Author Topic: Different heirlooms on light/heavy armours  (Read 484 times)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
Different heirlooms on light/heavy armours
« on: June 10, 2012, 11:24:37 am »
I've been wondering why light armour when heirloomed give +5 in body/leg armour just like the heavy armour. I mean it doesn't make much sense, so I was wondering if instead of the light armour heirloom giving +5 in body/leg armour why not make it give +3 in body/leg AND a decrease in weight?

This way heavier armour will net more bonuses in defence while light armour will get a medium boost in defence but get lighter.

Thoughts?

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
Re: Different heirlooms on light/heavy armours
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 11:27:04 am »
+1
Yes, increase the weight of heavy armors  :mrgreen:

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 12:44:26 pm »
+1
Wait. Light Armor actually only gets +4 Leg/Body Armor when Loomed. That happens when its called "Reinforced" after loomed and not "Lordly". That includes all armors up to (including) Heavy Aketon. Starting with Byrnie they are called Lordy and get +5 Body/leg. :P

But why a weight sink. I prefer 1 Body/Leg Armor over less weight. They already have low weight, thats why they are used. :D
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 01:55:00 pm »
Wait. Light Armor actually only gets +4 Leg/Body Armor when Loomed. That happens when its called "Reinforced" after loomed and not "Lordly". That includes all armors up to (including) Heavy Aketon. Starting with Byrnie they are called Lordy and get +5 Body/leg. :P

But why a weight sink. I prefer 1 Body/Leg Armor over less weight. They already have low weight, thats why they are used. :D

I believe archers prefer a 1 less weight rather than a 1 more armor.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 02:04:56 pm »
+1
Ya but not everyone using Light Armor is an archer therefore it wouldnt be a good idea to give that change to every Light Armor I guess.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 02:11:44 pm »
It's more about having heirlooms more appropriate to the armour style rather than what it currently is.

For example light strange armour gives +5 in body/legs and plate gives the same buffs.... what gives?

In my opinion armour that have less than 10 weight is still light but there's many with less than 9 weight that give +5 body/leg just like the heavy armour which is not fair as it makes people not use heavy armour when you can achieve great body/leg protection even with a medium armour thanks to the current upgrades.

Light armour is used mostly for mobility and so their heirloom upgrades should be appropriate to that not identical to the heavy armours heirloom upgrades.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 02:15:39 pm by Vexus »