Author Topic: Lag due to high DL-Rate at beginning of round.  (Read 771 times)

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Lag due to high DL-Rate at beginning of round.
« on: September 09, 2012, 11:44:06 am »
I've never experienced laggs like that since yesterday. My Internetconnection doesn't allow more than 45kb/sec download and like 5kb/sec upload. But usually that's fine for playing cRPG + Teamspeak (Although on many Teamspeakservers more than 3 people talking at the same time makes me lagg no matter what, but that's another story), at least on the HRE-TS it was never a problem. But since yesterday afternoon i experience some horrible laggs after like 10 seconds, then i'd have to wait until some players are dead and hide somewhere or just simply die from cav. After those first few seconds the DL-Rate exploded to the max of ~40-45kb/sec and the more people die, the lower it gets, after like 1 minute it's back to normal, which was always about 15kb/sec. Before yesterday, it sometimes got up to 30 depending on TS-activity and the players online, but that didnt cause laggs, either.

Is there a new option implemented which could cause that? Or is the server the problem? Because i played when there was x2-exp on the new EU1 with 200 players online + Teamspeak and i had no problems with lagg at all. :<

I will test it out on the normal client this evening, to see if it's just the client, but since it never happened on the normal client before, i'd thought i post it here.

PS: I killed every program that could cause laggs, ofc.

Edit: Happens on normal client, too. It's probably that new progress-thingy, right? ._.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:52:29 pm by Fips »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Lag due to high DL-Rate at beginning of round.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 02:38:52 pm »
Was an unknown problem with servers. Fixed with a restart.