Author Topic: Profit in Christianity  (Read 6327 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Profit in Christianity
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 11:48:40 pm »
I think that is why the Jews were the first banker.

And that's why christians hated jews so much   :wink:

I have read Quran twice and the Bible

Seems like you've wasted hell lot of time. I like fantasy books too, but Quran and Bible are rather... mediocre, at most. I would recommend you some other fantasy books. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Germanicus

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 01:18:59 am »
They could not lent money to other people with a profit(interest) I think that is why the Jews were the first banker.
I'm not sure though

i thought the first bankers were the templars?
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else." - Winston Churchill

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 01:21:59 am »
religion is a lie simple as that  bunch of made up people in every so called religion. Some people just want to belive in something and hope that god will save and help them instead of moving their ass and doing things for themselves
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 06:52:23 am »
+1
religion is a lie simple as that  bunch of made up people in every so called religion. Some people just want to belive in something and hope that god will save and help them instead of moving their ass and doing things for themselves

Chuck Norris is a christian. Do you dare to say you know better than CHUCK NORRIS? If there was no God before him, than he freaking roundhousekicked us one.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 03:25:04 pm »
Did you know that the guy who watches over the key of the holiest church of Christianity is a Muslim?

The certain streams in Christianity were always fighting about who should keep the key to the Church in Jerusalem. At some point they decided that they would need a neutral person to watch over it: a Muslim.

A nice example that there is a way to just live together w/o fighting.

Didn't know that. And youtubed it. There's a documentary about it. So cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCXNF2lxK2g

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 03:33:25 pm »
+3
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 09:21:34 am »
+1
Well said Pepe.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 10:20:49 am »
+1
just leaving this here:
(click to show/hide)
I do not know nor claim to know about God, if there is any (and if there is, why only one), or if there is not.
I am agnostic and, since there is nothing I can do unless she/he/they let me know, so I will live as if there is nothing after here. Just in case, you see, if there is something, I will welcome it, if there is not, well, I have at least not lived expecting that, and I will not know it anyway as I will be dead...

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 12:04:17 pm »
just leaving this here:
(click to show/hide)
I do not know nor claim to know about God, if there is any (and if there is, why only one), or if there is not.
I am agnostic and, since there is nothing I can do unless she/he/they let me know, so I will live as if there is nothing after here. Just in case, you see, if there is something, I will welcome it, if there is not, well, I have at least not lived expecting that, and I will not know it anyway as I will be dead...

What if that said God find your lack in faith without having to prove itself foolish?.

Offline Moncho

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2012, 12:31:27 pm »
What if that said God find your lack in faith without having to prove itself foolish?.
In that case he is not worthy of being God. If he just set it up and got the machine going without taking part, how is this god any good at all?
And if he can take part, in which case I would like to know it, and it does not need to be much, just some sort of acknowledgment.

On the other hand, if there really is a God and he requires some sort of unconditional worship, usually people require it when they are not sure of themselves, but this God requires it... Then I think he might not be as perfect as we paint him, and if he is not, why bother calling him God?

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 09:47:32 am »
+2
In that case he is not worthy of being God. If he just set it up and got the machine going without taking part, how is this god any good at all?
And if he can take part, in which case I would like to know it, and it does not need to be much, just some sort of acknowledgment.

On the other hand, if there really is a God and he requires some sort of unconditional worship, usually people require it when they are not sure of themselves, but this God requires it... Then I think he might not be as perfect as we paint him, and if he is not, why bother calling him God?

Might like this quote then (which might be overused but its still good) by Marcus Aerelius.

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

Offline Moncho

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 12:04:38 pm »
Might like this quote then (which might be overused but its still good) by Marcus Aerelius.

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
Yeah, had seen it before, mostly what I was trying to say but with better wording :P

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 01:30:10 am »
If somebody is profitting, then that means the other ones losing because there's a certain amount of money. I have read Quran twice and the Bible and i see the same "religion".

That was also, what Proudhon said. Strange isn't it?

You see the same religion?

Matthew 5:39   "But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]."

...And in contrast we have:

Quran 9:5 "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

Quran 9:14 "Fight them, Allah will punish them by your hands and bring them to disgrace..."

I think perhaps you need to re read those books you say you have. This is just an example of the many comparisons that could be made.

And as for so called Christians making profit:

John 2:16 "And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise." -Jesus

And here we have Paul talking about the end times and what I believe is a condemnation of the many profiting in name only Christians:

2 Peter 2:3 "And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."

I would just like to say that it seems you are struggling with what book or religion to believe. I would suggest not looking at men as we are all corruptible and instead study what is being preached. I believe you will find as I have one book preach's love, forgiveness and hope while the other is death, revenge  and destruction.

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 02:00:36 am »
It was forbiden the usury http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usury  and it should be now

making money only with money should be penalized with jail in my opinion

and what the templars did was not banking as we think it now like loans . It was more a protection for moving the money, a kind of Western Union of the old ages.
My fridge is my shield

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2012, 06:31:36 pm »
I believe that all religions are saying the truth. I also believe (literally) what is written in all sacred books. Even a one man religion I will believe. Just imagine what my world is like.

Ok this is just for actually religious people to think of the incoherence of their belief system.

Also, afaik all of the christian/jew/islam religions banned rent as a professional activity just as firmly as the other. But also, most of the laws did not forbid to do it with people of other religions. Hence why many jews became bankers in christian and muslim lands.

Ad1no : you know very well there are a lot of very violent stories and preachings in the bible. Or if you don't, well... Also some parts of Quran are in favour of open mindedness, almost free inquiry-ish at times, things which I don't see in the bible.

But whatever, those books are bullcrap anyway. Especially considering the staggering number of people today that still read them like a cooking recipe.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:37:13 pm by Kafein »