Author Topic: 0.289 released  (Read 40974 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: 0.289 released
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 11:35:57 pm »
+1
Basing it upon the fact that 1h is the most common medieval style of combat, along with the spear. 2h came about as a counter to pole based squad tactics. It would also increase teamwork due to the limited range of combat of 1h weapons. Shields are NOT duelists(with shield at least).  It would also make poles the pre-eminent  support weapon. Cav would be REAL good with this change(especially 1h cav) and 2h would loose their supreme versatility.

I dunno what game you play dude, strength build shielders with blunt or pierce weapons dominate every Strat siege I've been in, 2-3 shotting heavy infantry with ease.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 11:39:10 pm »
+6
PLEASE let the AI buy something better than normal arrows and long bows then. I didnt respecced to archer for strat, i respecced to archer because it's fun, don't nerf it to the ground again, that's what makes me stop playing archer in the first place =(

You know 200% speed will make high level archers very...well OP? For example, Blast the Grey draws that Rus Bow like it's a Horn bow now as it is, 200% speed will make that speed for many archers just fkkn insane. AI castle defending archers are pretty much fucked then anyway, the difference between loomed archers and unloomed are very huge.

However, let's just see how this works out, i'm not quite sure this will be a good solution to nerf archers in strat.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2012, 11:44:40 pm »
I'm playing on EU_New_1 and everyone's level is 0 or similar, so nobody can pick up things lying on the ground.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2012, 11:46:00 pm »
The respawn timer increase sounds like a bad idea imo... attacking in a strat battle is already a huge pain in the ass, this is gonna make it nearly impossible  :cry:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2012, 11:46:41 pm »
yes stats are bugged i have 0 WPF in archery and 0 Power draw but im 3 hitting tin cans and 1 hitting horses.

my cross hair is massive and my bow is slower than a long bow. but im doing so much damage.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2012, 11:49:11 pm »
I dunno what game you play dude, strength build shielders with blunt or pierce weapons dominate every Strat siege I've been in, 2-3 shotting heavy infantry with ease.

that's a problem with strength and the fact that agi is useless. If they patch and fix strength and agi. I'm sure things will be different.

haven't seen 1h dominate. It's always been archers/xbows. Name a few and I might say Yea ok never saw them.

Personally, i've done well as cav or xbow. 1:1 or slightly better as 2h and shittiest as 1h. Then ofcourse i played 1h back before the price change and massive plate crutching.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2012, 11:51:49 pm »
I'm playing on EU_New_1 and everyone's level is 0 or similar, so nobody can pick up things lying on the ground.

EU1 Server seem to have crash just a few minutes ago and after rejoin my stats are all 0 too. It feels faster than my normal build though, must be some random stats.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2012, 12:02:38 am »
+1
that's a problem with strength and the fact that agi is useless. If they patch and fix strength and agi. I'm sure things will be different.

haven't seen 1h dominate. It's always been archers/xbows. Name a few and I might say Yea ok never saw them.

Personally, i've done well as cav or xbow. 1:1 or slightly better as 2h and shittiest as 1h. Then ofcourse i played 1h back before the price change and massive plate crutching.

Dude, your suggestions are just mad.
Strat battles feel pretty well balanced atm, I can play there with every class nearly equally good (depending on
gamemode for shure)
Your stalinic methods to make players play what you think they should play and how they should play are laughable shit.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Mike_of_Kingswell

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • If a guy looks dangerous he probably is.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell
  • IRC nick: MikeOfKingswell
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2012, 12:06:21 am »
+3
(click to show/hide)

Tomas sums it up good for me!

WHY would you change archerys in strat from archery in crpg?

Makeing archers use up their arrows faster by makeing them shoot like machineguns? Sounds not like a good idea. And what if you dont have a weapon rack? suiciding archers all over the place?

Why is it always archery that gets fucked up?!
In memory of Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell, member of The Coalition of Fallen and HRE, ruler of Ismirala Castle

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2012, 12:06:35 am »
+5
lol best battle out of 3 was for the village, the one without any changes to archery
1st mode of fast shooting looked stupid and also was very weak, archers was useless
when UIF looks at you

Offline Plavor

• Baron
  • Renown: 83
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Yoshis are dragons, not dinos!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Plavor
  • IRC nick: Plavor
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2012, 12:09:19 am »
Xbow was also dead..

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2012, 12:10:23 am »
(click to show/hide)

Ok then why not make critques and say stuff. chadz made a change to archers(server nerf) on strat. If they can ONLY change classes on strat, why NOT try and come out with something that is truly balanced for strat.

and, I don't know about you, but armies in nothing but plate, with top tier 2h and 1h and sheilds isn't balanced, it's bullshit. If gear used IS changed(which it will be), why not balance along a certain average class.

I'm good at all classes even without wpf. It's just because of the gear in strat battles.

Also FYI, spears and 1h/sheild should be the most common classes while 2h's much smaller. Of ranged, xbows should be much better in defence than offence and bows should be better on the feild. With the change to bows, bows become much better in field battles vs the xbows and in siege...well we shall see....
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 12:15:44 am by Lt_Anders »

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2012, 12:23:36 am »
+6
if you let archers clump together to have the same damage as normal with the same accuracy as normal but with 2x the fire rate... its not going to be a nerf at all.

for balancing ranged in strat... if the goal is to make weapon racks and such very important for archers, then why not just reduce the amount of arrows per stack in strat, but otherwise leave it alone? (as in normal damage/accuracy/speed but less ammo)

also, for the increased respawn timer... i would say add 1 second per death and then cap it at 20-30 seconds. punishing those who run off an die all the time is all well and good, but if everyone is waiting around for minutes to respawn in longer matches then itll get boring in a hurry... also, slowing respawn may require an adjustment to the time limit of battles since it will become harder to kill people fast enough.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2012, 12:30:52 am »
The idea is to make archers stay on groups, allowing sheild wall advances and cavalry mop-ups of lone archers to be much easier, severly nerfing the lone archer and encouraging team play :)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2012, 12:32:03 am »
Also, if you count a standard siege. It's 2k vs 2k for castles, cities and GOOD battles is 1k verus 1k. If 50 players all die in equal amounts thats 20 average deaths and 80 second respawn just for a 1k strat battle. At the end of the battle, you'll have who ever can kill the most first win cause the other team won't be able to reinforce AT ALL.

Also, sheild wall? Other than Hosp and the last kutt versus FPF i haven't seen a huge amount of 1h/sheild. Mostly archers now :( :?