Author Topic: cRPG Nations Cup Rule discussions  (Read 18249 times)

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
Re: cRPG Nations Cup Rule discussions
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2012, 08:32:21 pm »
+1
Omg, some guys don't really understand why there are restrictions in some tournaments...

Scenario :

1) A Topskilledteam with full loomed set being only cav ( lancers/1h/archers ) can own every team who is on ground ( few exceptions )

You said topskilled team which is what a tournament exactly is. It's an opportunity for the best to prove themselves and you think a team full of cav using lances/1h/bows really are that OP. First off maps decide how effective cav are and if you are all infantry it should be easy. Couple siege shields to protect pikes with ranged in the middle and bam wait for the cav to make a mistake and get murdered.

Restrictions are lame and shouldn't have to be here for a tournament between nations. Even if the other team has all loomed gear well I wouldnt give a shit because I know they must have worked hard for that and deserve to be bestest nation of swords and horses because they play hard.

This tournament isn't clan based its about each nation and I know for me at least that I will be playing with a lot of players, I would normally never play with. That's what will make this tourney the best and I'm going to have fun with and these restrictions take that away as they force us to play in a way we normally wouldnt.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Sivlan

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • Super Slavic Warrior
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Risen
  • Game nicks: Sivlan ,Sivlan_Of_Arc, Sivlan_Range, Sivlan_STF
  • IRC nick: eeehm... Sivlan?
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2012, 11:16:05 pm »
Actually it might be interesting to see no restrictions just to see how it shakes out.

The difficulty then though, that the choice of map becomes the main "restriction". A city map would favour heavy infantry while an open map would favour range & cavalry.

The best compromise map I can think of off the top of my head would that classic gladiator arena map. Not too big, cover in middle with the low walls, a few posts scattered around, but still room for cav to circle.

pretty fuckin great idea :D
My shield is my shield.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2012, 08:31:57 pm »
Don't allow too heavy horses. We played a friendly game and the enemy team had 2 Mamluke-horses with heaviest possible armors and huscarls and was just bumping with shields up the whole time...

Seems kinda retarded (if quite effective) if you ask me. And it does not in the least resemble a normal playstyle.

No restrictions would mean that just the whole team can go tincan with huscarls on Plated Charger.
That would be a serious unbalance and is the reason why clanbattles have restrictions to prevent that from happening.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:52:15 pm by BlameMeForTheNoise »

Offline Elmuri

• Marshall
  • Renown: 817
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2012, 06:29:26 pm »
I think the rule of 4 players from same clan at the same time should be removed if it's going to be an obstacle for Polands participation. They might get a little advantage if lots of players are from Greys, but I don't think this is so serious comptetition that it really matters?

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2012, 10:02:25 pm »
Don't allow too heavy horses. We played a friendly game and the enemy team had 2 Mamluke-horses with heaviest possible armors and huscarls and was just bumping with shields up the whole time...

Seems kinda retarded (if quite effective) if you ask me. And it does not in the least resemble a normal playstyle.

No restrictions would mean that just the whole team can go tincan with huscarls on Plated Charger.
That would be a serious unbalance and is the reason why clanbattles have restrictions to prevent that from happening.

Agreed.
Should have a sort of "cost efficient" balance :
Max 1 heavy horse.
Max 1 tincan.
Max 4 bodkin arrows or 4 steel bolts, or any combination for a total of 4.
Max 2 longspear/pikes.
Max 1 Great maul. (or 2 mallet)
Max 1 steel shield.

No restriction for all the other stuff.
For example, of course.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2012, 10:36:56 pm »
New suggested Rule, instead of allowing only 4 players out of the same clan in the 16 man team, we wanted to change it so that no more then 4 or 5 (not yet decided) members of the same clan can be active on the 10 man team at the same time. This should allow for easier teamformation for certain if not most nations.

In this way you exclude polish team from the tournament :rolleyes: This or what Tot said.

So clans which include most if not all valuable cRPG players from a nation will actually be forced to remove some of the members from the clan for the duration of this cup? This rule is idiotic, to say the least.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Plavor

• Baron
  • Renown: 83
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Yoshis are dragons, not dinos!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Plavor
  • IRC nick: Plavor
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2012, 10:38:00 pm »
bulzur your range rule suggestion sucks :)

1) You didnt mind about thrower, so infinity throwing weapons
2) 4 Bodkins Arrows or 4 Steel Bolts, 4 in total =  means in a real battle realistically 4 xbowman and just 2 archers :P or 4 archers who are running out of ammo really fast.

Rest seems to be ok but maybe the restriction in pikes/longspears is a bit ridiciolous, just a normal blockable weapon and with a horse restrictions, there wont be many pikers.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2012, 10:44:25 pm »
bulzur your range rule suggestion sucks :)

1) You didnt mind about thrower, so infinity throwing weapons
2) 4 Bodkins Arrows or 4 Steel Bolts, 4 in total =  means in a real battle realistically 4 xbowman and just 2 archers :P or 4 archers who are running out of ammo really fast.

Rest seems to be ok but maybe the restriction in pikes/longspears is a bit ridiciolous, just a normal blockable weapon and with a horse restrictions, there wont be many pikers.

Running out of ammo ? I believe there's normal bolts and normal arrows to, no ?
But since we restrict tincan, plate armor, we should restrict good pierce for range too, so that it's more strategic : will you waste a bodkin arrow on a horse, or keep it for the tincan, etc...

For throwers, yep, totally my bad. How could i forgot them...
Max 1 slot of throwing lances. Else... take what you want.

Pikes/longspears are not ridiculous, especially if used with a plated charger guy, and that they're high agi. Plated chargers = easy bumps = easy kill for longspear/pikeman.

2 seems enough for 10 players, don't you think ? Having 30% of longspear/pike seems a bit... too many.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2012, 08:46:38 pm »
Looting allowed, y/n?
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2012, 07:55:56 am »
Is deciding on a set of rules allowed?
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.