Author Topic: Make the Mute Player option Permanent Please!  (Read 408 times)

Offline Celduin_Nienna

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None.
  • Game nicks: Battle_Angel_Arqa
Make the Mute Player option Permanent Please!
« on: April 28, 2012, 11:25:41 pm »
+1
In the Options Menu of multiplayer Mount and Blade is the option to Mute individual players by name.

However at present, this ability to mute individual players resets itself whenever:

1) The player you have muted Logs off and back on again.

2) You close your client.

(Also, I have noticed that when a muted player relogs, they not only become unmuted, but the Mute system reassigns the Mute to another player randomly, or the next person on the player list.
I think this because I frequently find people on the mute list who i did not mute, and only when the person I did mute has relogged.)

Consequently it is currently impossible to permanently mute rude and/or troublesome players.

This is becoming seriously ridiculous. As we all know there as some very obnoxious, rude, immature and stupid people playing cRPG who for some unknown
reason feel the need to spam the chat window with nonsense.

I would really like to just forget about these trolls, and enjoy the game and interacting with the other players who have good and reasonable things to say.

But at present, these trolls are a continual source of annoyance and frustration to me because I have to re-mute them every time I or they log on.
I had to mute one rude player 4 times today, because he kept re-logging and spamming chat with rude crap.

Really, these people are detracting from my enjoyment of cRPG, and I really just would like to forget about them.

I hope it is not too technically difficult for the Devs, but could they please work on making the Muted players Save inside the game client
to stop this continual reseting of the Mute list.

I am sure I am not the only person who would be very grateful for this. Thanks! :)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:05:02 am by Celduin_Nienna »
A sword has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Make the Mute Player option Permanent Please!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 11:33:22 pm »
You're just mad you can read what I write.  :mrgreen:
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Re: Make the Mute Player option Permanent Please!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 11:37:46 pm »
+1, wouldn't hurt to have this.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.