Author Topic: Rome II General Info Thread  (Read 124948 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Rome II General Info Thread
« Reply #1500 on: March 30, 2014, 02:31:54 pm »
+1
I haven't even played Rome 2 since 27.9.2013 according to Steam

This : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185988641&searchtext=   (Total overhaul mod, strong points: arcade/action)
Or that : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=206186932&searchtext=   (Total overhaul mod, strong points: simulation/strategy)

Should definitely help you  :mrgreen:

Also recently, the G.E.M. (graphical enhancement mod) which improves the graphic quality a lot, without using performance (and sometimes increasing it), can be used with the steam overlay (couldnt talk with steam friends nor take screenshots before). To download here : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187199741&searchtext=

Examples of Native/G.E.M. screenies:

Different filters:
(click to show/hide)

Difference between extreme native and extreme G.E.M.:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 03:10:04 pm by Butan »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: March 30, 2014, 04:36:56 pm »
+3
Double post of death, GEM screenshot again  :mrgreen:  seasons on the campaign map

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #1502 on: March 31, 2014, 09:44:21 pm »
+1
Trees are moving !  :o

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 01, 2014, 03:12:53 pm »
The whole TPY dialogue is stupid

a plain 4TPY mod only make character die of old age slower, at the cost of the ingame date being inaccurate (which essentially means fuck all, but CA value it more than anything else apparently)

all you need to do to resolve the issue without unwanted side effect is approach it more directly; give us characters are a younger age, and have them naturally live to a ripe old age (all those olives n shit)

I would think this is fucking obvious, and only reason why it hasn't been modded is because we can't. And CA are being retarded. But maybe i'm wrong I'll keep an eye out doing alot of modding in assembly kit atm.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: April 01, 2014, 05:53:35 pm »
The whole TPY dialogue is stupid

a plain 4TPY mod only make character die of old age slower, at the cost of the ingame date being inaccurate (which essentially means fuck all, but CA value it more than anything else apparently)

all you need to do to resolve the issue without unwanted side effect is approach it more directly; give us characters are a younger age, and have them naturally live to a ripe old age (all those olives n shit)

I would think this is fucking obvious, and only reason why it hasn't been modded is because we can't. And CA are being retarded. But maybe i'm wrong I'll keep an eye out doing alot of modding in assembly kit atm.

You mean making them "come of age" at 12-15 like in some Med II mods, and die at 80+ ? Well, thats a solution, but I very much prefer 4TPY+seasons and realistic movement range.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: April 01, 2014, 10:47:35 pm »
i dont get why people still complain about rome 2

surely DEI has solved everything at this point ... ?
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: April 02, 2014, 09:01:24 am »
I really like alot of the ideas of DEI but the actual thing was really disapointing to me; ie campaign is super slow, troops roster is alot of duplicate units and bad balance.

I will definitely keep an eye on updates for DEI, but for now I prefer native. I even made my own pretty big mod yesterday. I think I can do a better job of balancing units and faction rosters than CA or any mods I've tried. So thats what I'm doing, its hard work but kind of satisfying and worth it for personal use alone.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244683441

let mew know what you think if you wanna try it.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: April 02, 2014, 02:04:33 pm »
+2
Trees are moving !  :o

They have business with the orcs.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: April 02, 2014, 02:07:24 pm »
+1
I really like alot of the ideas of DEI but the actual thing was really disapointing to me; ie campaign is super slow, troops roster is alot of duplicate units and bad balance.

Super slow is good for you  :P  you say this because you are corrupted by native neck-breaking speed! Relax and enjoy as the seasons passes and you see empires crumbles around you. And watch your men fight it out instead of soldiers cutting through armors and shields like in movies!

On unit roster copy/paste troops, well there is some in DeI, but way less than in native... All of them have at least a different name/appearance (to represent the cultural difference), most of them have different special abilities (for example a unit who can hide in forest/scrubs, another who cannot but has the parthian shot) and also a different unit stat here and there to account for a small difference in strength or whatever, not to add that they have different recruitment cost/upkeep to incent or discourage from employing many of them.

The roster size has been nearly doubled for major factions and smaller factions which have been focused by DeI (some are still waiting to be overhauled), and new factions have been made playable with a vanilla-like roster (small and tasteless) + some interesting units.

Now, the balance is very different than in vanilla : they chose to keep it "historical", meaning that factions that did very well in history because of the strength of their army are represented by strong units.
Its no longer a every faction have lots of all-around units. Ahistorical units were removed, weak units/poorly represented units has been nerfed, some all-around stays and form the staple, and strong/key elements of faction have been buffed (elite units are army-capped so it stays limited).

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 02, 2014, 06:37:45 pm »
+1
Super slow is good for you  :P  you say this because you are corrupted by native neck-breaking speed! Relax and enjoy as the seasons passes and you see empires crumbles around you. And watch your men fight it out instead of soldiers cutting through armors and shields like in movies!

On unit roster copy/paste troops, well there is some in DeI, but way less than in native... All of them have at least a different name/appearance (to represent the cultural difference), most of them have different special abilities (for example a unit who can hide in forest/scrubs, another who cannot but has the parthian shot) and also a different unit stat here and there to account for a small difference in strength or whatever, not to add that they have different recruitment cost/upkeep to incent or discourage from employing many of them.

The roster size has been nearly doubled for major factions and smaller factions which have been focused by DeI (some are still waiting to be overhauled), and new factions have been made playable with a vanilla-like roster (small and tasteless) + some interesting units.

Now, the balance is very different than in vanilla : they chose to keep it "historical", meaning that factions that did very well in history because of the strength of their army are represented by strong units.
Its no longer a every faction have lots of all-around units. Ahistorical units were removed, weak units/poorly represented units has been nerfed, some all-around stays and form the staple, and strong/key elements of faction have been buffed (elite units are army-capped so it stays limited).

the only one thing i can still complain about with DEI is the warscape engine; i hate the way soldiers break down into duels when there is a melee, i'd much prefer it if soldiers fought 2v1 etc ...

... i mean kill moves are kinda cool the first couple of times you see them, but IMO they grate a bit after the first 30 times, and it looks so silly seeing men just duelling lol :D

(the amount of times i've been screaming at one of my iceni soldiers to FUCKING STOP STANDING THERE AND HIT HIM IN THE BACK YOU STUPID BASTARD ASFGGHHHGHAH3EWGGGGHHH!! :D )

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #1510 on: April 02, 2014, 06:51:05 pm »
the only one thing i can still complain about with DEI is the warscape engine; i hate the way soldiers break down into duels when there is a melee, i'd much prefer it if soldiers fought 2v1 etc ...

... i mean kill moves are kinda cool the first couple of times you see them, but IMO they grate a bit after the first 30 times, and it looks so silly seeing men just duelling lol :D

(the amount of times i've been screaming at one of my iceni soldiers to FUCKING STOP STANDING THERE AND HIT HIM IN THE BACK YOU STUPID BASTARD ASFGGHHHGHAH3EWGGGGHHH!! :D )

The thing is, is they do have 2v1 situations. They dont always have duel animations. Sometimes they just swing at them and the other one just kind of jolts from the blow. There is damage from other attackers in ganking situations. I would however like to see other animations that involve more than two people. For example one guy holds the enemy and the other attacker just cuts the helpless man down. Even have situations where the defender is a complete badass and would do something like kicks the guy infront of him and headbutts the guy behind him holding him to break free or some shit. That would be awesome :D

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: April 02, 2014, 06:56:50 pm »
I dont remember if its a vanilla or mod patch, but they removed the "only 1v1 fights" and now multiple guys attack one guy if there is room to. The attacking/killing moves remains 1v1 (never seen a 2v1 or 3+ cinematic move) but if you surround one guy he gets killed fast, since he is basically rolling his "melee def" dice against the "melee attack" dice of multiple attackers which have a higher statistical chance of getting him and applying wounds/killing blow.

^
||
||
got beat  :D

Yea I too would like gank cinematic moves, I think there was some in shogun 2 ?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:01:17 pm by Butan »

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #1512 on: April 02, 2014, 07:17:51 pm »

^
||
||
got beat  :D

Yea I too would like gank cinematic moves, I think there was some in shogun 2 ?

SUCK IT NERD!  :P

But no, they have never had any 3+ cinematic animations in any of the games so far. You'd think they would have done that by now. Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to script.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: April 04, 2014, 05:39:05 pm »
hue heu

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #1514 on: April 05, 2014, 10:37:43 am »
Wow i bought Rome 2 for 3 euro lolololo. Its great game with DEI and few other mods i seriously give it 9/10 with proper mods. When i saw reviews after release i was like nope first total war im not buying but half year later what i bought was worth at least 30 euro imo so for 3 was a great deal.

(i allready played Rome 2 more than Shogun 2 only do 3 turns in native when i realize this arcade battles i quit installed Radoius and DEI and was astonished by its beauty)