Author Topic: Horse Archery Guide [Notup2date]  (Read 19496 times)

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Horse Archery Guide
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 10:15:22 pm »
+3
Horse Archer in Plate works, but beware of upkeep. With Steppe Horse its around 5,5k already. With plated charger its up to 8,5k. ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 01:12:03 am »
Do you think this is viable as a HA and as a foot archer. I'll be using the horn bow while on a horse, just want the 6 PD for in strat so I can use the Rus/Longbow also go on foot if I need extra money. 85% of the time I'll be on a horse though while playing EU1 ect.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 01:24:46 am »
+1
I used that build during my last HA gen and liked it. The 7 Riding skill is perfect to use on EU1, considering a lot of cavalry sometimes. With Desert/ Arabian Warhorse you'll be doing nice.

If you are new to HA, you might dislike 3 HA skill (and 7 WM) only. But those 6 PD are really a must have for Strat. I hated my gen with 5 PD only as I was completely useless in many strat battles.

The build is a good choice and you'll have your fun. :)

Without any ATH you can't kite melee players though (except for plate users). But that's the last thing you should worry about.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2012, 02:53:40 am »
+1
Yeah, been trying 4HA and 3HA and it doesn't seem to bother me that much. Also thanks the the info, been trying to make crpg a lot more fun while grinding the looms (Gen 3 atm) and HA is defiantly the funniest class to play :D 

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 04:23:28 pm »
+1
I need to admit that using Yumi is much better (at least for me) while with 18/21 build.

Arabian Warhorse + Yumi + Bodkins + lamellar/other armor = Incredible!

My HA is Victory (that's nickname)

Offline Aprikose

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JugendFeuerwehr
  • Game nicks: Great Bascinet!
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 09:38:08 pm »
We do NOT need more Horsearchers...
click it!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 07:46:15 am »
+3
We do NOT need more Horsearchers...
Agree, we need more 2h heroes to save the mod!

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 12:21:53 am »
There were many changes lately, not only regarding foot archers with for example heavier weight for arrows but many more. I currently think about leveling up an alt to update the guide.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 04:42:16 pm »
Miwiw can you illuminate the subject if HA's are underpowered or not?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2013, 08:15:59 am »
+4
HA is not underpowered, it is just difficult to play effectively. Regardless of your bow/arrows choice, your shots will NEVER land where you aim. It took me a long time to adjust to HA aiming compared to foot archer aiming. In third person as a foot archer, you just have to aim your crosshairs above your target and factor in distance. As a horse archer, you need to aim to the left or right as well, to account for your momentum. Even with 30 ping, I see my arrows released "behind" my horse rather than where I am shooting from. The height difference between mounted and unmounted is also a factor, but much easier to adjust to.

As for builds, I am 18/24 (no PS, no melee WPF, no athletics). 4 HA skill is the absolute minimum if you want to shoot farther than a throwing weapon can reliably hit. I took 18 str because I love strat battles, and would hate to be useless because I can't use the 6 PD requirement bows that the army has for equipment. 8 riding means that you can outmaneuver and usually outrun anyone, even skilled enemy lancers.

I use the +3 Yumi and +3 Arrows in battle/siege. The upkeep with an arabian horse is low enough that you won't lose money every round. You just have to pick targets with light mail or lower armor. Or horses (they are point piƱata if you are ranged cav). Taking down enemy lancers/melee cav then galloping away from the dehorsed player, saying "[N]o" is funny every time. With bodkins you can shoot any enemy you see (still excluding shielders), but you get less arrows and pay drastically higher upkeep. It's a luxury option in my opinion. Just practice practice practice until it clicks! It's worth the effort if you really want to play HA. Remember, if you have equal WPF your horn bow or yumi will draw and shoot faster than the enemy's longbow/rus bow. Don't panic, just bump and shoot your trampled target.

Some maps on battle (and 99% of siege maps) are no good for horse archers. Even with 0 athletics and 0 ps/melee wpf I do better as foot archer if the map has nowhere for you to ride your horse and take advantage of it. I still prefer pure HA because this build requires the heaviest investment of points/stats. In my opinion, it's better to maximize HA capability than to become a mediocre horse archer and a poor melee fighter.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Horse Archery Guide [Notup2date]
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2013, 12:03:04 am »
also tell how to build an atomic bomb. usefull info. forget about the peeps whining about it. its cus they do not understand the true power of it.

i wish we all had a nuke :C :C :C *sadface*

can you spot my sarcasm and do you understand why im sarcastic or do you want me to elaborate? i can tell you why i dislike this thread. but i think you know.

-______-

« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:06:51 am by Sniger »