Poll

What class did you respec to?

1h
1hcav
2h
2hcav
pole
polecav
melee (1:1:1 build aka max all melee wpf)
archer
ha
xbow
hx
throwing
horsebundle of sticksree
other hybrid

Author Topic: [Fallen] - The Fallen Brigade - (Recruiting Eu) - We are 3 years old!  (Read 123563 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: [Fallen] - The Fallen Brigade - (Recruiting Eu/NA) - new poll weekly
« Reply #660 on: October 24, 2012, 08:14:59 am »
+1
I think that RP aside, it was mean spirited and indecent of Smoothrich to send Bubba to factions he doesn't like. Then had Bubba to tell people who sent him, knowing that it was reason enough to not be accepted for fear of being a spy. It's one thing to hate each other in the game and in strat, but you've lost it when you involved someone who's new to the game and is genuinely asking for help and guidance. You are in essence, destroying his cRPG experience by using him as a pawn in your weird hatred against other factions. I used to think that the general low opinion of Smoothrich's worth as a person was due to RP or war stance, but after this move, I can't help but agree with them.

Yes I truly am a monster for giving a kid, who asked for clans he could apply to, a bunch of teamspeaks and seeing if any would accept him despite being a younger kid!  And letting Tears know in advance I was gonna send a younger player to Fallen's TS to see if they'd got along (and he was pretty happy for a while) was simply a deplorable act.

I suppose the decent thing to do to the next person asking me for clans would be to ban them from Teamspeak and leave it at that?
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #661 on: October 24, 2012, 09:37:20 am »
+6
Yes I truly am a monster for giving a kid, who asked for clans he could apply to, a bunch of teamspeaks and seeing if any would accept him despite being a younger kid!  And letting Tears know in advance I was gonna send a younger player to Fallen's TS to see if they'd got along (and he was pretty happy for a while) was simply a deplorable act.

I suppose the decent thing to do to the next person asking me for clans would be to ban them from Teamspeak and leave it at that?

Troll harder Smooth, troll harder. Not only taking audible enjoyment out of it but also deliberately sabotaging him by saying "and tell them 'Smooth sent you'" says a lot all by itself especially with you laughing so much when you reached the "and tell them" part. You know perfectly well that by hearing your name the hospies would automatically react with less disposition then usual. You could have handled that a lot better but chose not to.

Say what you want though, we gave him an honest and fair chance, and I don't see you publicly shitposting about denial of applications in the other clans that he was rejected from, just us. Just have to take a poke at the FB again, right? You have an interesting obsession with us, I don't know whether to be flattered or disturbed in all honestly, no wonder you and Badplayer/hellowrold got along so well  :rolleyes:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 24, 2012, 10:06:21 am »
+4
Yes this obsession with us is rather disturbing. I wonder what we did that hurt him so badly.

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #663 on: October 24, 2012, 10:26:05 am »
Do you have to be an asshole to join Bashimy old friendouks, or is it just prefered?

problems, abay?

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #664 on: October 24, 2012, 10:31:36 am »
+5

Fallen:  Only Evil Allowed (as long as you are 18+)  sad days for the youth of cRPG
actually, 18+ is not required. We have quite a few members who are or have joined when they were only around 16 years old, showing great amount of maturity. I think the youngest we have had was like 14 or something (Gawin). :D
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #665 on: October 24, 2012, 09:31:11 pm »
+6
I heard you guys rejected bubba, he was very disappointed.  Now he's been kicked, banned, or turned down from Hospitallers, Fallen, Remnant, Kutt, and just a few minutes ago he lost a duel against Cyranule and failed to join BRD.

Fallen:  Only Evil Allowed (as long as you are 18+)  sad days for the youth of cRPG

Just to be clear here, the Fallen Brigade is not an 18+ clan.  We do recognize the importance of maturity though, as too much chatter on TS3 can interfere with tactics, squad communication, and may even drive some players to not join TS3 when they play (which is a requirement for us).  We have also had some great success stories with younger players, like Gawin, who went on to take on important roles in clan leadership and even command strategus battles.  The Brigade is a meritocracy and we do not set artificial barriers.  Player skill is also not important to us in applicants.  Anyone can be trained into a decent fighter, we just want to make sure that the players we accept mesh well with our members.  Younger players may be more strictly scrutinized during the application process but we do encourage all to apply. 

Of course, anyone who smells of Smoothrich will be automatically denied though...

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #666 on: October 24, 2012, 09:42:01 pm »
+7
And of course, some ability to troll responsibly is looked for in incoming recruits.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #667 on: October 24, 2012, 09:44:09 pm »
+2
Just so everyone knows, the fallen brigade doesn't care how old someone actually is. They just want their members to be mature despite their age. Age is just a number afterall. They even have some younger members who have been really mature, including their youngest at 14.

Or so I've heard.

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Smiling Daemon

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 24, 2012, 10:01:18 pm »
+1
I haven't seen you on the server lately Voso. Come and duel my new 2H character.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 24, 2012, 10:44:27 pm »
+3
Well I simply don't have a clue what clans do or don't have age restrictions or anything and simply told him to try Fallen out, along with FCC and Hospitallers.  Any other clans he found on his own, though I still see him around on nditions.  After all, Chaos took Kreczor in, so bubba would be an upgrade.  Too bad Haven isn't around still.

Merely speaking with a higher pitched voice is enough to get a lot of people or clans to just endlessly troll you about being a stupid bundle of sticks child, and I think its cool that Fallen at least gave him a shot (I have noticed him being a bit annoying during Strat battles and the like anyways.) 

I have to admit I am entertained by bubba, but was genuinely disappointed he didn't become Fallen_bubba.  It felt like an orphan who finally found people who loved him the night before, only to be shipped back off to the halfway home to go back to being molested and shooting heroin, forever alone.  Just a sad story all around.

Adopt A Bubba Today!
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 24, 2012, 11:46:34 pm »
+4
Mortemer has secret druzhina intel guys!

<Mortemer> EUHILLAC: Silly vovka and his minions xd.
<EUHILLAC> mortemer who is vovka?
<Mortemer> EUHILLAC: Vovka is the never ending brainfart on their "enemy" list.
<EUHILLAC> what

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #671 on: October 25, 2012, 12:02:36 am »
+1
I haven't seen you on the server lately Voso. Come and duel my new 2H character.

I haven't played in a couple months. Was on for a bit today though!

Smiling as 2h? I will have to fight you.

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #672 on: October 25, 2012, 01:21:33 am »
+4
(click to show/hide)

That post makes me sad.  I know there used to be a few clans that were primarily younger gamers, but those clans don't seem to be around anymore.  If there are still such clans around I'd love to refer people who perhaps don't fit in with our clan.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 25, 2012, 07:32:03 am »
+8

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Smiling Daemon

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 25, 2012, 04:57:17 pm »
+2
Savaris got attacked by Hero party in the desert. Please sign up if you can, it's a little early for NA so most of us are still at school / work. He actually has gear and lots of goods.

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=1002