Author Topic: Guild Wars 2 Progress  (Read 23479 times)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
Re: Guild Wars 2 Progress
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 02:41:14 am »
Level 12 Norn Thief.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 04:58:29 am »
I'm close to lvl60 now, don't judge me :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 07:24:03 am »
nerds

Only lvl 18 here. Kind of dislike the fact that you have to go to other race's zones to not be underleveled. Completed Queensdale 100% (+ crafting, +100% Divinity's Reach) and I was barely lvl 15, which is the minimum for Kessex Hills and even then there was only one lvl 15 Heart, rest is all 17+...

Definitely not the best leveling flow I've seen in a game but I guess it doesn't bother me THAT much.

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 08:27:55 am »
nerds

Only lvl 18 here. Kind of dislike the fact that you have to go to other race's zones to not be underleveled. Completed Queensdale 100% (+ crafting, +100% Divinity's Reach) and I was barely lvl 15, which is the minimum for Kessex Hills and even then there was only one lvl 15 Heart, rest is all 17+...

Definitely not the best leveling flow I've seen in a game but I guess it doesn't bother me THAT much.

Hm, I did no crafting but did all the hearts in Queensdale then went to Kessex Hills at level 14, with no problems.

Maybe it just varies depending on how many events you do?

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 08:32:54 am »
Hm, I did no crafting but did all the hearts in Queensdale then went to Kessex Hills at level 14, with no problems.

Maybe it just varies depending on how many events you do?

Well I don't really repeat dynamic events that I've already gone through, maybe that's that? Would prefer going to the other zone then. If you went to Kessex at 14 I'm sure you were quickly underleveld for the events there, as there is only one lvl 15 Heart, rest is higher. I'm not having problems killing higher level mobs and stuff, it just bothers me.

Offline MadeForFighting

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Wabbajack
  • IRC nick: TrueThing
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 04:52:34 pm »
nerds

Common misconception. Hearts are not suppsoed to be the primary form of exp and finishing them all does not mean you're done with the area. The main leveling source is events, think about hearts as waypoints around the map to get you moving. Sometimes you got to repeat events, sometimes you have to run around to find some. Add collecting crafting materials, personal story...
Guild Wars is diffrent and got to get used to it. ;)

Buboes, phlegm, blood and guts! Boils, bogeys, rot and pus! Blisters, fevers, weeping sores! From your wounds the fester pours!

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 06:22:32 pm »
Common misconception. Hearts are not suppsoed to be the primary form of exp and finishing them all does not mean you're done with the area. The main leveling source is events, think about hearts as waypoints around the map to get you moving. Sometimes you got to repeat events, sometimes you have to run around to find some. Add collecting crafting materials, personal story...

I don't think it should be that way. Why can't I do all the hearts and Dynamic events along the way and get enough EXP for the next zone? I don't think I should have to look and kind of grind em to be leveled for next area.

I'm level 21 at the moment and have done 3 of the starter zones which was Norn, Asura, and Human and Half of Sylvari.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 06:52:19 pm »
260 achievements, Level 39 Ranger.

Also Mholes is about level 55ish, goddamn...

374 achievements, Level 50 Ranger

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 07:18:06 pm »
Well I don't really repeat dynamic events that I've already gone through, maybe that's that? Would prefer going to the other zone then. If you went to Kessex at 14 I'm sure you were quickly underleveld for the events there, as there is only one lvl 15 Heart, rest is higher. I'm not having problems killing higher level mobs and stuff, it just bothers me.

Well actually upon entering Kessex Hills there was a long like 4 event chain, so I did them and quickly hit level 16 as I completed most of the hearts while doing the events. Add bouncing back to the level 15 hearts I missed and then farming some more events and I was level 17 in no time.

That is probably it, I mean I do events over and over. It isn't too big of a deal though, I guess if you don't like repeating events you could just go to the other zones as you did.

There are just so many events in Kessex Hills at least that it is extremely easy just to farm them.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:21:13 pm by Voso »

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 07:39:45 pm »
Just hit level 26 with my Human Necromancer, finished exploring Brisban Wildlands and now going into Gendarran Fields to continue my main quest.
12% map completion
174 achievement points

I like the decent rewards from fully exploring places  :)

I've never had to repeat events unless by accident which only happened with 1-2 where I happened to be passing through and it counted me. Hearts + exploring + events once over is more than enough to get the xp needed for the next area.

nerds

Kessex Hills is a bit odd in that the level requirement suddenly gets a lot steeper. Once you go into the other areas from Kessex Hills it seems to be a lot more sensible. I struggled at first at Kessex and only really managed by sticking with groups to level on the harder tasks. After that I've had no trouble and the leveling requirement suddenly got a lot more consistent. I think it was levels 15-19 I struggled most to get without dying excessively so far.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:48:44 pm by Overdriven »

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 08:24:24 pm »
I killed a lvl65 world boss dragon with like 30 other people. It basically stands there while you DPS him for 45 minutes. It doesn't even attack or do any damage to you. Every 5ish minutes he spawns mobs by his feet that literally kill themselves and spews poison gas pools by his feet. The game is a ranged/cast-fest anyways so you just stand in front of him and pewpew. I guess they want you to use these turrets that's set up but they're pretty useless because they do like 700 dmg every 2 seconds while each player probably averages almost 1k a second. They also are targeted by reocurring mobs and they get destroyed easily so there's really no point in using them since they do piss for damage anyway. There's also this "mega asura cannon" that shoots at him every 10ish minutes if you waste your time defending it, when it fires it stuns him for like 2 seconds and that's it lol. A huge "epic" fight must be rewarding though right? Wrong, you get 8k XP (you get 9.5k doing heart quests) and a random crappy drop. Not even an achievement.. lol.

From what I've observed so far (lvl67 PVE only), by simplifying the game by reducing combat effects to boons/conditions and getting rid of dedicated classes it only turned the game into a mindless and huge DPS clusterfuck. This is especially true in WvW except there's a semblance of overarching strategy involved on top of the "whoever has the most numbers on + who can spam the shit out of 1234 more." I hope arena matches prove to be more dynamic but I have my doubts.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:40:01 pm by bilwit »

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 08:29:18 pm »
Just hit level 26 with my Human Necromancer, finished exploring Brisban Wildlands and now going into Gendarran Fields to continue my main quest.
12% map completion
174 achievement points

I like the decent rewards from fully exploring places  :)

I've never had to repeat events unless by accident which only happened with 1-2 where I happened to be passing through and it counted me. Hearts + exploring + events once over is more than enough to get the xp needed for the next area.

Kessex Hills is a bit odd in that the level requirement suddenly gets a lot steeper. Once you go into the other areas from Kessex Hills it seems to be a lot more sensible. I struggled at first at Kessex and only really managed by sticking with groups to level on the harder tasks. After that I've had no trouble and the leveling requirement suddenly got a lot more consistent. I think it was levels 15-19 I struggled most to get without dying excessively so far.

Also there are plenty of areas that's about the same level and you can easily try that.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 08:48:45 pm »
On behalf of Gnjus (unmute him already ffs!):

I'm plagued with constants crashes on desktop & occasional blue screens, everything is perfect in my computer, voltages, temperatures, drivers up to date, all hardware parts passing all the tests...

Anyone got similiar issues or has an idea on how to fix it?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 09:45:08 am »
Staying under leveled is the only way to play IMO. At least then the PVE combat is a bit dicey and hard. I tend to go for places 10 levels higher but I've got to go on a lumber jack and bronz binge because of this stupid market being stupid down! STUPID!

@Billy - Crafting so far has been the easiest way to power level for me. Once I hit 75 skill on huntsman and 75 on leather working I should boost a shit load of levels in a couple min :P I'm sitting on well over 300 of each of the 75+ crafting essentials for both those skills and I've got a couple of boosts to give me about 150% xp boost from crafting so... shits going to get retarded, wololo.

I do agree though, most of the time it's just a shinny rainbow of bullshit. I'm enjoying the main quest chain, it's not the best written gaming experience I've ever had but it's not awful, and I'm used to awful being the default mode for MMO "stories". Playing a Human Theif and doing the Whispers guild quest chain yeilds some funny moments.

I'm digging the thief I like ninjering about and in wvw I kill anyone I catch on there own, I love going invisible and being a complete douche :D Had a great one the other day where as my team rounded a corner I through down an invisiblity buff for the team and then powered out into the open and 4 dudes came chasing after me back intot the buff. I vanish, then the buff goes down and I'm standing there with 10 people, needless to say they got pwned :D

That said most of the time lag wipes me out in wvw, I'm squishy and I need to be able to dodge and have some semblance of timing to my dodges and attacks so the lag mixed with the cluster fuck "every dude with ranged is spewing movement cripling debuffs" resaults in me basically just running around picking off weak targets.

wvw can best be sumerisied for me with the line "run away!"

@gnjus ditch the short bow and go for duel pistols, unfortunatly the bow becomes awful rather quickly where as the pistols combo well with the thiefs over arching set of skills and shit, and it's fun going pewpewpewpewpewpewpew.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 10:15:53 pm »
Asura necromancer, finally got to 80 :)