Author Topic: Profit in Christianity  (Read 6346 times)

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
Re: Profit in Christianity
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2013, 01:57:24 am »
most common misconception is believing there are more than one religion.

god doesnt update his former religion. the main concept is always the same which is about the poor.

muslims today are nothing more than the ones they are critisizing, jews and christians.

until i see some logic in this thread i wont write any more.

now please continue on with the existance of god or my religion is better than you disscussions.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2013, 10:17:39 am »
+2
God is a useless hypothesis to understand, explain and live in the World...

In the begining there qas no believers...then, ancient humans imagined a little god in each thing (animism for exemple)... later in history they believed in polytheism (god of sun, god of night, god of goats, god of kitties etc...)... later more they said : There one god above the little ones (Aegyptians)...and more later they call that monotheism (only one god but in fact 3 in chritianism : Father, Son and Monster spaghetti)...

The world doesn't change, humanity doesn't change... next century they will say another shit above omnipotent bearman above them with stupid laws to follow to be "in the mood" with him...

With no religion (I don't talk about spirituality but religion with rules to manage your own life) pple will be free and more happy because it will be the end of lies...

Sorry for bad english but your gods didn't give me the power of multilanguage... Is it the proff that It doesn't exist (It = God)
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2013, 04:25:20 pm »
Your agnostic viewpoint isn't anything new either, unfortunately it's kind of hard to have fanatics and passion for something as vague as spiritual anarchism. It's not exactly a banner to rally around. It's too individualistic. It's much easier to manipulate people and whip them into a frenzy by "othering" those who do not believe exactly as they do. Humanity doesn't change, yeah, which is why the agnostic viewpoint will always be a minority.

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2013, 08:39:17 pm »
Just because the Bible has the word 'Creationism' means it's bullshit, and don't try to justify that by saying it's a godly interpretation of the way people thinked about everything. Since then the 'word of God' has been manipulated to fit a bit more intelligent humans but still there's enough those who don't get the point of evolution and other facts (They haven't watched enough good Youtube videos :D ) to keep religions alive.

I guess it's good for some to live in false hope and do good because you fear to go to Hell and not because what good it causes to others and brings to you but religions still have made more suffering than happiness...

And this is getting real OT but that's how religion debates go  :rolleyes:

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline donib

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow money, slow problems
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Donib
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2013, 10:04:57 pm »
Well that comes from a lack of knowledge, imo, you just hear the world bible and it is already bs for you.

Very simpel said: Muhammad saws was the final prophet, he got revelation from God, not in one instance but over a course of ca 20 years. How do i know this? That is history, there are reports, sources, people, witnesses. And all say, Muhammad was indeed a prophet of God, if you have a problem with this, bring your proof he was not a prophet and what he preached was falsehood. However no one today has managed to do this yet. The Quran revelations were always revealed during important events or moments, not just randomly.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2013, 02:53:29 pm »
+3
Well that comes from a lack of knowledge, imo, you just hear the world bible and it is already bs for you.

Very simpel said: Muhammad saws was the final prophet, he got revelation from God, not in one instance but over a course of ca 20 years. How do i know this? That is history, there are reports, sources, people, witnesses. And all say, Muhammad was indeed a prophet of God, if you have a problem with this, bring your proof he was not a prophet and what he preached was falsehood. However no one today has managed to do this yet. The Quran revelations were always revealed during important events or moments, not just randomly.

prophets, revelations from gods, "reports, sources, people, witnesses"... omg... just stop...

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline donib

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2013, 03:06:42 pm »
And there is the fundamental problem

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 03:11:04 pm »
Yes, your ignorance is fundemental.

God created the universe then out of billions of plantes chose ours, then waited millions of years, and then revealed his secret to an iliterate peasent.

Totally legit

Offline donib

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2013, 03:14:30 pm »
+1
So much personifications to the concept of God, suit yourself, i didnt come to preach my religion here, everyone has his own right to choose his own religion/way of life. Like the Quran says:

109:6
"lakum dinukum waliyadin"

To you your religion, to me mine.

Ps:

dont expect me to come back to this, i dont want this discussion.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2013, 03:15:49 pm »
Quran says "hills are on earth by godwill to avoid it to cramble"... lol... Seisms are ESPECIALLY in mountains... Quran is full of bullshit (like bible)...end of story.... No divine book =no god = no prophet = no religion...

Problem solved
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2013, 04:00:51 pm »
+1
I find it particularly hilarious when religious people look at their holy books and pretend they discovered truths about the world long before science. I've seen interpretations of the bible and the quran so ridiculously dishonest, suggesting those who wrote them had knowledge of advanced biology/genetics or astronomy or mathematics and that all science did was confirm their wisdom. Look at shitty propaganda sites like this one for example http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/index.php
Arabs at the time of Mohammed were, let's be honest, a shitty backward culture compared to literally every other culture surrounding them, the Egyptians, the Persians, the Byzantines, the Levantines who all had libraries, universities, philosophers compared to...what, in the Arab peninsula? Tribal clan chiefs and polytheistic religious orders recently conquered by another tribal clan chief that happened to have a monotheistic religion. The Islamic Golden Age happened because all those advanced cultures that had been around for centuries got melded into one (very briefly) and that allowed more sharing of knowledge. The great centers of Islamic knowledge were centered on Egypt, Persia, Baghdad, Andalusia, Northern India and many others, never in the Arabian peninsula. And the decline of scientific advancement in the Islamic regions can arguably be linked to philosophical choices like deciding that all truth was supposed to be derived from the Quran, as opposed to a much more free-form curiosity only tangentially linked to God and religion that allowed all of the progress to be made.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 04:13:50 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2013, 05:15:17 pm »
I think the point with the Quran and scientific notions is more that they followed the Quran as a religious text sent to Mohammed by God and only later it was found that there was some scientific backing for a lot of the rules. For instance, not eating swine. Arguably, scientifically, that can be because pigs eat all sorts of crap, leading to build up of harmful substances in their bodies and thus when you consume it, it is passed on to us. Something that is now taught in all high school biology with any animal in relation to fertilisers ect.

It depends what view you take. Were they aware of this at the time? Or is some higher power just telling them not to eat it and Muslims don't know why but they don't because it tells you not to.

Regardless I've read the majority of the Quran and in relation to the bible it's a lot more sensible and logical and to the point. I also believe it to be incredibly applicable to all cultures and I will always maintain that the problem arises with the creation of the Hadith which have entirely skewed large amounts of Islamic thinking and apply rules and regulations which don't even arise in the Quran. I suggest people read up on the Hadith as many Muslims follow that more than they do the Quran, wrongly so.

As to Pepe...I was doing some reading about that particular point in the Quran. Mountains as stabilisers between the Earth's plates. It's quite amusing to see two views at extreme opposites:
Pro: http://www.quranandscience.com/earth/231-the-mountains-as-stabilizers-for-the-earth.html

Against: http://www.islam-watch.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=229:mountains-are-extraterrestrial-the-quran&catid=68:mumin&Itemid=58

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2013, 05:30:29 pm »
Like the Quran says:

9:11
Airhalamplanah, shush shush, Allahu Akbar!, balamboom balabim.

Btw. this video (and the other prank calls, like Heimskr calls christian hotline) is actually really funny and ironic...  :mrgreen:

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2013, 06:30:14 pm »

As to Pepe...I was doing some reading about that particular point in the Quran. Mountains as stabilisers between the Earth's plates. It's quite amusing to see two views at extreme opposites:
Pro: http://www.quranandscience.com/earth/231-the-mountains-as-stabilizers-for-the-earth.html

Against: http://www.islam-watch.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=229:mountains-are-extraterrestrial-the-quran&catid=68:mumin&Itemid=58

LOL.... first link is funny...
just look at this :

sismic location

mountains location :

Who can really know that ? "Muhammad (pbuh) is His final Messenger. In an authentic saying, this noble profit is quoted to have said that: “When Allah created the Earth it started to shake and jerk, then Allah stabilized it by the mountains”.

Holy book are just books... no holy...
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2013, 06:39:48 pm »
Pepe the first link doesn't deny that areas with mountains created between two plates are high in seismic activity. Quite the opposite. You'd be daft to claim anything other than that. The claim is instead to do with continental drift. They are claiming that the deep roots of the mountains (Ok I can kind of go with that), stabilise the shift of the continents. As in, early Earth saw massive movement over millions and millions of years, from Pangaea to how they are now. The mountains, they particularly point to that of the subcontinent and the Himalayas serve to help reduce the shift that early Earth was subjected to.

Now I haven't had time to go over any of that properly (Dwarf fortress lol) but I'm simply saying stop pointing out seismic activity as proof against what they are saying  :P