Author Topic: Rebalancing the Great Maul's stats  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
Re: Rebalancing the Great Maul's stats
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2012, 12:48:01 am »

PS.
The stab part is obviously true, but are you sure about the overhead? I don't think there's enough stun from it to give time for mauls main attack in before the swing follow-up connects.

Works 90% of the time for me when i fight with a Great Maul. Although its not really usable gains agi-builds with 24 or more points in it or Katanas. BUt im not sure if they just lack timing their, im using the maul rarely nowadays
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2012, 01:41:22 am »
This was fun to read :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2012, 12:39:05 pm »
What the OP suggests would seem to need a completely new animation to be created for the GM. A new animation for just one weapon is unlikely.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2012, 11:47:34 pm »
+2
From what I've seen, the first post is very well made. The idea itself both brings good sense to the realism and game balance. It is not a whining thread. It is not a nerf or buff thread, just offering reasonable changes.

Yet many people still dislike it, and make comments like "L2P". It's not even sad to me after this moment. I can't even feel sorry about you, community.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2012, 11:53:14 pm »
this community is full of whiners and full of people who want to nerf other classes to gain advantage to their class

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2012, 12:06:24 am »
Which is what causes all the rage. Classes are distant and very based on certain conditions. A two hander dies by missile-->nerf ranged. Shielder gets beaten in melee ---> nerf twohanded. Archer gets stabbed back by heavy cav ---> nerf cav. Something unlike other mods. Since you can change tactics if needed.

One example is picking the infantry class in native and carrying a twohander, one hander and a shield. If you see an archer about to shoot you, pull of your shield and one hand. If you see no archers around, pull of your great axe and gain the upper hand in melee. When the enemy infantry (shielder) gets beaten by your two handed axe, it means he should've had a twohander as well or play accordingly with his shield+onehanded. There's not many rage going around here, that if you get beaten it is purely your fault. Something unlike we have in crpg. Not saying it is possible to make it balanced, since the idea of levelling up and stuff is built on creating unfair adventages. Not to mention, the differences among classes. I don't really know what should be done, but it certainly needs a change.
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2012, 06:44:23 pm »
Wait.....what's the counter to great maul? Spam? From what I have read that isn't the best since mails and 2h alike can hilt slash and turn at very hard angles between swings with no glance.