Author Topic: Rome II General Info Thread  (Read 124917 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Rome II General Info Thread
« Reply #630 on: June 24, 2013, 10:32:03 am »
this site is on portuguese u need to register but u can check yourself its 28 euros and u get the dlc , u get the steam code at the release day, i allrdy bought it there and can confirm that it works.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1213-total-war-rome-ii

Muito obrigado  :D.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 24, 2013, 12:55:53 pm »
If only the damn Paypal window would open I would preorder it from there right now.

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems
  • Game nicks: Renovatio
« Reply #632 on: June 24, 2013, 03:43:23 pm »
i had the same problem with paypal when i used chrome, use explorer or another browser then it works

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #633 on: June 24, 2013, 04:19:33 pm »
fucking cheapers.  :rolleyes:
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #634 on: June 26, 2013, 04:47:30 am »
+4
fucking cheapers.  :rolleyes:

All customers of your mother then.

I'll be playing as either one of the Germanic or Celtic tribes to begin with, I will enjoy watching them smash the Romans my old friendgy little skulls in.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 29, 2013, 06:15:17 pm »
Macedonians for me. But I hope the campaign isn't as easy as it was in he frist, after you take over greece.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #636 on: July 02, 2013, 11:26:01 am »
Macedonians for me. But I hope the campaign isn't as easy as it was in he frist, after you take over greece.

Well we can hope they have improved the campaign AI alot, their "difficulty" has always been represented by just giving the AI more bonuses, which whilst made the campaign harder, it was not in a good challenging way. Hopefully the difficulty is based more around the AI rather than balance destroying bonuses.

The AI spammed armies endlessly due to the massive bonuses in gold etc and also made the battles less immersive if you changed battle difficulty as the AI units were buffed up, meaning you'd see one of your awesome units struggling against some my old friendgy unit. Also the constant spam of armies made for repetitive boring battles defending the same shithouse over and over again whilst you attacked inbetween.

Well, the way armies are done looks a lot better this time and they wont be so easily replaceable/spammable so that's one thing that should be better. But until I get to play the game myself I don't have high hopes for any "amazing AI", I won't really be dissapointed if it isn't awesome, I'll still play the hell out of the Campaign and have a lot of fun in multiplayer.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #637 on: July 02, 2013, 04:22:44 pm »
AI has actually improved quite a bit if you compare RTW1/MTW2 to STW2. It was still a bit too spammy though which I think they have recognized as a problem and are working on addressing it.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #638 on: July 02, 2013, 06:00:27 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 02, 2013, 06:30:29 pm »
this site is on portuguese u need to register but u can check yourself its 28 euros and u get the dlc , u get the steam code at the release day, i allrdy bought it there and can confirm that it works.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1213-total-war-rome-ii
Seems dubious, why would they sell it so cheap, and im pretty sure theres gonna be a hiccups with steam activating the cd keys, like happend on max payne 3 steam sale, waited 3 days for them to sort it out  :rolleyes: ,so its prob best to buy from steam, me thinks if and when the aforementioned scenario happens you get the key working quickly from steam.

Cant wait to play as parthia, gonna  rape seleucids with HAs and Cataprachts so bad <3 <3
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:33:42 pm by pingpong »

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #640 on: July 02, 2013, 10:31:08 pm »
Egypt or Parthia :D

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #641 on: July 02, 2013, 10:46:23 pm »
Down with Rome!

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 05, 2013, 10:38:24 pm »
Well we can hope they have improved the campaign AI alot, their "difficulty" has always been represented by just giving the AI more bonuses, which whilst made the campaign harder, it was not in a good challenging way. Hopefully the difficulty is based more around the AI rather than balance destroying bonuses.

The AI spammed armies endlessly due to the massive bonuses in gold etc and also made the battles less immersive if you changed battle difficulty as the AI units were buffed up, meaning you'd see one of your awesome units struggling against some my old friendgy unit. Also the constant spam of armies made for repetitive boring battles defending the same shithouse over and over again whilst you attacked inbetween.

Well, the way armies are done looks a lot better this time and they wont be so easily replaceable/spammable so that's one thing that should be better. But until I get to play the game myself I don't have high hopes for any "amazing AI", I won't really be dissapointed if it isn't awesome, I'll still play the hell out of the Campaign and have a lot of fun in multiplayer.

They could just make enemy factions more likely to ally and attack you the more powerfull you get, in a way that you always have an equal challanging startegy experience from the beginning to the end. So if you take over half the map, almost every other kingdom has recognised you as a danger that intends to dominate them all, and will unite in an effort to bring you down. And you have a war to fight on all fronts, unless you take the time to train expert diplomats to help with that. That's how tw campaigns should have been from the start.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #643 on: July 06, 2013, 03:54:42 am »
They could just make enemy factions more likely to ally and attack you the more powerfull you get, in a way that you always have an equal challanging startegy experience from the beginning to the end. So if you take over half the map, almost every other kingdom has recognised you as a danger that intends to dominate them all, and will unite in an effort to bring you down. And you have a war to fight on all fronts, unless you take the time to train expert diplomats to help with that. That's how tw campaigns should have been from the start.

That doesn't work by itself though if they haven't fixed the AI in other areas.

But without knowing/playing the game, no idea on how the AI actually works now. Hopefully its better.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 10, 2013, 11:48:06 am »

In my experience that's how they have been from the start. It's actually kind of a pain in the ass in my opinion, I just get more and more factions declaring war on me for no real reason and there's nothing I can do about it except kill them. Even bribery rarely keeps them out of my hair for long, and long-time allies seem to have no qualms about suddenly joining the bandwagon.
Don't.