Author Topic: Rome II General Info Thread  (Read 124933 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: Rome II General Info Thread
« Reply #750 on: August 11, 2013, 07:36:55 pm »
+1
To be honest they always seem to get below average skilled players to play, they never get someone who really is good at it to test the AI. It would be really nice to see a top total war player play against this "all new AI" to put it through its paces rather then getting people who make silly mistakes to play and be "The AI is really good its really testing my abilities!" When they just keep making silly mistakes and doing silly things.

I'll admit I'm not the best player out there by far but he made very simple mistakes like ignoring his cav and squandering his chance to use them effectively as well, placing his army in a bad spot to where he had to maneuver in order to hit the army coming at him since they were on his flank, sending troops out too far from his front lines, sending units out to die (italian swordsmen) for no real gain... I just didn't understand his thinking.

However hes trying to show off stuff and etc so some leniency is allowed. Just seems strange that they didn't have someone that truly could challenge the AI ... unless they didn't want to truly stress the AI in the fight..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #751 on: August 11, 2013, 09:24:21 pm »
I'll admit I'm not the best player out there by far but he made very simple mistakes like ignoring his cav and squandering his chance to use them effectively as well, placing his army in a bad spot to where he had to maneuver in order to hit the army coming at him since they were on his flank, sending troops out too far from his front lines, sending units out to die (italian swordsmen) for no real gain... I just didn't understand his thinking.

However hes trying to show off stuff and etc so some leniency is allowed. Just seems strange that they didn't have someone that truly could challenge the AI ... unless they didn't want to truly stress the AI in the fight..

True, I guess if they did have a very skilled player put the AI through its paces and the AI couldn't cope that wouldn't do them any favors. Even so it would be nice if they at-least got someone to play who didn't make silly mistakes, every video I've seen apart from the teutoburg forest one the people they got to play seemed to just make obvious mistakes and I find it really irritating. It still looks like a good TW game though, better then shogun 2 at-least.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #752 on: August 11, 2013, 09:26:23 pm »
http://forum.meleegaming.com/total-war-series/rome-ii-announced!/msg834229/#msg834229

I believe in one of those videos(maybe the second 1) the guy actually was competent in his strategy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 12, 2013, 12:57:24 am »
+1
On the Total war forums I found someone had posted about what's currently known for the multiplayer

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/72305-What-we-know-about-Multiplayer-so-far-%28Recap-and-Opinion%29

for everyone who doesn't have a TW account the key points were.

Overview
-Rome 2 will be dropping Shogun 2's online system
-No more veteran forces
-No more Avatar conquest
-No more unlock able units and ability cards

Also this guy done a review on what's known about the multiplayer here. Its a 4 part thing his done, this is only part 1.

EDIT: I just found this little thing. http://maps.totalwar.com/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 01:22:55 am by Hunter_the_Honourable »
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #754 on: August 14, 2013, 08:43:55 am »
Yes they are doing away with all of those multiplayer features and going back to classic multiplayer, why? because they're making the "MMORTS" Total War: Arena which is going to involve all of those elements, so the people who enjoy the classic competitive battles will be happy and those of us who also enjoy the rpg qualities of Shogun 2's avatar mode will get that stuff in Total War: Arena. I enjoy both so all good IMO.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 14, 2013, 10:09:51 am »
I reckon it's also because it would have taken a lot of work to adapt the Shogun 2 multiplayer formula to the various Rome 2 rosters that are all different from one another.
Don't.

Offline Weren

• Duke
  • Renown: 588
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: irc://Weren
« Reply #756 on: August 14, 2013, 01:44:26 pm »
If you preorder from here you can shake roughly 12 euros off the price.
Free speech is about to become terrorism.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 14, 2013, 02:50:47 pm »
Done it on steam just a few hours ago...

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 14, 2013, 02:57:03 pm »
I hated shogun 2 multiplayer, the match making always put me against level 10s when i just started playing. The avatar campaign was a pain in the ass because peoples generals became the most OP unit, more so if they had everything in his fighting ability and put stuff into being a HA, that shit was just annoying.

I'm glad they got rid of the shogun 2 online system, thing was a unbalanced as hell especially before they started limiting units, I mean a whole army of vet bow warrior monks with vet warrior monks maybe with 1-2 units of cav was just stupidly OP.
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #759 on: August 14, 2013, 08:04:00 pm »
If you preorder from here you can shake roughly 12 euros off the price.

Thanks for the link.
I always wondered if i should buy it already or not, but guess i'll take it at a -22%, with Greek DLC, and a possible 15 bucks for their MMO.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #760 on: August 15, 2013, 11:55:29 am »
Anyone use that site yet?

Bought it and it says its supposed to be a steam key but it hasn't given me one. Will i be getting one on release day?

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 15, 2013, 12:09:06 pm »
First time i used it. And since it's a pre-order, i have absolutely no idea how it works. I received a pretty long order code, wich is not a steam key.
I guess we'll get the steam key when it's out, but then how do they know it's a pre-order... i just have no idea.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #762 on: August 15, 2013, 12:18:06 pm »
Anyone use that site yet?

Bought it and it says its supposed to be a steam key but it hasn't given me one. Will i be getting one on release day?
That is usually how key seller work on pre-order.
You pay them, you get the key on release date, maybe 1 day earlier but that's not likely.

First time i used it. And since it's a pre-order, i have absolutely no idea how it works. I received a pretty long order code, wich is not a steam key.
I guess we'll get the steam key when it's out, but then how do they know it's a pre-order... i just have no idea.
The key defines the software package you'll get. So, depending on the key, you'll get the pre-order bonus.
In my experience, most key seller state that they expect the key to be a pre-order one but don't promise it. I can't remember any game that came without the pre-order bonus on my pre-orders I made.

The 2 shops I use regularly and never had issues with (for people interested):
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:23:01 pm by benkei »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 15, 2013, 01:01:30 pm »
Thanks for clarifying that benkei.

To think that when Rome II goes out, i'll be working my ass off for my internship report. :( Won't be free before the end of September...

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #764 on: August 15, 2013, 01:12:59 pm »
I'm moving to the Netherlands on the 1st of September, but God dammit i will find time to play Rome 2.
Turtles