Author Topic: Rebalance and differentiate wpf.  (Read 651 times)

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
Rebalance and differentiate wpf.
« on: June 18, 2012, 02:02:38 am »
+2
@ first a little st0ry:
Sometimes I go to the duel server and every time I lose. Especially to Bifi. After the first three duels he need a challenge and picks up a weapon in which he has no wpf. He still win. I still suck.

Eh?
Patience.

First something I consider a fact:
Wpf matters in melee, but not as much as wpf matters for ranged.

Goal:
We want hybrids to be eligible (Hoplites with sidearm), we want ranged that doesn't run away but stay and fight but we want to keep ranged bundle of sticksry to a min.

The how:
Differentiate the number of points you get. Like REALLY differentiate. As in a complex algorithm. Not a 1 wm gives x wpf. Nope.
Wpf points should be given with things taken into consideration: Is it going to be used for melee or ranged? Does the character already have a ranged skill? does he have melee? More points if he use it for two melee wpf's. etc.
We don't want builds that can do everything, and imo ranged/melee hybrids doesn't really need a buff, they are powerfull enough as is.

But melee/melee builds could use a buff and a 1-1 conversion of wpf points just seem to simple.

hep hep.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2648
  • Infamy: 1942
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Rebalance and differentiate wpf.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 02:18:59 am »
No buff for melee speed. Gayswords too fast. Buff hybrids instead. Over and out.

Offline skkk

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 03:00:53 am »
No buff for melee speed. Gayswords too fast. Buff hybrids instead. Over and out.
great sword is too fast ? are u kidding me ?
the heavy large weapon is sooooooooooo slow in crpg ..  i mean comparison with native.
so everyone seems like to have so good block skill......

i think
1. reduce the effect of melee wpf by armor , cause i think the swing is tooooo slow in crpg.
2. remove all free wpf point and get them by add agi , it's more fair and balance.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 11:52:44 am »
+1
gayswords is fast. Even with 0 wpf it's quite effective weapon (if you understand what to do with this weapon).
also our gayswords is fantasy weapons. I pity all this anime heroes with 2H weapons longer that 120cm.