Author Topic: Rome II General Info Thread  (Read 124966 times)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
Re: Rome II General Info Thread
« Reply #225 on: February 01, 2013, 03:33:26 pm »
+2
Faction reveal number 4. The Iceni.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_Rome_II_-_Iceni_Faction

(click to show/hide)

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 01, 2013, 04:08:22 pm »
+1
About time they revealed some barbs. Nice to see they haven't dropped the Brits from the playable list, everybody does love the blue guys and their crazy chariots.

Also, why aren't you linking the hi-res images?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:11:38 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 01, 2013, 04:13:33 pm »
About time they revealed some barbs. Nice to see they haven't dropped the Brits from the playable list, everybody does love the blue guys and their crazy chariots.

Also, why aren't you linking the hi-res images?

(click to show/hide)

Because I only copypasted the faction description :P

Either way, the rage about a british faction over on TWC is pretty delicious. The problem is that there's supposedly only 8 playable factions and having a british one take a slot out of more important ones is causing a lot of resentment.

For example, I doubt we'll see a Germanic tribe as playable because of this British one.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 01, 2013, 04:19:09 pm »
If that's true then it's pretty retarded, yeah. Germans and Gauls seems like the most sensible choice for European barbs if you're cutting them down to two for some reason. Eight playables (no, you don't count the ones that have multiple families more than once) seems a really low number, even after you factor in that they'll inevitably be making new factions playable through DLC.

So wait, if that's true, then we're looking at four more factions after Rome, Carthage, Macedon and Iceni. Those will almost certainly include Gaul and the Seleukids, Parthians or some other eastern faction and... Ptolemaics? I dunno, whoever they pick they're still missing loads of basically essential stuff.
Don't.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 01, 2013, 04:27:37 pm »
Parthians
Ptolemy
Pontic
Seleucid
Gauls
Germanics
Greek Cities
Iberian
Sarmatian

Pick 4. :P

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 01, 2013, 04:32:40 pm »
Yep. Greeks are out because of Macedon, Seleukids are the most likely second successor state, Gauls are the most likely second barbarian culture (though it seems silly to have two Celt factions and no Germans, I just can't see them dropping Gaul), Parthians are probably the most likely eastern culture, so that leaves one question mark for me. Ptolemaics are at risk because they might be seen as being too similar to Seleukids and Madecon (and Carthage I guess), but only if CA don't do what they did in the first RTW and make them more like pre-Hellenistic Egypt. Iberian and Sarmatian are also possible, I think.
Don't.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2013, 04:37:55 pm »
I've always wondered.... Why do they never make ALL factions playable? They make the different factions and their unit roosters anyway, why not let us play them? They can have their 8 (or whatever) "main" factions, but why not make us able to start as any faction possible if we want to?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #232 on: February 01, 2013, 04:39:29 pm »
+2
DLC

How many factions did they add as DLC in STW2? like 3 or 4? Expect them to add like 8 to RTW2, and then at least 2 era xpacs again (Alexander + 500 A.D. map?)

Remember when CA used to actually include like 25 factions & 3 campaign eras in the initial release?

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 01, 2013, 04:50:14 pm »
+1
Three DLC clans for Shogun 2 and four for Fall of the Samurai -- even though in all cases they were basically the same faction with different bonuses and maybe a unique unit or two. There were also the two unit packs for Shogun 2 (similar to past ones for Empire and Napoleon) that added some new special units to all the factions -- adding variety that didn't really exist in the base game. Since RTW2 will actually have different factions with different units, and the opening selection of factions is so limited, we can probably expect a shitload of DLC.
Don't.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #234 on: February 01, 2013, 07:11:14 pm »
Given how much DLC they plan to release, CA would be reasonable if they kept the launch price under 40$ or 35$ even.

Hell I might even buy it on release then, instead of wait for a couple of patches + steam sale considering how flawed these TW gold versions have usually been.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 01, 2013, 08:00:24 pm »
Given how much DLC they plan to release, CA would be reasonable if they kept the launch price under 40$ or 35$ even.

Yes, it would be reasonable if the whole point of DLC wasn't to extract more money per sold game.
Don't.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #236 on: February 01, 2013, 10:36:54 pm »
DLC

How many factions did they add as DLC in STW2? like 3 or 4? Expect them to add like 8 to RTW2, and then at least 2 era xpacs again (Alexander + 500 A.D. map?)

Remember when CA used to actually include like 25 factions & 3 campaign eras in the initial release?
True. Greedy people gonna be greedy.

I wouldn't mind if the DLC factions where completely new factions (like: in medieval 2 they could have made some of the rebel territories into a new actual faction with the DLC), but when they already have a faction in the base game but yet make it AI only... The rage!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 01, 2013, 11:18:35 pm »
+1
True. Greedy people gonna be greedy.

I wouldn't mind if the DLC factions where completely new factions (like: in medieval 2 they could have made some of the rebel territories into a new actual faction with the DLC), but when they already have a faction in the base game but yet make it AI only... The rage!
Factions that are already in the game can usually be unlocked with some hax.

In R:TW and M2:TW you could do that by just editing one text file. A quick google search sez you can do the same in Empire and with a bit more trouble - in Shogun 2 as well (why would you want to do that? :lol:)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 01, 2013, 11:22:58 pm »

In R:TW and M2:TW you could do that by just editing one text file. A quick google search sez you can do the same in Empire and with a bit more trouble - in Shogun 2 as well (why would you want to do that? :lol:)
I know. That's why I've never bought those DLCs and used mods instead :P

I don't mind DLCs, paying for more content is always nice. But paying for shit that is pretty much already in? Fuck you man!

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2013, 03:33:08 am »

I did that once to play as rebels. Holy crap lol. So much stuff to do on the very first turn then you have to fight like 50 battles.. its insane.

Then you play your second turn with 1/4 your settlements gone lol. Was lulzy but I quickly stopped since it took forever to do anything with them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login