
The main problem with strategus is, and always has been that once you loose control of your fiefs it is almost impossible to get back into the fighting again (unless you have allies of course).  This simply has always forced people to ally together to survive, or surrender their sovereignty to a larger faction.  This is how the original Templar Bloc was built, it is how the UIF came about, and it hasn't changed since.

Once you have take control of all your opponents fiefs, its basically game over for them.  They can always go begging door to door, attempting t build up an army, but that normally results in building an alliance with those who can provide them with troops.  Lets be honest, who's going to give troops to someone who they can't call to their side later who they don't consider 'friends'.

A solution to this is to remove the 'recruitment' system and instead implement levies of some form.  Fiefs with different prosperity, size, location etc. provide different size levies.  Levying the troops from a fief for extended periods decimates the productivity but also causes discontent.  Discontent means that members of the population will be available for levying in the area at 'hideouts' by neutral players who wish to be bandits or mercenaries. 

This would allow for a distinction between 'conquest' (in which the population is destroyed, discontent is reduced and the prosperity ruined), 'raiding' (in which the population is unaffected, discontent increases sharply and prosperity is barely damaged) and 'capturing' (the population is reduced, discontent is increased and prosperity is damaged)

The challenge in strat now should be about holding onto your fiefs while expanding.  Regions that have not been ravaged by war should also have increasing discontent as the peasants clamour to regain their independence from their lords, the longer an area is at peace the more 'rebels' become available to independent clans / neutral players. 

This would allow small clans to set up near a village which has not been involved in war and gather the peasants to them in a revolt against the oppressive Lordship of the coalitions.  Castles should be the least likely to rebel, being the rightful holdings of their lord, yet discontent should be present.  Maybe small bands of young, relatively well equipped 'hedge knights' appearing and causing a bit of trouble around the area and maybe finding themselves a lord at the same time. Towns should also offer distinctive opportunities. The ability to hire mercenary forces at great expense who are well armed but in small numbers, enough to defend your caravans or attack the evil alliance forces I'm sure.

tl;dr : You should be able to get troops without holding a fief, or without having to be friends with someone who is in control.
Turtles

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2012, 10:29:57 pm »
(click to show/hide)

tl;dr : You should be able to get troops without holding a fief, or without having to be friends with someone who is in control.

1)  Wrong topic as it wasn't really a question now was it :P

2)  You already don't need a fief to recruit troops.  Recruitment happens everywhere and always at the same rate

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2012, 10:52:00 pm »
1)  Wrong topic as it wasn't really a question now was it :P

2)  You already don't need a fief to recruit troops.  Recruitment happens everywhere and always at the same rate

Although you can recruit troops without a fief, you are completely vulnerable.  You are unlikely to ever be able to match an army of a powerful alliance without fiefs and as ever whoever controls the most will eventually win.

(i realized that but didn't see the feedback thread till afterwards sorry :D)
Turtles

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2012, 02:50:53 am »
Does the TELEPORT Feature still EXIST in Strat. At the end of the third round, teleporting got removed and am wondering if it's STILL in game now.

Offline Evgen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2012, 11:07:59 am »
Army speed questions

How much does having your entire forces consisting of cavalry speed up your movement speed? Does it depend on type of horses or is "horse" just a generic speed modification? Does quality of horses affect map speed ie. does a MW horse forces move faster than a -2 one with the same type of horses in it?

What are some of other peoples army speed? (It's slow I know and terrain effects it yes)

Does having 1 or 100 soldiers (the size of your army) effect marching speed? I don't think so but I haven't paid attention to this yet.

I tried out force marching and it appears it increases my speed by about x6 but not exactly. One would think that speed would incease by x2 and last longer instead since it isn't very realistic to ask your troops to run at six times their marching speed but it's just a game of course.

How much weight can you carry before your map speed goes down and how does this calculate?

Also I noticed a small fraction of a change in speed. Could this be due to changed weight carried?

Could Devs answer to these speed questions? Thanks
So far I experience the following:
My 100 men army speed was 17.00something with number of crates below 100 (up to 65 to be more precise)
Now my 30 men army with 30 sumpter horses(-2) and 25 crates has 20.00something speed. So I have +3 speed boost only :/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:16:33 am by Evgen »

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2012, 11:30:05 am »
+3
u need more horses than troops and than crates to get that sweet sweet bonus:
this is the speed ranges from last strat3 (*these are made with 1 troop, so since we all have at least 100, we will all be a bit slower than these numbers):

Sumpter horse *1.3, (if u have crates it's 85% of the 1.3 bonus)
 Every other horse above * 1.8 (if u have crates it's 85% of the 1.8 bonus)
So without considering numbers of troops speed should look like that :

44.55            speed with more horses than troops, and equipment worn directly, without any crates
36,8              if you have more horses than crates and troops
32.5              with slow horses,
27.6              if you have more slow horses than crates and troops
25 to 22.5     with equipment worn directly (depends on the troops and weight of the equip you wear), without any crates
22                 with more horses than crates, but more troops
18.75 to 10   if you have troops carrying crates.

Offline Evgen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2012, 12:02:06 pm »
Thanks Bjarky!

Offline kopieringskatten

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2012, 01:42:27 pm »
EDIT: problem solved
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:06:05 pm by kopieringskatten »

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2012, 04:34:22 am »
Is there a way to take items off of the towncenter?

I accidently increased the price and did not want to put them on the towncenter.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2012, 05:05:23 am »
Is there a way to take items off of the towncenter?

I accidently increased the price and did not want to put them on the towncenter.

Buy them.